Up from naptime. Watching hockey and football. Dinner tonight is smoked chipolte chicken with cheesy **N.O.T.**s and lime cilantro corn. And a Jungle Bird.
Mothman?
Awesome!
Up from naptime. Watching hockey and football. Dinner tonight is smoked chipolte chicken with cheesy **N.O.T.**s and lime cilantro corn. And a Jungle Bird.
Mothman?
Awesome!
Ah! Funny story time! Gather 'round.
Chatting about home-cooked meals. One of the teens was describing something his mom would make sometimes, that involved seasoning and baking … sliced … cucumbers.
{ blink }
One after another, we were like, “Cooked cucumbers? Like, COOKED cooked? Are you ferrealz my friend?” until I couldn’t stand it anymore, and blurted out, "Do you mean ZUCCHINI?!" and oh, that young man was so relieved to be understood. Pointed right at me, and went, “Yeah. That.”
Cue endless debate about the difference between zucchini and cucumber (“they look the SAME!”
) while I’m over at the fryer giggling to myself because back when I was a newbie and was sent to Gordon’s for zucchini, I came back with … yup … cucumbers.
Have an appointment tomorrow with dr to discuss the bilirubin and protein that recently popped up in my sample.
The receptionist wanted to know if urgent care gave me antibiotics. For what, there were no leukocytes.
Hope its nothing. Maybe the fact I had 6 rounds of antibiotics from April to Sept.
Beautiful work and I love the color selection!
That sounds like a really good ramble. I seem to remember a meat and three like that when we opened the plant (Equity Meat then, Tyson now) there.
I grew up with pan fries cukes.
Noice! ![]()
Today I received a Minolta Pocket Autopak 450E. One of these (my first camera, if you exclude a Brownie Hawkeye from my grandmother, which I used once when I was in elementary school) was my constant companion in high school. I still have it somewhere, but it’s not working. I have another one too, but I’m not sure where it is. So this is my third one. I didn’t open it until after we got home from dinner. I’d told The Missus what was in the box before we left. When I showed it to her when we got home, she was like, ‘Oh! One of those!’ She said she’d carried a 110 camera to the Gulf War with her because it was small, but it wasn’t as ‘fancy’ as mine.
Need details, plz.
Late night final time. And I forgot again to post mid-day so 25 messages to catch up with. Gym was sweated and soccer practiced with the littles (FCM, I do not know how you manage, a hour with five to seven 6 year olds tests my patience severely). Have eaten and finished my Firday shopping list and confirmed my appointment tomorrow to pick up my hearing aid that has been out for warranty repair. Watching the tackleball game on Amazon and signed up to referee two games on Saturday after coaching two so that should make for a full day.
Now try to see what everyone has to say and get to bed before 11pm…could be close…
Taters, some people…I’ve been pretty lucky with neighbors, the ones next door have lived there nearly as long as I have and we get along fine, the others change rather frequently (houses are leased out) but never had a problem like you do.
Flyboy, as I’ve noted before, you are much nicer to spiders than I am, I am of the “Hulk Smash” school of arachnophobia. And that’s a nice-looking camera, I’ve been using my phone for most of mine lately.
Nut, pronunciation differs so much, especially for words adopted by English from other tongues…took me 40 years to learn how to say paradigm correctly.
FCM, there are budget plans, but on months that my electric is high due to the AC, my gas bill is tiny, while in the cooler months, with gas heat, the roles are reversed so it evens out over the seasons. And I wonder if Kroger has a senior discount…need to do some checking… And I bet Roxy and Toby would be happy to break up the ceramics for you…
Oopsie, so sorry to hear about Aunt, hope she is doing better. Enjoy the vote officering, trust you will have no unexpected company there. Enjoy the upcoming leave.
Shoe, hope you get out on time. And how are your rats and reptiles doing, seems to me we haven’t heard about them in a while. And thanks for the story, I will eat the occasional cucumber slice with my salad but not zucchini.
Coppertone, Hoping it’s nothing too.
red, hope the new tablet isn’t oo hard to set up.
hippie, wonderful work as always.
