(Old) GET READY TO RUM-BEAR! - A Fat Bear Week MMP

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. Morning cleaning and afternoon handegg are on the agenda. Spot is in the sunroom, waiting for the vermin to awaken. It’s currently 55 degrees Ferret Height(12.778 Centipedes).

Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 17c/63f with a predicted high of 18c/64f and mostly cloudy. Weather app says “It’s fucking cloudy and still not a good day to blast out unsolicited fucking dick pics to random people.” There you are, you’ve been told :rofl:

Moooom glad to hear your mum’s on the mend, I hope you get to talk to her today.

Oopsie appendages continue to be crossed for your aunt.

Nut good luck with the last bit of the T-trauma, you’ll be heaving a big sigh of relief when it’s all over.

flyboy your roadtrip sounds like it was a lot of fun. Did you get the job application finished as well?

Our Saturday was very good, we got ourselves to Jack’s Café for lunch and then headed over the road to KK’s for the day’s festivities. All of the bands were very good, and I got to see one that I’d been waiting a very long time for. They had a brief hiatus a couple of years ago because both the singer and the guitarist were about to become first-time dads. They were scheduled to play the festival last year but cancelled because the guitarist’s wife was pregnant again and her baby was due around the date of the festival. This year, they’ve managed not to have any more pregnancies, and also brought along lots of new songs. Definitely the best band of the day for me.

It’s the final day today, first band’s on at 2pm so that means I’ve got 2hrs before we need to leave home. Time to drink more tea, have some food and get myself presentable for being about the public again. Oh, the trauma!

Also, fun fact…the car that was blocking my driveway access a couple of weeks ago is back again. This time, since my car was parked outside the house, he didn’t block the drive but is parked on the street (well, half on the pavement which is also frowned upon) outside ours. Last time, he didn’t come back until lunchtime to get the car. Let’s see how long it takes today. My guess is that he drove here last night to go to the Heritage Centre, got drunk, and got a cab home. Sensible decision, but perhaps he should consider leaving his car at home next time.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 58 Amurrkin out and mostly cloudy with a predicted high of 86 and mostly sunny. It’s also decidedly less hyooomid, which kinda sorta counts as Fall weather in these parts. The big item on today’s agenda is deheathenization in which I get to plop in a pew. Priest is on vacation, so the guy from the Diocesan office (who is a Priest) will be with us this mornin’. I like Joshua, so lookin’ forward to hear him preach. OYKW is rather disinclined to go if’n Priest is not there, but he is goin’ this mornin’ cause he also likes Joshua. We shall get stoner food and take it back to da cave to eat after we deheathenate. I will also attend my three o’ clock group. This means no nappage again today. I fear I may lose my RDOS cred!

BBBoo HUZZAH for your 'Huskers! Cat_Glove so sorry about your Spartans. Howzatt for diplomacy?

doggio at least NC State didn’t snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like last week.

FlyBoy sounds like a nice day trip. Fill out that application today. Do we need to lecture you?

Nuts enjoy plant fest!

BooFae glad you’re havin’ a good time at the music thing. Smart of the car owner to not drink and drive, but yeah, maybe he should just leave his car home in the first place. There’s a bar about four miles down the main road toward’s town. It’s a Sattidy and Sunday mornin’ fun thing for OYKW and me to drive by it and see how many cars are left in the parkin’ lot from the night before. We are easily entertained.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

We start our day with 55 very soggy Ferrets. The driveway rain gauge puddle is quite large and I listened to rain falling for the last hour or so I was in bed waiting till it was time to get up and take my meds. (Yes, I time morning and evening doses to be 12 hours apart because of the seizure meds.) The rain is supposed to continue into the evening.

FCD wasn’t feeling well last night, but if he’s better, we’ll go to the Mexican place in Charlotte Hall for breakfast. Till he awakens, I’m having some Bigelow’s Cinnamon Stick tea. It’s chilly enough that it’s a better choice than an icy diet coke. I’ll have that at breakfast, whether at home or elsewhere.

My only plan today is finishing the garage ahead of tomorrow’s delivery. Then maybe I’ll have some studio time. Definitely not an outdoor chore day. And I’m hoping to get a phone number from my sister so I can call our mom. So not a lot of excitement ahead, but some variety at least.

Happy Sunday!

