(Old) GET READY TO RUM-BEAR! - A Fat Bear Week MMP

Oh yeah. I noticed it as Chloé was doing her business earlier.

So sorry to hear about Charm. It’s never easy no matter how small they are.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave. Crazy Saturday, then the weekend.

Good to know it’s for Pretzel. Not that we’d judge your food habits otherwise. :wink:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 59 Amurrkin out and clear (BRR!) with a predicted high of 82 and sunny. OYKW and I will go out for breakfast this mornin’, probably Jack’s, and then I shall betake myself over to the church house to deal with candle and other duties and for the Safe Church Safe Communities trainin’ until three p.m. At least I get lunch out of it. OYKW will be on his own to feed, but he will survive. My DAWGS play Oklahoma at three-thirty p.m. so I will be back in da cave in time for that. Should be a challenge for the DAWGS, so I expect I will be put in extra speshul sooper seekrit double confession before the end of the game. Also, no nappage today, but I will survive.

{{{MOOOOOOM}}} FWIW prayers ascend for your mom, you, and the family.

Oopsie the tree house is tres cool! I like that you can change the leaves if you so desire.

MetalMouse you have a full day ahead. Stay hydrated and have fun.

red Peace, Hope, and Cookies should be embroidered on a throw pillow.

shoe I saw the moon a few minutes ago. It is gorgeous! So sorry Charm has slithered to the other side. Makes sense not to keep raisin’ ratties. As long as Pretzel is happy with frozen (if you don’t have homemade store bought is fine) ratties all is well.

Now I need more caffeine and I suppose I should purtify and don acceptable attire before headin’ out to breakfast and goin’ to get all learnt up.

Happy Sattidy Y’all!

It was so bright here I actually got out of bed cos I saw it shining under the bedroom door and thought I musta left a light on.

I reckon my supervisors assumed there was no point in a meeting- which is understandable, if I have an issue at this point, I shouldn’t be leaving it til the next meeting, I should just ask ASAP. I wish they’d mentioned that though…
It is actually a requirement from the uni that I have one; they have to have at least, one meeting a month with any overseas students here on a visa to ensure they’re actually making progress, so they apply that to all students. Hence the one that showed up was the one from the uni, plus the useless one.

Tis bright and sunny today, and I woke up late due to not falling asleep until late. I shall away off somewhere in a bit, not sure where yet.

Shoe the tongs are sometimes also used by people who do terrarium or aquarium planting. I actually bought a set for irk, when I was doing in-vitro plants, which got me some verrrry funny looks and mine weren’t even rainbow. Mind you, I also bought a Nessie ladle for playing working with liquid nitrogen, so…

That’s a nifty detail.

That’s the spirit!

Okay, that was funny as heck.

I don’t know why this made me smile, but it did. She was indeed quite lit.

I never thought of that!


Okay, I’m awake at far too stoopit early o’clock, so imma roll back over and chase down Mr. Sandman.

Catch all y’all laterzzzzzzz…

Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 17c/62f with no predicted change, and cloudy. Weather app says “This weather is like the fucking band, Oasis. It thinks it’s better than the fucking Beatles, but it’s not.”

Taters that was nasty scare for your son and Zeus. I am glad nobody was hurt, and Zeus appears to be ok. Poor thing must have been really scared.

WetOne yay for riding Ariel again!

Oopsie keeping everything crossed for your aunt’s recovery and release from the clutches of the horsepistol.

Mooooom keeping everything crossed for your mum too.

shoe I’m sorry to hear about Charm :frowning:

Yesterday was a fun day, in the best way. I had the day off work (felt slightly guilty about, but annual leave is a use it or lose it thing so I’m using it), didn’t do much apart from stroll up to the local petrol station as it’s got a cash machine and I needed beer tokens for Friday night. The gas engineer came in the afternoon to service the boiler and replace a small plastic bit that was falling apart. 'im indoors made dinner, and we went out to the first night of NWOCR5 at our favourite big venue in town.