Bright Tree, glad Ollie got his butt squeezed and safe travels to you.
Swampy, sounds like a real good feed.
And it’s nearing 10:30pm and I want to be up early for my Great October Provisioning run tomorrow. Take care all and I’ll see you when I get home and have my pecan sticky bun in front of me and the screen.
Yeah, phones have taken over casual photography. (‘Does “phone” mean something different in the future?’) In retrospect, I wish I’d had a Pentax K1000. Or for something closer to the Minolta, an Olympus 35RC or a Canon Canonet GL17 QIII. But I didn’t. (I do now, though, and I bought a Canon AE-1 Program in 1981.
) So admitting the low-res images from a 110 pocket camera, the Minolta was great.
There was a daddy longlegs crawling on me yesterday (or was it the day before?). I kept trying to keep it in my hand, but it was rambunctious. I finally did get it to the front door, but I don’t know if it went in or out. If it came back in, then it likely wound up as a kitty snack.
Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave. It’s currently 55 degrees Ferret Height(12.778 Centipedes)
Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 63 Amurrkin out and mostly cloudy with a predicted high of 80 and sunny, NICE! Since I have to be over to the church house tomorrow for some trainin’ (Safe Church, Safe Communities) I shall take care of candle and other duties then. I see no need to make a trip over today. Thus we shall be RDOS sloth bears at da cave. Sup will be chikin 'n rice, peas ‘n carrots, and rolls. Borin’ but it’ll feed.
Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the sloth! Rah.
Happy Firday Y’all!
Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 14c/58f with a predicted high of 16c/60f and cloudy. Weather app says “The fucking clouds are all nuts to butts up in the fucking sky.”
Yes, the university kids are all huggers which is nice to see, and although they can be loud, they at least manage to speak to each other instead of squealing. There is a posh school at the bottom end of campus and that disgorges hordes of little shriekers in the afternoon. Mostly I’d been able to avoid them by sloping off for an earlier train but yesterday’s meeting meant I couldn’t do that.
Mooom we have a paper calendar on the kitchen noticeboard where I write all the stuff we’re doing. We have a shared google calendar where I list all the stuff we’re doing. I print out all our gig tickets and put them on the noticeboard in date order so it’s obvious what we’re attending next…and still 'im indoors will ask me if we’re doing anything this weekend.
flyboy you have quite an ambitious to-do list for the weekend, I would definitely get that job application done first and then see what time you’ve got left for the fun stuff.
metal mouse apparently there was a conversation about the pizza order. Papa is usually confused because my order is a vegetarian pizza with extra spicy beef. He can’t get his head around the fact that no other pizza has everything I like on it, and that combination comes closest. 'im indoors always asks for extra jalapenos, this time I got some too.
That wouldn’t surprise me at all either. She messaged me yesterday about something that’s been in one of the inboxes tagged with her name, it’s been there well over a week and she’s starting to panic. The message asked if I could look at a really complicated timetable problem…that’s just the kind of thing I like! Sadly, it was a five minute job to fix it, nowhere near as complicated as I’d hoped.
hippie I can’t see your photos on here (can’t see Cookie’s lovely pics of Sadie either) but I saw it on FB. Another beautiful piece of work, and really lovely colours too.
Oopsie I hope your aunt recovers well, but sorry you’ll miss seeing Mr Starr ![]()
Yesterday was another frustrating day, I was really busy and trying to get lots of things done but there were many interruptions. People kept messaging me for things which is fine, but one person kept sending bits of stuff she wanted me to deal with and it would have been much easier to collate that into an email or spreadsheet as I would have to start the job but wouldn’t be able to complete it. Then I had another dept meeting yesterday afternoon which ran longer then it should have.
We also found an interesting new flaw with the new systems we’ve got this year. In the march towards automation, TPTB had decided that programme transfers should be included in the student self-service portal. That means they can apply to change programmes without ever speaking to anyone, or having any advice, and also means we don’t get notified of any potential changes.
