Has anyone here ever made donations to Doctors Without Borders? I got an appeal from them and am considering a gift as I have thought about it before. I just don’t want to get appeals from lots of other organizations.
Howdy Y’all! We procured and stowed provisions and then were RDOS sloths as is our wont. It was a warm, but relatively mild for these parts day, so we day drank out beside the cee-mint pond after nappage. I nuked an early sup and then we watched stoopid teevee for a while. OYKW is upon the bed watchin’ ol’ duck lips (*The Closer, I think) on the bedroom teevee. I shall see what up on teh intartoobz for a bit.
Nuts quail aigs for the ratties. Now that will be a bday treat! Now you have me thinkin’ about a quail supper, which I haven’t had in years. It’s a southern USofA country thang. Fried quail, rice 'n gravy, bizkits and always lemon icebox pie for dessert. I had a lot of 'em at my aunt’s and uncle’s farm.
Cookie glad the hitch went away.
MOOOOOOM glad you had some good sleep even it the dreams were weird. I never remember dreams. Sometimes I wake up and think, “well that was weird”, but then I don’t remember the dream. Good on you for insistin’ FCD take more responsibility with Otis.
Mollie glad y’all had a nice walk and that Squeaky got him some French toast.
Knotty glad the vampire got a vein on the first stab.
Taters don’t blame you for havin’ a big grrr! It is not your job to track down Amazon’s lazy driver’s poor customer service.
Cat_Glove so the blush on the bride’s cheek was most likely mornin’ sickness? I went to the Fat Bear site and was able to vote! Thanks for lettin’ me know it’s fixed.
JtC the PA speaks words of wisdom. Please heed them.
Dicey glad hubby was able to make it to work. I have a little space next to the kitchen pantry that works nice to store the ironin’ board and kitchen trash bags. The iron lives in the laundry room in a cabinet over the clothes dehydrator.
BrightTree happy packin’!
JtC and shoe maybe I was a big corporate manager in a former life. Maybe I was possessed by a corporate demon. We may never know.
CupCakes I think Doctors Without Borders is a worthy organization. Hopefully they don’t sell donors info to orther organizations. I assume that’s how one would get other appeals. Someone else is more (most) likely to have better info on such things than me.
Evening all. Sweatage is complete for the day, Chee-burgers have been prepared and consumed, and internettin’ will occupy most of the evening. It’s already below 70F so the weather is apparently finally cooling down some.
And time for scrollin’, scrollin’, scrolling on the Hump Day…
Taters, hope crappy neighbor at least tosses the box into your yard sometime. And yeah, irritating.
rocky, looking forward to the condo report.
FCM, may you just need a sign with 2’ letters and a big arrow pointing and saying “CHEWY BOX HERE”. Gives you at least a 50-50 chance… And glad the clay work helped out your hands. Happy clock-tool designing!
Cat Glove, just watched a bear eat a fish on the live cam. Better table manners than me… Enjoy Coffee Week, I have never drank coffee in my entire life, but for those who enjoy it, well, enjoy!
wet one, I wear jeans, even on hot days, but it’ll still be awhile before the sweatshirts come out of storage.
JtC,
Like my Mom used to say, “Divorce never; murder possibly…”
Bright Tree, safe travels.
Cupcakes, I’ve donated to them and outside of about one letter/month they are not too pestering. I donate once a year to about 8-10 organizations, so I get a lot of mail from them and from associated groups, nearly all of which ends up in the shredder, but which one sells my info to others is unknown.
And that’s all for now. May make it back for a late-night final but if I don’t, catch up with y’all on Thorsday.
Went to urgent care to see if the yeast inf is gone. Finished the last boric suppository friday.
She said everything looked fine and will let me know.
The urine sample though had abnormal bilirubin and protein.
Wondering, as Im kindof a hypochondriac.
The cat scan from 2.5 weeks ago said slight thickening of the gallbladder. Slight. But Ive had some twinges on my right side above and below the waist lately.
The urine sample from 2 weeks ago only showed white blood cells. Huh.
I hope everyone here is ok.
I’ve been MIA again, but for very good reasons. First, though, thank you all for the birthday wishes! They really did make my day. You’re the bestest.
My brother had the total knee replacement yesterday. It went well. I had to get up very so often to give him meds last night, but anyone who’s had a newborn knows that’s not a big deal. However, today was, well, tumultuous. My sister-in-law, who smashed her elbow to smithereens a month or so ago, has been having a lot of pain from it. She also had a UTI that she’d finished taking antibiotics for. This morning, she suddenly felt awful and got chills so bad, they looked like convulsions. She was in terrible pain. I was worried about sepsis and made an executive decision to call for an ambulance.