We got there after the first act had finished (deliberately) - she’s a shrieky singer and neither of us are fans. The other two bands on last night were excellent. Our favourite barmaid was working too, so we didn’t even have to order drinks :slight_smile: There were plenty of people there that we knew so it was good to chat to folks in between bands.

Afterwards, we went to the Giffard for a drink, and then decided to go up to the Posada for last orders. OK, last orders there is 12.30am…anyway, chatted to the barmaid, made a fuss of the pub dog, and ended up talking to a guy who is a caseworker for our local MP. We bitched about a particular member of the local council who is just a very nasty person. Got a cab home from town, with a driver who knew where we lived so we had a laugh with him on the way home.

We’re off for Day 2, got a table booked for lunch at Jack’s Café so that will sort us out for food before we go to the venue. I’m sure it will be a very good day!

I think I over-caffeinated yesterday, having had both diet coke and 2 big mugs of tea. It was well after 1 before I fell asleep and I woke around 2:30 with frozen feet. As soon as I put socks on, I was able to drop off again, but I still woke before 7. Ugh.

Today’s garage day. Ages ago, FCD built a big rack attached to one wall where a bunch of walnut and cherry boards live, as well as some cubbies for smaller bits. We’re going to sort thru all of it, put the lumber on the two top “shelves” with the small bits either going for firewood or for storage “just in case.” Then we’ll remove the lower “shelves” and cubbies and park the bikes under there. All of this is in anticipation of the pellets being delivered on Moanday. They’ll come on pallets (The pallets with the pellets…) and we need to have a clear path for the pallet jack to maneuver. Theoretically, it shouldn’t take us more than a couple of hours. We’ll see how that theory works.

I’m not sure when to expect a message from my sister. That’s also part of the reason I had trouble falling asleep. At this stage of Mom’s life, her health decline shouldn’t be a surprise, but, well, you know. Next month is 24 years since my dad died. Plus the other day we came across some items MIL wanted Daughter to have, and seeing some of them upset FCD. Not a good time to be smacked in the face with mortality, is if there ever is a good time.

Sorry, don’t mean to be morose.

I was surprised to see 60 Ferrets this morning, especially after the frozen foot episode. We’re promised rain thru tomorrow and winds gusting to 30 or so. I’m glad we took care of the questionable trees. Last night, we were looking at videos of coastal erosion from NJ to NC, including a particularly bad section near the hotel where FCD and I like to go in Ocean City, MD. Lots of pummeling action by the surf. The Chesapeake Bay is expected to have especially high tides from water being pushed in from the ocean. We’re definitely glad to be on a floating dock.

And that’s the morning’s rambling blathering. Happy Saturday!

Actually, yes.

Definitely not a bad moon on the rise.

swampy, good luck to the Dawgs, might make it home to see that.

boo fae, sounds like a great Firday night was had. Enjoy Saturday.

FCM, I really need to clean out my garage and shelves…someday. Best wishes for Mom.

Not much time, I coach at 8am and 9:30am and referee at 11:15am and 1:35pm, so won’t be around until 3pm or later (if I survive). Fortuanately the weather is very fall-like, 56F right now and only reaching 82 late in the afternoon.

Now need to make sure I’ve got everything I need packed in the car. Have a good one all.

Just heard from my sister. Looks like they’re keeping Mom in the hospital over the weekend to do some tests. She doesn’t want any visitors so I asked for a phone # as soon as she has one. With luck, I’ll get to talk to her today.

Due to weird Discourse stuff, the footnote continues to display, even when I’ve scrolled down a few posts. It’s rather surreal.

And now I’ve got a footnote about Pretzel floating around.

Gorgeous as usual. I like the extra touch of seeing the step stool you needed to get a picture of the whole thing.

Crossing fingers and various appendages that Word cooperates.

Yay for Nelson walkies!