We only found this out because I picked up an email from a student who contacted us asking about his timetable for our History programme as he’d recently transferred, but all he could see were the modules from the Politics/Philosophy/Law programme he’d originally applied for. I let the academic staff bitch and moan about it, added him to compulsory stuff, asked other depts to remove him from old modules, and sent him an email asking him to pick some semester 2 options. He replied saying he’d changed his mind and wants to go back to the PPL programme. Now I’m joining in with the bitching and moaning! The upshot is that several senior academics are directing their collective ire towards whoever thought this was a good idea, and whoever decided that the process required a Power BI group to notifiy people of incoming transfers, but never bothered setting it up. I am sure there’s much more to come on that shitstorm.
How interesting that the 4 corners are all different! I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a quilt that wasn’t perfectly symmetrical. Love the colors!
Same here. I think if I really try, I might be able to find the key to the front door. Maybe.
That’s actually part of my plan. I have one really big pot that I made eons ago in a class and I love it. So I’m thinking I’ll make a few more. In fact, I may use the mosiac idea on a planter.
No, no, no, he’s never called Toby. His other grandmother doesn’t want the association with the character on Roots. His proper nickname is Toblerone…
OK, I’m the only one who calls him that, but still.
I kept waking (despite sleeping with Mel) because I was cold. Today’s starting with 52 Ferrets and I lay there thinking it may be time to haul out the 'lectric blankie. It’s not like we have to turn it on if it’s not needed. FCD likes to sleep cool but I need to be warm and I don’t like long, warm jammies. Who knew sleeping could be such an ordeal??
Plans for today, you ask? If it’s Firday, it must be laundry day. And while I’m down there, I can attempt further studio organizing between loads. So I have that to look forward to.
Then, who knows? RDOS means I don’t have to plan if I don’t want to, right? So Happy Firday!!
Thank you all for your kind words
Morning all. Up early (6:45am) and have a busy morning with the Great October Shopping trip, followed by reclaiming my hearing aid around 11:30am. I have a couple ‘special’ coupons, one saves me $5 on an $80 cart, which is nice, but after I use it I can save $21 on a $165 purchase with a second coupon, but only after using the first one, so I have been calculating and working things out if I can make 2 trips to Kroger today and just meet the qualifications with stuff I will need/use. Think I can do it, we’ll see if it works out. Some gym work and soccer coaching will occupy the bulk of the remaining sunlight and evening will be short as I have a lot of soccer to coach and ref on Saturday.
Happy slothage, swampy
boo fae, had to look up “nuts to butts” as it is a phrase I can not remember using, but will now keep in mind. I keep a weekly agenda on a note pad I write out every Sunday and tape appointments to the bottom of my computer monitor, so far it’s pretty much worked for me. And working with students would be so much easier if you weren’t working with students… ![]()
FCM, I’ll try to remember that (no promises). You ever buy him a Toblerome? We have it down to 62F as I type this and it is sooooo much nicer than just a week ago. It’ll be about another month or so before I retire the lightweight comforter and haul out the heavyweight one for sleepage.
Yeah, I can see that being a little confusing…but if it works for you, go for it!
And time to dress appropriately and see if I can avoid the school buses and morning traffic jams and do shopping run #1 (and get my pecan sticky bun for breaking fast). Have a good Firday all.
Afternoon.
The [assumes dramatic pose] Final supervisor meeting[/dramatic pose] was a bit of a non-event. Only two of the horde showed up- the one who’s about as much use as a chocolate teapot and the one who I did want to check some stuff about how to finalise things, seeing as I’m officially registered with her department, and she’d sent me a template first page with a section saying ‘placeholder text’ with no explanation…
Anyway, I am taking a lunch break. It should just be a final assembly then a check through before it gets sent into the void next Friday, though Word freaks out at documents that size, so it will probably have a fair bit of faff getting it all formatted correctly.
Hugs, commiserations and fingers crossed for all the sickies- right now my brain has no space for anyone not a plant or fungus, so…
ETA: I checked, I have approximately 200 tabs open on my irk laptop browser at the moment.
Last night, The Spousal Unit says we should do something this weekend. Maybe I can take the 35 mm cameras with me and finish the rolls.
