(Old) GET READY TO RUM-BEAR! - A Fat Bear Week MMP

rocking chair I’m on my condo board and our meetings lately have been about mulch, and why Ralph’s kitchen sink keeps backing up. The property manager is convinced someone in the building is flushing wipes…

Rode my OWN horse yesterday. Riding your own horse is like sleeping in your own bed. It just feels right.

This morning is allergy shots. I might go to the gym after, but then again I might not.

Good morning! Not much happening in the Magill household right now. Next week is homecoming for Squeaky’s high school. Mrs Magill’s parents and sister are coming, so we’re gonna have to have a GI Party this weekend. Next weekend is also the barbecue fundraiser for church, so dinner Saturday is sorted. I might do a moussaka for Sunday, since we’ll actually have enough people to eat it.

Tomorrow will mark one full week on Estradiol. About the only changes I’ve noticed is my face is a lot less oily and I think I’m going to need to wear softer shirts. Things are getting a lot more sensitive up top.

I keep thinking about doing a coming out thread, but I’m a bit nervous about the couple of people who know me IRL, since I’m only out to a very few people IRL.

Have a good day, everyone!

Just slice fresh cukes about 1/4" thick lengthwise, flour the, then plop them in a skillet with some oil, turn when brown on one side and finish op the other. Tasty summer side dish.

It came at 0630 this morning. I have the basics set up, but still need to transfer Kindle and set up apps.

My parents used to joke that dual control electric blankets saved their marriage.

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted and fixing to do KP. In addition to setting up the Kindle and apps on the new tablet, I need to make a post office run and then go to Staples. I may even change printer ink, once the second Jungle order comes in.

Y’all have a great day!

Do you need to dry them, or does the flour absorb enough moisture to avoid spattering?

I wish I had to. You are correct, the second (better deal) coupon is for 5-18 October, so not good for today. So I’m well-stocked, didn’t buy anything I won’t eventually use or consume, but a bit irritated with myself for not reading the coupon closely. On the positive side, I’ve got 2,700 Kroger points this month so filling the gas tank in October will be a pleasure.

So everything is in the house and stored, 250 calories of Ice cream eaten to improve my mood, and off to the Audiologist to get my hearing aid.

Nut, glad the end is in sight (or words to that effect) for your paper.

FCM, I do the bulk of my shopping for the next month at the last Friday of the current month, so things build up-plus there is one of me and multiples of Fairy Chats, so you need to do things more often.

Taters, glad it wasn’t more tragic for Zeus and son. Suspect the treats will be put elsewhere.

Wet one, yay for you and Ariel reuniting.

And better get moving to the appointment. See y’all later.

Well, I’m officially not going to upstate NY today/this weekend: as of 9am my aunt still hadn’t seen a doc or gotten the echocardiogram results, let alone heard anything about a possible release plan, so my uncle and I agreed to call it. I’d kind of already decided as much last night, after realizing that even if she were released today she’d likely be exhausted and might need 1-2 days to recover. I made my uncle promise to keep me posted, and we’ll reschedule sometime. He’s my dad’s youngest brother and only 12 years older than me, so has been more like a big brother over the years. I’m a little bummed about missing Ringo Starr, but I’m far more concerned about my aunt. And I’ll confess that the part of me with hermit tendencies isn’t terribly sad about simply staying home for the next few days, especially since it’s supposed to be quite rainy and chilly in upstate NY tomorrow and Sunday (more so than it will be here).

After officially cancelling my trip I gathered/took out the trash and then hauled the biiiiiig can the whole ten feet from the garage to the curb, and it’s already been been brought back to the garage (the house is silent, so I heard the truck come down the street a little while ago). And I did laundry last night so I could wash three new sweatshirts and take them to NY, so now I’m already caught up on my weekend chores! Which is nice, because I got waaaaay behind in my TV-watching this week and have a ton of shows to catch up on: new episodes of Lanterns, Ted Lasso, and Stuart Fails to Save The Universe; the start of the new seasons of Slow Horses and MobLand; the premieres of Youth, Line of Fire, and Brothers; and all of the new show Neagly. I also still have to watch the second seasons of The Pitt and Paradise!

