Another quick touch-base –
Gorgeous weather here just now and for the foreseeable future (while I’m gone, natch). Currently 73Ferrets with overnight forecast for 55F with a bit of rain overnight.
Thanks to all for the kind good travelin’ wishes. I’m not leaving till early Tuesday, but there’s so much to do around here before I can be gone.
I have a built-in ironing board with a cubby for the iron, and I love it. The outlet is inside the cubby, too, so it’s always handy.
Re fasting blood draws, I expect we should all follow our doctors’ instructions. But I’m sure glad mine lets me drink black coffee!
I tried to vote in the Fat Bear Week contest, but I couldn’t get it to take. Maybe next year! The bears are fantastic to watch, in any case!
Glad things are getting a little bit back to normal for you, red!
Scoot over. And happy to hear you’re finally getting some civilized temperatures.
nellie, I hope you get a break just-for-you, soon. You’re wonderful to look after your brother and his wife. They’re sure having a time, but so are you! You might well have saved SIL’s life. Sepsis, as you point out, is nothing to mess with. My dad nearly died of it a few years ago. I hope you get some good sleep.
Good luck with the new job application, fly boy!
shoe, kudos for doing the unpleasant adulting. Enjoy the soup! And keep it for yourself. 
I hope work and commuting get less annoying, BooFae. At least you are free of the excessive nattering for awhile.
swampy, your quail dinner sounds delightful! I haven’t had quail in many years. No way to have them unless one hunts them around here. I’m not a hunter. My ex was, though.
Hugs back to you, Cat Glove! Hope this busy stretch passes quickly!
FCM, ah, disco, those were the salad days… such fun to dance to! My boyfriend at the time was a dancing fool, and he was good. We tore up the dance floors around town as often as we could. A lot. I hope your worries for FCD are unfounded, and that you can help him see he might want to consider an update to his antidepressant treatment.
cookie, Sadie is such a beauty! I like doggio’s caption, too. Perfect!
metal mouse, yayy for cooler weather for you, too! Happy rummaging!
taters, well done on practicing your RDOS. Yes! You’re getting the hang of it! 
Oopsie, damn, I’m sorry your aunt is ill and that you will probably have to skip Ringo Starr. Enjoy relaxing as much as you can, at least. And kudos for working in elections. It’s so important! Yayy for getting your preferred assignment!
Enjoy the games, doggio!
hippie, that’s gorgeous! I love the pics you post of your labors of love!
Today I scurried around to get Ollie a butt squeeze, pick up last-minute provisions, drop something at the post office and yada yada. I promised some apples to a friend, so we’re meeting Saturday morning for breakfast so I can give them to her. Naturally my guitar is ready to be picked up, but I arranged with the luthier to keep it until I get back. He’s paid, so he doesn’t mind. There’s still packing to do and gifts to prepare for the folks and and and…
I’m ready to come home and I haven’t even left!
Will check in as I can.