Oopsie glad your aunt was released from hospital and that it wasn’t anything more serious than reaction to new medication; hopefully she was prescribed a replacement that she won’t have a bad reaction to. Also, if you can muster up the motivation, might be a good idea to work on the garage door opener remote and not put it off until you’re slammed with work and other things that come up when you really won’t want to do it.

definitely not me; I have no idea what is being referenced; little help?

rocky is there anyone who could build a platform that would fit into the microwave space that might extend out a little bit that a new microwave could be put on. That’s what Hubs did many years ago for us.

{{{FCM’s Mom, FCM & FCM’s sisters}}}

Metal Mouse sorry about pain in right foot; hope podiatrist can sort it out. I know foot pain can be intolerable; that’s what caused me to abandon my backpacking trip on the AT.

swampy, BBBoo, Hippie, doggio, Metal Mouse congrats to the Dawgs, Cornhuskers, Wolfpack and Golden Flashes, respectively.

The Harvest Moon, this month’s full moon, purportedly occurred at 12:49pm EDT yesterday. I didn’t see it in the afternoon but last night before I went to bed, I went outside and looked up and the moon could have replaced all the lighting at the airport, it was sooo bright. Went outside again this morning shortly after I got up and moon is now in opposite direction from last night but still giving off at least a million watts of light. The stars were pretty to see this morning as well; saw one of the dippers, not sure if it was the big or the little.

Nut that plant sale sounds like a bonanza; interested to hear how you made out. You’re in the home stretch on completing and turning in the T; just don’t let anyone (useless supervisor) click your skates. (this is a speedskating reference)

flyboy I also am wondering if you completed the job application; I hope so as it sounded like a much better position than you currently have.

swampy perhaps you should replace presidential SIL because you are far superior at diplomacy

Had a fun time at the Coffee Week event yesterday afternoon. Had a mocha latte first which was good but the chocolate was very subtle, then after a bit had a chai latte which was outstanding. Decorated a coffee cup; they had these markers that had paint in them, it was fun. I don’t have any art ability so I used green to paint Go Green and a big Spartan S on the cup, then red to put an outline of 3 small hearts surrounding the S. Daughter then noticed that there were also white paint markers so I added a Go White underneath the S. While waiting my turn for the henna design, I decided to paint something on the reverse side so used purple, yellow, orange and pink to draw some daisy type flowers with green stems into a blue vase. Then I noticed another lady’s cup had 2026 Coffee Week on it so I had to add that on. Lastly I decided to add my initials. I’m very happy with it. Then finally after an hour and a half of waiting, it was my turn for henna. The artist was very proficient; I love the design she painted on my left hand; although she said to be very careful of it for at least 5 hours. Not a problem as I drove home right after and arrived about 60 seconds before the football game started. I plunked down in the lazyboy and my hand went on the armrest where it stayed for the next 5-1/2 hours. After the game, I listened to the entire post game show on the radio.

Not going to normal 8am mass as there will be a special blessing for our St Vincent de Paul group at the 10am mass. Then I’ll have to hustle to drive up to daughter’s church as they’re having their pet blessing at noon and of course, I’ll be there for Bella. Then we’ll go to daughter’s house for lunch after which we’ll play some games and I’ll walk Bella.

Blessings to all. Enjoy your Sunday.

Danny Kaye - The Court Jester. Watch it - you must!

Rain continues and FCD is still abed. I almost forgot to let Otis out, but he’s been outside and he’s eaten. I even gave him some skritches. I’s hongree but I’ll wait till my sweetie wakes to see what the plan is.

As you wish.
The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle

The tried, but failed. They failed at failing.

That was a proof of concept chunk of ice. I need more freezer room to scale up production.

Basically, fill a small cooler with warm water and put it in your freezer for several hours. Your goal is to freeze the water slowly from above, which forces the air down. Remove the cooler after the top two inches have frozen and put it on the counter for thirty minutes to an hour to loosen the ice. One good slam should release the ice block.

You can cut the block into cubes by scoring it with a bread knife and bopping it with a rubber mallet.

Well, the plant fair wasn’t as good as previous years; I think everyone else saw the rain was due to hit at 11 as well, so apparently there was a queue at 10:30 for the opening, and by the time I got there just after 11, it look like a swarm of extremely posh locusts had been there, cos there wasn’t so much left. First year I arrived at about 1pm and there was still loads- they did say they hadn’t got so much from the gardens this year and they’d never had such a rush on opening. Still, I got a couple of wish-list plants plus a few others which look interesting, and didn’t spend so much. I do have a lot of plants waiting to be planted anyway.

Cos they’re just dug out of a very nice stately home garden, they often come with random freebies that are mixed into the roots- I got what I think is a nice free shuttlecock fern with one, but I’ll keep an eye out if anything else pops up.

