Lunch break. We’ve added almost one full Ferret since I got up!!
I’ve been wedging clay - kinda like kneading bread, but messier. I’ve put 2 clumps (that’s a technical pottery term - really!!! ) into zip bags and the third clump is waaaay too wet, so it’s spread out on my wedging board to dry a bit. I’ve set a timer to go back and check it and, with luck, finish it. I also found some more dried out clay that’s rehydrating and will get wedged eventually.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my ancient, arthritic hands feel better afterwards. Must be the magical clay that covered my fingers. It couldn’t possibly be the repetitive motion forcing me to use my hands, right? I’m sure BBBoo will back me up!
There were a number of tools lying thither and yon that I gathered and cleaned. I should also go thru my toolbox and organize things before I bring Roxy and Tobias in to play. And, of course, there’s the glazes…
Actually, the whole studio needs to be organized and cleaned. It’s been years since I played in clay and the room had become a dumping ground for miscellany. I’ll try to get it straightened out today.
I have a few ideas that I want to try out - wall clocks and maybe a standing clock. I bought some battery-operated clock works - we’ll see how it goes. Yes, there will be pics. And maybe they’ll be done in time for holiday gift-giving…
shoe very good to hear you had a nice chat with your Mom
I voted. I really wanted to vote for Marshmallow but Marshmallow was up against 910 and I had to vote for 910.
Same with Hubs’ parents; they married Feb 10 or 11 (not sure which day) and Hubs was born on Jan 5 of the next year.
Happy Double Nickel to you Oopsie!
That’s like one of the girls in my tenth grade class. She got married over Easter week and didn’t come back to school. She had a baby in September.
Wednesday:
Slept in until shortly after 8am. Filtered 4 gallons of water. I use glass bottles to filter the water into (want to reduce the amount of microplastics that get into our bodies). I put faucet water into 2 Milo bottles along with some bleach. After the Milo bottles are disinfected, I’m going to put faucet water in and put them in the basement in case of a water main break so we have water to wash up with. I’ll probably do 3 or 4 gallons because you never know how long it will take to fix a water main break.
Filled 2 weeks of medications into Hubs’ pill boxes. Now we’re waiting for the gentleman who is going to install the phone with the voice to text display.
Purportedly it’s fixed and you can still vote for Day 1 of voting.
It could be that you’re loosening things up by big, whole hand motions, unlike the small very repetitive motions for crocheting. If the clay is moist and cool that can relieve discomfort. Moist and warm can relax stiff, tense muscles and joints. Lastly, which I always forget to think about myself, changes in your local barometric pressure can have a noticeable effect on pissy joints, which of course has nothing to do with clay. Also, if you are messing around with clay you by definition are not doing as much crocheting or weed pulling which may relieve hand and wrist arthritis. Take your pick but it isn’t your imagination. The challenge is figuring which one it is so you can keep doing it. Best of luck.
Good afternoon everyone. There is no doubt that fall is here now. Currently it is 70F and the trees are starting to turn colors. The squirrels are looking pretty plump and there is only a few hummingbirds left.
Yesterday the PA told me that I needed to remember to give my arm rest days because I’m still healing. I choose to think that stitching is restful but I’ll pay attention in other ways.
You will be happy to know that donating blood actually removes microplastics from your body.
Besides the no coffee part, fasting blood work makes me hungry. I don’t usually eat breakfast for a few hours after waking up, but when I can’t have it, I starve to death!
Same same, but the no coffee part is the worst. For instance its1:20pm and I just got myself breakfast (pizza for the win!) but my two mugs of coffee went in hours ago.
And a good afternoon to you all. Voted in the Bear poll and signed up to referee two soccer games Saturday (along with coaching 2 games, so know where I will be most of Saturday). At the gym now walking off some calories and no rush to get home so plenty of break time.
FCM, your right about the soda prices, of course, it just amazes me that they just don’t set the price lower instead of these discounts–guess it works economically or they wouldn’t be doing it, just a puzzlement.
Ok, back on the treadmill, 22 minutes at 3.4mph and 10 degrees slope.
I realized at my grandparents’ 50th anniversary that my mom had been born “early”, because we were discussing my mom’s upcoming 50th birthday.
Hubby made it to work. The ibuprofen is definitely doing its thing. Now to sign him up for physical therapy.
Today was our annual owner’s meeting - theoretically there should have been almost 60 people, but I think a lot of couples only sent one person to do the voting, so there were a lot of empty spots. Got done in 40 minutes, which may be a record. The meeting started at 5pm, which a couple people complained about. It’s rather early for people who have to work.
Since the meeting was done so quickly I managed to also get the ironing done. And by now, the iron should be cooled down so I can put it away. Ironing boards are annoying - too long to fit in the wardrobe, so it sits in the corner of the room next to the bookshelves. A wall-mounted one would be nice, but I don’t really have a place to put it.
Would love to be chatty, but prepping to go out of town is taking priority.
I don’t get this. I get regular fasting blood draws, and my docs – all of them – have said coffee is fine, so long as you don’t put anything in it like milk, cream or sugar. Straight black coffee doesn’t change the blood sugar reading in any way. I’m not a huge fan of straight black coffee, but I’ll sure take it over no coffee at all!
Welcome home, red!! I am hoping with everyone else that your ordeal is at an end at last!
That’s all I’ve got time for now. Hugs, luvs, noogies and all else as needed to everyone!
