Break on through to the other site- A MMP

When one Doors closes, another opens.
And up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Edit works at least

where are you that you’re off to work at 1am (CDT)?

Raleigh, N.C., Eastern Standard Time. But Brown works around the clock.
But welcome aboard the MMP!

have fun!
I’m tryin out the new board before i hit the hay!

and it’s daylight saving time…

mc

Ooh this is odd. It’s like waking up in the morning and the living room’s been totally rearranged and I’m sure that’s not the sofa I used to have. Is this my chair? I’m all confused…

Anyway, time for another day of doing not a whole lot. I slept terribly (again) which didn’t help, though I was woken up by a very cute young starling who was playing around on the skylight over the bed, which I didn’t mind. It’s amazing how much noise a tiny wee birdie can make walking round on glass.

Hope everyone else finds their way in OK, and does this board have a good kennel for the squidgoat? Did anyone think to check?

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 72 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 94 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The big plan of the day is to defilthyfy da cave. Always a fun time. Sup shall be the leftover smoked chikin from Sonny’s with sallit and cheesey garlic bread. Got some baby spinnich leaves that need to get used soon, thus the executive decision has been made that we shall have sallit.

So here we are. One thing, I’m seein’ ads. Do not like. One of the reasons I paid for the charter member thingy at the old place was to get rid of ads. Hopefully this is an issue that can get resolved. Other than that, we shall see how this goes.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

So far so good. Gonna take some getting used to, which isn’t easy once one is happily settled in geezerdom, but will manage. ooooo - lots of these: :rofl: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :innocent: :zipper_mouth_face: :japanese_goblin: :speak_no_evil: :lips: :mountain_biking_man: :hamster: ??? Is there a trick to getting the smilies to show?
Happy Moanday! No clue what the day holds, altho I would like to get the new attic fan installed, especially since it’s supposed to get stupid hot this week. And, of course, there’s some laundry. But first, there’s breakfast and caffeinating.

Onward!!

Made the transition in one piece!

Good morning! I think I’ve got stuff sort of figured out. Things are different, that’s for sure. I’m not one that likes change. But, I comply. Especially since there’s not a damned thing I can do about it. Bawahahaha!

I’m glad it’s a new week. Last week, one of the neighbor’s kids, a 23 month old, was found by her mother, in the pool. She had drowned. They air-lifted her to Indy, but, they couldn’t save her. Such a sad situation! Then, a friend passed of pancreatic cancer. She was only 32 years old. Another very sad situation. She left a husband, 2 year old twins, and an 11 year old daughter. I’m more than ready for a new week. Maybe things can start looking up around here. Dear Og.

Nothing much planned for the day. Just the usual hovelwork, maybe watering the hovelplants that are living out on the front porch, and probably a big load of laundry needs to be taken care of. It’s supposed to be sunny, and around 90*, so, I won’t be outside any longer than I have to be.

Have a happy Moanday, folks!

OK, I’m about to throw in the towel - how does one get emojis to show up? Is there a setting that I’ve missed?

Good morning from the Left Coast. I can hear a train in the distance. The sky is thinking about lightening. Today is mostly about cleaning and yard work, though I hope to read as well as figure out all the new board icons and notifications that are too hard to explore from a phone. We will be eating salad turnips and other vegetables so there will be room for the CSA to bring us more vegetables.

:statue_of_liberty: Look at the toolbar at the top of the post window. There’s a smiley face. Click that for emojis. It is slow to load. :vulcan_salute:

I do that, but they don’t appear for me. Maybe I need to clear my browser and restart?

Aha!! It appears the Theme needs to be Discourse Classic. Which is great, because it’s easier on the eyes than Sam’s theme. Whew!

Well, howdy. I thought I’d pop in and check out the new digs. It’s different, but I’ll get used to it.

{{{Taters}}} Welcome back!! Don’t be a stranger!

Now I hear Vox organ in my head.

Well, that’s weird. No, not the organ. The forum interface. I’ll get used to it, I guess.

Some of the letters in emoji categories in reply editor are not fully rendered, at least in the dark theme I’m using. I see a category for fooc and drink. Happy accidents, eh?

Aw, thanks. I pop in from time to time and generally just lurk. :smiley:

Well, shoot. I was going to edit my post, but apparently the edit window is only seconds long. Here’s the rest of what I was going to say. ": I am killing a little time before I go upstairs to log on to my work computer. I’ll WFH for about an hour and a half, head to the BSC, pick up some PPE for my office, and then head down to my office in Olympia. Then I’ll work from there for the rest of the day, catching up some GSA fleet, sitting in on Team meetings (sooooo many freakin’ meetings), and head home.

Good morning all. Figured out how to find and post on the MMP, so that much is good. Slept through some odd dreams (I was managing 2 cafes, trying to make sweet rolls, but it was very confused) and made it to 7:15am. Only getting to 83F today, but tunder-boomers are in the forecast for the afternoon.

nona, sorry to hear about your neighbors and friends. I hope this week is better.

taters!! Not sure I’ve ever seen you post here, but swampy’s famous N.O.T. potatoes has made it seem like you’ve always been here. Don’t be a stranger.

susan, the CSA? Why would the Confederate States of America be bringing you veggies?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

swampy, no ads that I can see (yet), hope that gets cleared up

Made a list last night of things needed to be bought soon, including a new vacuum, griddle, edger/trimmer, and a new gas can. Will go shopping today or tomorrow, also need to gather up the older but serviceable items for the thrift store.

But that sounds like work and the weeks is young. Take care all.