The rain is now hammering it down as advertised. It started on the way home, but I called in at the bougie farm shop and the gooood strawberry place on the way back anyway. I think the strawberry place closes for the season in a few days, they normally shut around the start of October, so these are probably my last strawberries of the year- except the stash in the freezer.

Bit jealous of all of you getting rain. Had to water yesterday because it’s still up in the mid 20s (mid 70s) and dry.

This morning I went for my first appointment at the new gym and learned how to use a bunch of weight machines. Supposedly there’s an app, but it doesn’t want to play today. We then went for a walk and then I made chicken panang curry, and hubby made latte macchiatos. Debating on whether to eat cinnamon ice cream first or take a soak in the bathtub first. Decisions, decisions.

I’ll do it today.

Our fire department just issued a burn ban. Hopefully, it’ll rain this week.

Up to micturate at 6:30am, then went back to bed until 8:30am because I was tired out from yesterday’s exertions. Will head out in about an hour to pick up my Sunday NY Times and a couple other things, then drive over to the Golden Corral for one of Swampy’s hog trough feedings. Rest of the day will be an ‘it depends’ day on how I’m feeling after that. Another day with the outside weather performing climate control in the house, it’s 73F inside and hopefully will stay that way for a little while longer.

Flyboy, sounds like a happy road trip. And knowingly cheating on a diet is not a bad thing, it’s sneaking around a diet that causes the problems, IMHO. And it’s Flyboy 1, Moles 0.

Boo, conga-rats to the Huskers, and blue cheese-stuffed burgers do not sound appetizing to me, but if you love them, hope you can get them next time.

Nut, happy plant shopping. Hope you didn’t get too soaked. And I guess the early bargain hunters made out like bandits…lesson learned. At least it was not wasted as you got some of what you wanted and didn’t get soaked doing it.

boo fae, glad the band lived up to your expectations. And hope annoying car is gone soon.

Swampy, happy deheathinization.

FCM, no rain here, but next weekend is not looking to promising. Take care and more good wishes for your Mom.

Cat Glove, still can get around ok on the foot (refereed 3 youth soccer games yesterday) but it is a problem I’d like to get taken care of. And dummy me was so tired I didn’t even think of going out to be moonstruck. And sounds like you had a lot of fun at the coffee and henna thing; not a fan of either but can live vicariously through your description.

Dicey, enjoy the new gym.

And that’s all for now, will try to stay caught up here on the last day of this MMP. Have a good one all.

Happy Sunday!

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted and fixing to do KP. Not a whole lot planned for the day except taking out the trash. I think I’ll hit up Hartz Chicken for the main need to feed.

Y’all have a great day!

Does anyone else sometimes imagine traveling to areas where some fellow Mumpers live? Not like “I AM FLYING HUNDREDS OF MILES JUST TO VISIT YOU, PERSON I ONLY SORT OF KNOW FROM THE INTERNET,” but planning a trip to do something you’re already interested in and then seeing if any local Mumpers would be up for meeting for lunch or coffee or something? No? Just me? Never mind!

(No one panic: I can’t even get my s*** together enough to plan a 50-mile drive to meet FCM for lunch, so it’s highly unlikely that I’ll ever actually head any of your ways. :joy:)

Anyway…

It’s currently 11:14am and rainy, as it will be all day, and at 62°F it’s only 1 degree away from the expected high temp. Partly due to the perfect “curl up on the couch with a book” weather, I’m still feeling quite sloth-y and hermit-y…the sad thing is that what will get me to leave the house after this post is being out of cookies. :grin: Pepperidge Farm Chessmen have become part of my evening ritual and I finished the package last night, and if I don’t go get more I’ll be a little cranky with myself later; plus, I’ll be working from home tomorrow and will be even less inclined to go to the store after work, so I’d be cranky two nights in a row. Can’t have that! I briefly considered getting an Instacart delivery, but there are other things I should also get and I want to select some of them myself. Safeway is pretty close and I know it won’t take long to get there and back, but I’ll have to put on a bra – and, like, actual shoes (vs cozy slippers). Ah well. I’ll still be able to spend plenty of quality time on the couch this afternoon, and I know that Evening Misnomer will be glad I went. And when I get home I might just leave the car in the driveway and tackle programming the new garage door opener remote (depends on how hard it’s raining at the time).

A long weekend with unexpectedly no plans = nothing more interesting to write about than my internal struggle over whether to leave the house! :rofl:

Excellent!