I didn’t want to leave my brother alone, but my SIL was in bad shape. Some kind neighbors helped out. I went with her to the hospital and spent the day in the ER with her. She has sepsis, from an infection in the elbow, the UTI, or both. My theory: the bacteria from the UTI wound up in the metal in her elbow. Anyway, they admitted her, and with time and heavy doses of antibiotics IV, she’s doing a bit better. I’m home with my brother now, who is, as expected, in more pain now that the anesthesia has worn off. .
I’m so tired, I can’t think straight, and I have to get up in a few hours to dose my bro, but I hope to be back tomorrow to check on how all of you are doing. Big hugs!
Not a bad irk day. It was quiet… too quiet. Anyway… You know we got a new core system on the 2nd. We can no longer scan signatures/receipts/etc. into transactions. Either the member is there and can sign, or else they sign a paper document that I save inna stack. Where I would normally scan a deposit slip, I can’t any longer. So I’ve been saving everything that I would have scanned into the old system. I’ve started scanning them. Generally, I can get three to a page. I’ve done the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 8th, and saved the scans to a folder. One tedious thing is that after taping receipts, etc., to a sheet of paper, I can’t scan them from the hopper. I have to copy each page, and then scan all of the pages into a folder, and then copy the scan file into my drive. At this point, I’m not sure how to proceed from there. I just need to get all of the things scanned and saved. Unless another solution is discovered, I think I will have to use Snipping Tool to capture individual receipts, and somehow load them into LaserFiche. Lotta monkey-motion. Anyway, I’ll eventually get everything scanned.
I totalled the checks in my drawer at the end of the day, and was more than $20K off. Then I remembered that a local dentist had brought in several ‘batches’ of checks. Royal PITA. Anyway, I totalled his deposits, and the checks balanced. For the cherry on top, they wanted deposit receipts from May, July, and August. Apparently, they’d neglected to give us a stamped envelope to send them the receipts in. Going forward, we’ll just keep them in the vault and they can get them the following month.
I need to fill out that job application this weekend, but I also have some B&W film from two years ago, and maybe half a dozen frames of colour film from last year (?) that needs to be exposed. And I want to try out my 6x6 TLR camera. I have an idea I’ll go out to Semiahmoo, and maybe Blaine Marina.
I’ve never had this, but I have a new bucket list item!
(… ItemS?)
What kind of gravy is customary?
Oh, my goodness! Sending healing thoughts.
My heart stopped 'till I kept reading.
Gorgeous moon, not quite full but she’s getting there. We were dead-ass slow tonight, so a swift close.
Before, I handled Part One of Unpleasant Adulty Task ™ that I’ve been putting off for far too long, so at least a step forward was taken on that matter.
As if karma nodded, when I got home from ^^ I had finally received a package of some stoopit-expensive soooooouuuuuuup I’d ordered after seeing ads that made me drool.
Can’t decide:
hoard for colder weather
bring tomorrow & share with S.M. and Alternate Manager
dive in tonight alone, just me ‘n’ spoon
There’s 3 jars: roasted cauliflower, butternut squash, and potato/leek.
Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 13c/56f with a predicted high of 18c/64f and cloudy. Weather app says “It’s fifty shades of fucking grey outside, but in the fucking depressing way.”
swampy a committee sounds like a great idea, but if there’s a sub-committee then there will have to be a tracker to keep tabs on what’s happening, and a meeting or two to discuss the tracker!
metal mouse yes, it was 7.30pm for his appointment. Our surgeries are starting to do more out-of-hours appointments for routine things. This was for an asthma check-up so it didn’t take long.
Taters that’s very frustrating for you, and I agree that having paid for delivery, you should expect the item to be delivered properly and for amazon to come back and get it from the wrong place to the right place.
{{{{{nellie, brother and SIL}}}}}
Yesterday was a frustrating day, spent far too much time in meetings and not enough time doing actual work. There’s another 2hr meeting this afternoon which also means I’ll be on the later train from campus with the shrieking schoolies. Not a prospect to be envied. I was late getting home yesterday due to travel trauma, and couldn’t be bothered cooking so we chanelled shoe and ordered pizza from our usual place. I think Papa (it’s Papa’s Pizzas) had been on the loopy juice because my pizza came with extra jalapenos and chilli flakes (neither of which should have been on it) so I picked all the jalapenos off and gave them to 'im indoors.
