My mother had an “immature” uterus and had to have shots for several years before she had me. I have no idea what that means, nobody bothered to explain that sort of thing to women back then.
I was born a couple of years after the Korean war treaties were signed. Dad was born on 7/27 and died the same date. I still miss him.
While I was checking in at the surgeons office, they asked if I was having feelings of wanting to hurt myself or others. I said I’ve been wanting to bitch-slap a couple of my sisters for years. She gave me a look and then checked no.
The PA was super impressed with my progress and said she wished more of her patients did their homework. I still have to go back in two months which is disappointing. I don’t have to go back to PT, but I do need to work on my my upper body strength.
After that, we went to the decent Mexican place and got served BIG margaritas. We always have communication issues in mexican places, our spanglish is useless this side of the country.
We stopped at Aldi on the way home and the entire aisle of shame was empty except for the first rack by the cash registers. When I pointed it out to Hubs, he just rolled his eyes and tried to move me on. He doesn’t get the whole Aldi thing, but he’s cute
Speaking of which, we are being proactive over his heart issues. His family has always died of heart problems, his father died of congestive heart failure at 88 years of age. His mother died … (anti-vax, caught the flu and ended up in the hospital. Diagnostics showed heart failure and instead of allowing her to recover, they cut her chest open and she died on the operating table. I say she died because of the flu but Hubs disagrees. I think the flu took his father as well, but…) during heart bypass surgery when she was 84.
If he dies before he’s 80 I am never going to forgive him.
I loved the look on the PA’s face when I started doing my moves. Arms up over my head, arms out in front of me, arms reaching behind me, etcl.
She had an intern with her and kept pointing out how well I was moving and praising me for working so hard. Intern asked how I was able to motivate myself to move despite the pain and I said I smoke a whole lot of weed while drinking shine.
I love how folks out here are all into chemically altered states or religion. If god can’t save me, the devil will.
flyboy, I want to add my voice to the chorus. I hope you find you place and you have reason to give your current employers more than two weeks if you get the new job. Actually, you can just walk right out if you want, but its often good to not burn bridges.