{{{FCM}}}

That looks like fun. Last night I started reading the first 6:20 book and got through ⅓ of it before my yawns were making it difficult to read. Might get another ⅓ read today, depending on the my desire to get things on my to-do list done.

Made oatmeal for breakfast, went to just one grocery store, then cleaned all the panels in the winter garden. I had cleaned them in the spring, and then we normally had them open, so any pollen accumulation wasn’t bugging me. But now it’s cooler and we’re keeping them closed, and I was getting tired of seeing the spots.

Did some garden work, and of course I forgot to trim one of the shrubs, so that’s the thing I’m focusing on, instead of noticing what I did get done. Got 5 raspberries off the raspberry plant, and picked a catfaced beefsteak tomato, which I’ll eat for dinner. Made lunch, hubby made lattes, and now I’m going to get some cinnamon ice cream, which is from last weekend’s endeavors.

Good morning to you. I’m vertical, clothed, and mostly awake. I’ve had a cup of Krogurt, a mandarin orange, and a mug of coffee. It’s 44F and sunny, rising later to 72F.

Cookie mentioned Henry Mancini. Let us also remember Plas Johnson, who played that slinky saxophone riff on The Pink Panther. He died recently.

Oopsie, I read about you putting the green tree house leaves in a drawer in case you wanted to switch over. I pictured myself wondering, “Where the heck did I put those green leaves?”

Okay, I’m caught up, sorta. I’m off to build a bowl of cereal.

Mornin’ everyone.

It’s 46F, dark, and partly cloudy. We might see some peeks of sunshine in the early afternoon, but it’ll mostly be cloudy to partly cloudy, with a daytime high of 62F.

FCM, sending best wishes for your Mom.

Oopsie, I hope things are going better with your Aunt, too. I liked your Lego tree.

Shoe, I’m sorry about Charm.

The PNW had a bit of a storm move through the area yesterday. My son’s county got hit harder than ours, and he was without power for most of the day. About five minutes before he was going to leave and come up here, his power was restored. There was rain and lots of gusty wind, and since the leaves are still mostly on the trees, there was a lot of load weight, so branches came down, along with wires. They even had I-5 closed south of the Capitol due to downed wires and trees.

It was mostly very dark outside, which made it perfect to be cozy on the couch with the pups. It rained, very hard at times, and we had a few rather impressive wind gusts.

My husband claims he’s going to the grocery store today. We shall see. He should have just done it yesterday when he went out to Mud Bay to purchase doggy ice cream (they were out) and a few other treats for the dogs. Safeway is in the same shopping center. But, whatever.

As for me, I’ll need to rake up the branches and stuff that fell in the yard, and I should probably dust and vacuum the house.

Okay, it’s time for more coffee. I had a restless night and woke up from a very strange dream where I was trying to use the bathroom inside a tiny, tiny pup tent set up for that purpose. But there was no receptacle in the tent for the waste. We were supposed to use the floor. Grossed me out. Plus, someone was in there with me, trying to have a conversation, which made it both tight and awkward. Dreams be weird.

Please take care of yourselves.

Just tap or click off the footnote, and it should disappear.

Hugs to Zeus and your son, taters.

I’m sorry to hear about Charm, shoe.

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted and fixing to do KP. It’s mostly RDOS today. I do need to change printer ink, then print the labels that I use for the back of my cards. Other than that, it will be messing around in the studio to see what I come up with.

Y’all have a great day!

A lazy Saturday morning. We’ll be going to dinner with the niece and her husband later today. ::pity party:: I’m guessing my kids have gotten bored with me being nearby, as I don’t hear from two of them at all these days /pity party.

We’re supposed to get a bit of rain today, but as of now it looks reasonably clear.