Today’s morning commute was uneventful, and I have a reasonably quiet office. Had some good news that the Overthinker (who is the office micromanager and chatterbox) has got a secondment elsewhere in our building so we’ll get some peace and quiet. It does make life more difficult as we will have a gap while they try to get cover for her job, but I’ll take the extra workload instead of her incessant annoyance.
Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 68 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 79 and cloudy all day. It’s a Fall day! We need to get some errandin’ done this mornin’, so we shall. Whilst out and about we shall let Jack’s provide today’s main need to feed. The rest of the day will be spent in high RDOS sloth. Sounds like a plan to me!
Coppertone as we age tests find things. I guess that’s good, but personally I wish they would run out of things to find.
MOOOOOOM OYKW won’t eat sushi, so I don’t get it unless we go to Asia hog trough Buffet. I don’t always get it, but when the gnawin’ and cravin’ is there I can.
{{{Nellie}}} and also {{{Bro and SIL}}} that is, indeed, tumultous! Glad SIL is doin’ better now and hope bro continues to heal and is up and about soonest. Do please remember to take care of yourself as well.
FlyBoy maybe work on the application and then reward yourself with camera play time.
shoe it’s gravy made with the drippin’s after the quail is fried. So quail gravy. I suppose one could also make a white gravy. I cast (casted?) my vote. Lookin’ at the results so far, we are a greedy bunch, we Mumpers are!
doggio 59 ferrets is definitely un-hot.
BooFae TPTB for the world should put us in charge! Yay for bein’ rid of Overthinker, even if’n it’s only for a while.
so a murphy ironing board. that is genious; all houses should have that along with built in nook for iron.
God bless you nellie! Sepsis is no joke. Your SIL is very lucky that your bro had the surgery so that you were there to make the rational executive decision for her to go to the hospital. As far as sleep goes, my recommendation is to do like one does with a baby ie sleep when the baby sleeps; housework or anything else can be deferred. Big hugs sent back to you
Flyboy that’s a lot that you want to accomplish this weekend. I would suggest that you establish priorities and perhaps filling out the application should be numero uno with nothing else to be worked on until this is done. JMO. YMMV.
Agreed 1000%. Please don’t ask me how I know. (I’m already sitting here starting to get verklempt)
boofae I would have done the exact same thing with the jalapenos but instead of giving them to 'im indoors, I would have given them to Hubs And I so agree with taking on temporarily a bit of an extra workload in place of constant chattering.
Need to go lickety-split upstairs to shower and shevel. Work, manager is off for a few days, so I’ll need to cover some of his duties then I need to take the laptop in to the IT department as it needs some maintenance and the IT staff was unable to remote in the other day to do so. Perhaps I’ll also go to the Fitness Center since it’s within a couple blocks of where the IT department lives.
Have as good of a Thorsday as possible. And to all.
Very similar to our forecast for today, but you need to add a coastal flood warning. And we might maybe perhaps see a few rays of sun, possibly.
Would these be teens and pre-teens as opposed to university students?
The place we patronize has both sushi and hibachi, so unless it squicks him out to watch you eat sushi, it would work for you. So if you’re ever in Southern Merrylande…
I’ll pass, thanks. For all that it’s a pain to get it out and put it away, I’ll stick with my regular ironing board. I have a rack on the landing from the basement installed behind the door. Not perfect, but it’s out of the way and mostly easy to access.
{{{nellie & family}}}
I shouldn’t have had the tea at supper last night. It wasn’t green tea as on the menu, but rather something dark and caffeinated, so I was awake till after 2. Dammit. Then awake at 6. Dammit. So I have a day ahead of me.
I watched a show about Disco last night - for all that I lived thru that time, there was a lot I didn’t realize. They interviewed The Village People and afterwards I decided to look them up. Like The Monkees, they were a “manufactured” group. Turns out there were a LOT of Village People over the years. I guess since they wore the same/similar costumes, most people didn’t know. And not all of them were gay, tho that was/is widely believed.
One thing I got a kick out of - they also interviewed one of the men who created the group and wrote some of their hits. He said that of course the songs (YMCA, In the Navy) were full of double entendres, while the guys being interviewed said no there weren’t. Sorry guys, but no way those lyrics can be misinterpreted… Anyway, the show also included a lot of other disco performers and it was interesting hearing what they all had to say about that era.