So you have to spend $240 on 2 separate shopping orders to save $26? I’d be hard put to do that - I don’t typically make such large purchases at one time. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I spent $80 or more on one trip to one store. I might spend that much between Aldi and Food Lion on one trip. Maybe.
YOIKS!!! Are you certain none are duplicated? Does your laptop run ssssllllllooooooowwwwwwww?
FCD has headed to the marina to pick up some stuff. I need to shower, gather all dirties, and head to the laundry room. Off I go!!
the big condo meeting went well. it was rather tame. the big button items of electrical costs and roof top deck were not pushed.
the roof top deck is a pet project of one board member. decades ago there was access to the roofs of the towers (we have 3. a,b,and c.) and people would go out there. it was not rated for live load, and you were just on asphalt. it was not planned for people to be out on it. the access was closed due to furniture items being tossed off the roof.
to make it a proper roof top deck, the roof structure needs to be beefed up to handle live load, and ada compliance, then decking and other architectural items added in. the price of this is going to be quite high.
there are so many other things that would be accessible 24-7-365/6 that could be done instead of one item that would have limited accessibility. this issue is one very hot button.
lh75, that is gorgeous! well done!
Good morning.
It’s 50F and quite damp outside. The forecast calls for rain for much of the day, but it’s supposed to clear up by the afternoon. The forecast calls for a 60F daytime high. I started raining last night before I went to bed. I’m not complaining. That means I don’t need to water anything.
Ooopsie, I’m so sorry about your aunt. I hope the news is better today.
Hippie, lovely work on the quilt!
Filbert, fingers crossed that all goes smoothly with the final submission.
BooFae, that system sounds like a total PITA. I can see room for so many more errors.
Metal Mouse, yeah, those neighbors are pretty crappy. We get along fine with everyone else, but honestly, this neighborhood is pretty PNW cold. We don’t socialize together. We wave or have a quick hello if we happen to be outside at the same time. We’ve helped the neighbor on the other side of me a couple of times, but that’s about the extent of friendliness.
I listened (and still do) mostly to rock and blues back in the late '70s, but I had fun dancing to disco.
Well, my son and Zeus had a horrible day yesterday. My son went to a dentist appointment and came home to a smoke-filled house and a very frightened Zeus. The stove in my son’s kitchen has the knobs on the front. Apparently, there were dog treats next to or on the stove, and Zeus tried to reach them. In doing so, he turned the stove on, and a fire started. Thankfully, there is no damage, although I’m sure the house smells (or smelled) horrible. B took Zeus to the vet, and he checked out fine, but he has a follow-up on Monday, and B has instructions to take Zeus to the vet immediately if anything goes amiss this weekend. B was concerned about smoke inhalation because symptoms don’t always present right away. Poor Zeus was just a mess.
I sent my son a link to knob covers and locks for his stove. Hopefully he has already ordered them. It’s scary to think about how much worse this could have been.
I don’t really feel like going anywhere or doing anything, so I think I’ll just hang out here and take care of a few little projects around the house today.
Please take care of yourselves.
Bright Tree you were so lucky to have a boyfriend who not only liked to dance but was good at it. What fun! Hubs just basically jumped up and down when dancing.
As expected, yesterday was an extended day at work. I’ve shared that I normally average about 2-1/4 hrs on the days I work. Yesterday was 6 hrs although close to half hour of driving to drop off the bank deposits and to the IT department, then at least an hour at the IT department. The young tech working on the laptop wasn’t the most experienced and it took her twice as long as the normal tech who has come to our division’s location to work on the desktop computers. Made a quick stop at the City Clerk’s office and found out that they had only just received the absentee ballots from the printer yesterday so we should be expecting to receive them early next week.
Oopsie hoping your aunt’s condition is minor and that she’s back home soon.
![]()
please let us know
Yikes; not too ![]()
We’ve lived here 46 years and I don’t know if the original owner ever gave us a key to the front door.
Metal Mouse We do too; however ours are $4 off a transaction of $70 between 9/21-10/4. The second coupon is for $18 off a transaction of $145 between 10/5-10/18. Please check your coupons if there are any use between dates.
Haven’t finished reading everything but I’m hoping Metal Mouse will read the above before Krogering today.