And now. . .Cat With Orchid - a photo essay:

My aunt was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon, after a determination that she has a very mild pericardial effusion (fluid in the sac that surrounds the heart) that can be treated with meds and outpatient cardiologist care. But I just learned that after feeling alright for a while she started feeling ill again, and now she’s back in the ER; they’ve been there all morning. :frowning: Heart stuff is no joke, especially at 71 (even though she’s in good shape), so I’m back to being low-key-worried – but I’m also extra glad I stayed home, because they would have gone from their place in NYC to their place in upstate NY to meet me and then would’ve had a 2-hour drive back to the hospital!

At 10:46am it’s 62°F and cloudy, with rain expected this afternoon and a high of only 66. It’s been in the 60s and rainy all week, making the house a little chilly at times, but after such a hot summer I’ve been enjoying the cool; it’s definitely not cold enough to turn the heat on yet. Plus, temps are supposed to climb back into the 80s Wed-Fri. Meanwhile, I have thick socks and fleece jackets for the TV room on the first floor. Once we’re firmly into October I’ll think about turning the heat on (and reversing the upstairs/downstairs vents).

I’m looking forward to not doing much of anything this weekend. This afternoon I’ll mostly read (#2 in David Baldacci’s King & Maxwell series), and I’ll walk to the mailbox at some point today in case there’s a New Yorker in there that I can peruse tomorrow. I have leftover pizza for lunch and dinner today, and am also looking forward to finishing the mini Cinnabon rolls I got with the pizza (I ordered from Pizza Hut, and am not capable of not getting those!).

When I moved into this place, I was given two remotes for the garage door opener: they’re both small and designed to be kept on a keychain, but I find them too bulky for that. I haven’t been able to program the HomeLink button on my rear-view mirror that’s supposed to work (someday I’ll take the next steps and get it figured out), so I’ve been keeping a remote in one of my car’s cupholders. But I recently decided that I want one that clips to the sun visor, so the other week I ordered two options online (from the company that makes my garage door opener); they were delivered on Wednesday. This is how lazy I’m feeling this weekend: programming them would only involve (a) backing the car all of three feet out of the garage so I can access the garage door opener, then (b) getting on a stepladder so I can reach the “learn” button on the back of the opener…and I’m not sure I can be bothered. :joy:

The smartest part of me is my ass, but I’m totally stealing that SFW version. :grin:

That is so cute!

Aww no…you might have mentioned this when it happened, but this is the first I’m aware. I’m so sorry.

Don’t you dare ever apologize for sharing. <makes stern face>

:crossed_fingers:

I’m glad you like it enough to have gotten that far! Book #4 in that series comes out in November; I’m looking foward to it.

LOL! I should have specified that I have a 10-drawer cart in the kitchen dedicated to Lego, including alternate pieces for sets, and I put it in one of those drawers. :slight_smile:

What a beautiful picture/Sadie/flower! :heart_eyes:

Worst part of the garage task is done. I need to move a few things so the pallets can go where I want them to go, but that’ll take maybe 30 minutes. So I’m taking a break while FCD hauls the detritus to the dump. I hauled stuff to his shop and his paint shed - we cleared quite a lot out.

I was rather aghast at the amount of mouse poop that had accumulated around the cubbies at the bottom of the rack (those cubbies are headed to the dump.) Tho I probably shouldn’t have been. We’ve often found evidence of mouse habitation in the garage over the years. I guess it’s cozy in the winter.

On the Mom front - can’t recall what I’ve shared, but the latest is that she’ll be moved today to St. Joseph after spending the night at the KP site. The other option was a hospital near BWI which she nixed - not sure which one or why. So chances are, she’s in the ER at St. Joe’s waiting for a room. And she no longer has a cell phone, so I can’t call her till she gets settled. That’s all I know for now. No stress. Nope. None…

I love the Sadie with Orchid photo! Very artsy-fartsy!

Huh, last night I dreamed I walked into a bathroom with two toilets but no stalls/dividers … and one was occupied!

Yeah, but were people trying to talk to you while you were in there? In my dream, whoever was in there with me kept trying to talk to me, and we were inches apart. I told my husband about the dream, and he laughed.