OMG - I had no idea my studio was in such a state! I pulled a plastic bin off a shelf and found it full of acorn bits and other detritus - MICE???
The clay is still way too wet to work, so I covered it loosely and I’ll have at it tomorrow. I’ve emptied some shelves, washed the stuff that lived there, and started thinking about how to reorganize everything. When my brain got frazzled, I washed my hands, turned out the lights, and shut the door. As soon as I decide what goes where, it’ll be easy. Not fast, since there’s a lot if stuff, but easy… easier.
I also talked to FCD about a tool I want him to make for me. Since I’m going to make some clocks, I need an accurate way to locate the numbers. So with me looking over his shoulder, he and I came up with a design that he can program in his mill. Now I need to sketch the clock ideas I have and figure out how to do them. One involves fish.
Speaking of fish, should we go out for sushi tonight?? Yes, we should.
So TPTB had me on 100 and 200 Slides. Then they had me move over to the 300 to help. When I slid over at 0600, both the 100 and 200 were empty and everything was CDO level organized. When I got back at 0945…Oh Lord. It was all jammed up, there were irregs stacked on other irregs. Also, it had rained. And despite the fact that the company has been around 116 years, and rain has existed for 4 billion, they can’t keep packages dry. So I had to damage out and send back a 110lbs e-bike is a soaked box among other things. I got out at 2p.m. Only three more days of this.
I did my Fat Bear voting.
I was once on a one hour conference cal to discuss having fewer conference calls.
[Morgan Freeman]It did not happen[/Morgan Freeman]
I get Canada Geese. They don’t migrate, they’re squatters. And they poop.
My doctor says coffee is a diuretic and can make the draws harder.
Our ironing board didn’t make the latest move but in the past we’ve gotten hooks and hung them on the wall in the laundry area. I do agree that they are a pain to store as well as use.
I’m glad your Hubby is feeling better. We always fret more when a loved one is sick than when we are.
Shareboarding is a new word for me. Does it mean she owns half a horse?
Traffic here has calmed down a lot since that stoopid vanity war started.
We are still under a flood watch…I think. Yes, its still a watch, not a warning. We are also getting nor’easter warnings but I think we are too far west to worry about it.
I fired them last year. If you go to their site and find something you want/need, open a different browser and find the company. The price of the product will be the same or less and you can often get free shipping as a new customer bonus. Doing it this way is more bother but you really do have more control when you are dealing with the company directly. Plus Bezos.
Happy Gotcha Day, you lucky ratties!
Bad bear, BAD BAD!!!
(that’s the dope’s idea of a rolled up newspaper, btw)
Murder has NEVER been ruled out!
So I just noticed that Jolene has a couple of sharp claws, so I clipped them. George, who appeared to be sleeping in his bed quietly stood up, stretched on his toes, they curled up with all of his feet under him. Jerkface, LOL!
It is a diuretic, but apparently the effects of that are so minimal as to be non-existent. I recently took a quiz (tried to find it to share but it’s gone, or more likely, beyond my abilities to locate) that said coffee consumption actually counts toward daily water consumption. As does tea and soup. Soft drinks don’t. I was very pleased to learn this!
A phlebotomist at the Red Cross also told me that drinking a bunch of water on the morning of a blood draw doesn’t help that much. Veins respond much better to regular water consumption for about 3-4 days ahead of the blood draw.
The Cleveland says even black coffee can affect the results.
… Can you drink black coffee when fasting for blood work?
You shouldn’t drink any coffee — even black coffee — while fasting for blood work. That’s because caffeine itself has the potential to skew results. Black coffee may also contain substances that can affect certain blood test results, especially those related to sugar metabolism.
In addition, coffee is a diuretic, meaning it increases urination. This can lead to dehydration, which might make it harder to draw blood and potentially concentrate certain substances in your bloodstream, affecting test accuracy.…
Phone with text display installed except that currently its not our phone number; for some odd reason our phone number can’t be ported over for 5 days. Oh well.
Called BF and asked if she would want to go to the Kick-off of Coffee Week which goes Sept 25 - Oct 2. Lots of free coffee samples; we’re going to go right at 5pm when it opens and I hope I can get to sleep Friday night without too much trouble. There will also be custom mug painting, caricature art, an aroma lab, a craft station and henna tattoos.
I had a weird dream that I thankfully woke up from. I was on one of those food competition shows. I was paired with someone who purportedly had a lot more experience than I but it was chaos. I kept thinking I should have prepared an excel spreadsheet listing all the ingredients and where located and all the steps to prepare whatever was the challenge.
Bright Tree best wishes for a wonderful visit with your parents!
except that it’s been reported that 910 enjoyed a hot grrl summer as a single sow who was dating 2 of the boars, 151-Walker and 164-Bucky this year; perhaps she’ll have a litter next spring.
Exactly. I don’t get why people would want to make that AH richer, particularly the horrible way his employees are treated.
Hubs said he’d make chicken tacos for dinner. I wish he’d get up from his nap and do so as I’m huuunngry.
JtC shareboarding means you pay a portion of the monthly board and ride a number of times per week as determined by you and the horse owner. Tania shareboards twice a week so she rides two times a week.
The little search blivet at the bottom of my page says it’s Tolkien Week. The computer tagged “blivet,” saying it’s spelled “blivit.” I thought I was ad-libbing, and now it says I’m mistooky. Gosh.