We won’t be going to Trawlerfest today. I’m guessing FCD wasn’t able to find someone to keep Otis, or he forgot. His memory has been the stuff of crap these days. I avoid pointing it out because it really bothers him, but he’ll forget things from one day to the next. I have to watch how I remind him of things we’d planned. He’s terrified of ending up like his dad, insisting he’ll do something to keep me from having to deal with it. I’m thinking maybe his antidepressant isn’t working any longer.
And so the day begins. I’m not sure exactly what’s on the agenda, but I expect there will be some studio-organizing time. And since it’s going to be chilly again, I’m thinking spud soup for supper.
For now, tho, I’ll finish caffeinating and read on for a while. Happy Thursday!!
Baker, I don’t recall ever sending anything to Doctors Without Borders, but they send me appeals all the time. They often throw in note pads and pens. Some of the pens are multi-tools that come apart to serve also as flashlight, Phillips screwdriver, and straight screwdriver.
The weather app says it’s 55F outdoors, and partly cloudy. If their guess is correct, we’ll have a high of 72F.
I keep nodding off. I need more coffee. Fare thee well for now.
Yeah, the normal thing is to keep the checks in your drawer and total them at the end of the day, and then scan them into a digital check capture and processing platform. Since the dentist’s office gives us scores of checks all in one go, they’re dealt with differently. Rather than putting all of the checks into a transaction, we process them as one check, using the amount stated on the deposit slip. They’ll have half a dozen packets of checks (and cash, including coins; but those aren’t relevant here), so we only do half a dozen transactions instead of 60 or 80 or 90. Then the checks are scanned as individual batches as soon as we can, so that if there are any errors, we can catch them and know which batch they’re in. Since they were in the scanned checks cubby and not in my drawer, I was concerned when my checks balance was off. I must have spend 30 seconds looking for missing check. Then I checked the check transaction journal and saw six ‘missing’ checks. That’s when I remembered the dentist’s checks. In the end my drawer balanced, and none of the batches of checks I scanned (the dentist’s, mine, and my cow-orkers’) failed (except for one, where the amount needed to be entered manually because the writer of the check was sloppy).
Another chorizo/egg/cheese burrito for breakfast. I have enough chorizo and eggs filling for two more.
Yesterday turned out to be fairly busy for me. Made breakfast, went to exercise, did laundry, made dinner. When I took the laundry down, the fire people were testing the system and managed to lock out the elevators, so I had to walk up the three flights to the apartment. One of those days when I’m really glad we don’t live on the 10 floor.
whoa, nelliebly, that is a day and a half! i hope everyone heals up quickly and easily.
purplehorseshoe, i hope the soups are yummy nummy.
things have cooled down in philly. i was able to wear my duster this morning. very exciting. we are looking at a possible nor’east’r for the weekend. still not sure if it will hug the coast or not.
Morning all. Yesterday was the start of Fall for me, as I was able to turn off the AC and sleep all night with the windows open. I expect I’ll have to turn the AC back on sometime today (but maybe not, only getting to 76F according to the Weather Wizards) but at least for a while, my electric bill will be calmer on the blood pressure. Coaching soccer this afternoon and might even wear sweatpants depending on the weather at the time.
Coppertone, not a doctor but trust me, you’ll know when the gallbadder is acting up. Glad at least the yeast infection is cleared up.
nellie , glad brother’s operation went well, but SIL may be thankful you were there or it could have been extremely serious. Take care of yourself, too, best wishes for all.
Flyboy, sounds as if they’ve made the system less efficient, requiring more steps and human action. You may want to prioritize that job application, though… And surprised the Dentist still gets that many checks, with everything digital these days I’d figure they wouldn’t have that many.
Shoe, I’ve tried my best to avoid adulting, but sometimes ya gotta…
boofae, thanks for the info, glad the check-up went well. As for the pizza, sounds like someone else probably got your pizza and was complaining where the jalapenos were…
Cat Glove, sounds like a busy day.
FCM, never was much for disco music (albeit I still have YMCA bouncing around in my head). I try to remember things, but also write a weekly list of things I need to do and add to it as needed. And yeah, if he’s taking antidepressants and saying that, up the dose (IMHO).
Cookie, quite a view and Sadie looks very regal.
And sounds like the Recycle folks have finally shown up (a week late) so need to put the bin back in the garage and then rummage through the Kroger digital coupons. Have a good Thorsday all.