My understanding is that it was more of a “need to adjust to it” reaction, not a “can’t tolerate it” reaction. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the thought, but the new garage door opener remote is purely optional: the remotes I already have work perfectly well, I just decided that I’d like something that clips to a visor vs sitting in a cup holder. So I could put it off for as long as I want…forever, even! :grin:

Pics?? :slight_smile:

Ha! :joy:

Ooooo that just inspired me: I have enough leftover pizza for one more meal, and I’d been thinking it would be today’s lunch, but I also have a chicken tikka masala rice bowl in the fridge and now I think I’ll do that instead. :smiley:

I got a text from my sister with Mom’s phone #, so I’ll be calling in a bit. I had to recharge my phone, tho - battery was down to 11% and the band turned red. So after plugging it in, I tended to the garage chore - I don’t think it took 30 minutes, and that included sweeping! I had to haul a few things out to the garden shed and the dog’s big bag o’kibbles is in the house for now. But I’m ready for the delivery, apart from moving the cars out of the way.

Breakfast, actually brunch, was good and waaaaaay filling. Now that we’re home, FCD is in his shop and I’m killing a bit of time waiting for my phone to charge. I’ve got the ice maker going, and we should get batches of clear ice since I cleaned the machine yesterday.

I’ve driven to the DC area to meet with Mumpers who happen to be in town (waves to BooFae and taters) and I’ve met a few for lunch in Bowie. I’ve even let a few in my house!!! (waves to MetalMouse) But so far, I’ve not made a trip to meet up. Next week, I guess I’ll be sorta driving past some of you enroute to Indiana and West Lafayette, but not close enough for a meeting. Plus FCD is weird about stuff like that. Were I alone, I might do a detour or two. But if you ever want to meet in Bowie…

I was thinking about doing some more organizing in my studio. Still thinking about it. I’ll continue to think about it. Now, whether I do anything about it remains to be seen.

For now, my recliner beckons.

Good morning. We’ve completed phase one of the GI party - picking up our shit. I asked Mrs Magill what she’d like for breakfast, and Squeaky immediately answered “Pancakes!” Easy enough. I said, “Okay.” His jaw fell to the floor. “Wait. What? Really? Yes!”

So now we will move to a modified phase 2 of the GI party. Calling a cleaning service.

I would advise against keeping your opener remote on your visor. It’s the first place car thieves would look. Grabbing that and your registration practically gives them the key to your home. I used to keep mine in the door well, but lately, we’ve been velcroing it to the underside of the dashboard.

The job application is completed. I just need to get some correction fluid to fix something. I’ll take it to irk and scan it into a .pdf file tomorrow.

Dinner out was pretty good. We went to a restaurant we haven’t been to before. Portions were large and prices were low, comparatively. Total for four was about $130, including two alcohol drinks. Compare that to a steak house total that you need a loan for.

Sadly, breakfast this morning was awful. Sunday is the only day that we go to the dining room for the biscuits and gravy. As soon as I saw the gravy, I knew it wasn’t going to be great. It was very thick, which means too much flour was used. And they MIGHT have waved a sausage over it, but there was certainly none in the gravy. I pushed it aside after two bites, as it was inedible, but the wife finished hers. I think I’m going to complain to the kitchen tomorrow.

Otherwise, it’s a lazy day for us. Cloudy outside and 61F at 1130. We’ll likely get some drizzle, as it’s that time of year.

Moving slow this morning as I didn’t sleep well and can’t seem to shake the cobwebs. Headed to 93F/34C yet again - summer just won’t leave, and it has far outstayed its welcome.

My niece and her wife made it over last night and brought sushi for dinner. The place was having an off night (too much rice on all the rolls, and one was made wrong) so it was okay but not great. They were in better spirits as the surgery went well and her dad was feeling much better. They were here past 9pm which is late for me, and it took forever to wind down and get ready for bed.

I’ll have to rally here shortly to head to my mom’s for our weekly meal. Two of her friends that are joining have a hankering for mimosas so will also need to rustle up supplies for that.

BBBoo That cook needs a talking-to! Blue cheese absolutely can be delicious on a burger, and when you’ve got a hankering for it there’s just no substitute.

Nuts Sounds like a good garden sale even if it was a bit diminished. And just one more week! You got this!

Metal Mouse Sorry to hear your foot is still giving you trouble.

Oopsie Yes I would also travel for a Mumper meet-up! I even dreamed once that I went to one. Also, those Chessmen cookies are delicious - I can’t keep them in the house.

Cookie Shame on the cook staff for messing up gravy again.