I wound up working for three hours yesterday, but it was worth it because the 4pm meeting was an interview and the guy was great; I started the offer process before I logged off. With luck, by this time next month I’ll finally have no openings on my team. :crossed_fingers: Happily I’m able to take all of today off – and I didn’t need to use any leave for yesterday or today, because I worked enough hours between last week and this Mon-Wed.

I’ll start catching up on all of that TV tonight: right now I’m just looking forward to lunch and Lego. :slight_smile: I have 5 bags left to go on the tree house, and might finish it today. And I just ordered a pizza, so I’ll have leftovers all weekend.

Next week will bring the delivery of three pre-ordered Lego sets that release on 10/01: Wallace & Gromit, and two holiday sets. Two more sets that I want but couldn’t pre-order also release on 10/01, and two more release on 10/04. I figure that on the 4th I’ll go to the Lego store in the mall, and see if I can get all four at once (whatever I can’t get, I’ll order online). It will be an expensive Sunday, but a fun October. :grin:

That sounds kind of awesome!

Add me to the chorus of those who love the colors (as usual)!

As well it should be. I tend to think of it as its own food group.

That was also my reaction upon clicking the link. Heh.

OMG! How terrifying! That could have been so much worse…but I’ll keep my fingers crossed that Zeus has no hidden smoke inhalation effects.

I vote for doing that thread: I think it could be both a positive step for Mollie, and affirming! Could you maybe give a heads-up to those couple of people and ask them to keep mum IRL for the time being? Would you trust them to do so?

wow! that is scary.

when i bought my flat, i had the gas stove taken out. koritza is very good at turning things on (also off) and i was concerned about cat flambe. thankfully all i can come home to is the tv on, the heat/ac on, lights on, stereo on, and on one occasion the bathroom sink running.

on to bear voting.

Your/Daughter’s employer is great about that. She’s had to take SIL for med tests a few times and she tries to make all her kids’ school events, so the flexible hours, plus having PTO, which she never had before, has been a real boon. And apparently as a Project Analyst, WFH is doable much of the time. She’s been there 2 years and she’s loving it. And if all goes well, they can finally make her PA-II when the next contract is announced next month. So yay for that!

Last load in the washer, first folded and stowed. I’ve been doing glazes this morning. I remember a mixing tool that I bought for cooking but didn’t like. However, it works well for glazes, so yay! I’ve done 6 or 7 big jars. Lots more to go, but still, progress!

I pulled some pulled poke (heh) out of the freezer for tonight’s supper. And after I finish lunch, it’s back to glaze-mixing.

Went to (new) dr. Everythings fine. Urine test all negatives. I worry too much.

Happy Friday all. On the way to 93F/34C today, and the next several days will be hot as well. At least it’s finally under 100!

I channeled Taters last night and had delicious tonkotsu ramen for dinner. I ordered an extra ramen egg and had that for breakfast this morning over rice. Very tasty all around.

I’m hoping to see my niece this afternoon (she’s technically my ex husband’s niece, but she’s the closest thing I’ll ever have to a daughter. We brought her to the US for college and paid her way, and she lived with us for 5 or 6 years). She and her wife are in town (well, an hour away) because the wife’s father is having emergency surgery. So depending on how that goes we’ll try to meet up for a late lunch/early dinner, and that’ll take most of the afternoon.

Hippie I always love the colors and patterns you choose for your quilts!

Bright Tree and Nellie good luck with your travels. And Nellie thank goodness you made the SIL go to the hospital. Hopefully you’re able to give us some good news the next time you can check in.

Oopsie That stinks that your trip got cancelled, but yay for hermit weekend!

Boo fae What a PITA that new system sounds like… As if putting up with troublesome minion isn’t enough to deal with already!

Taters How scary about your son/Zeus! I hope Zeus gets a clean bill of health and that the stove can get locked down.

This sounds like someone once accidentally bought a cucumber instead of zucchini and just had to roll with it.

FCM That studio is going to be keeping you busy for quite some time!

Coppertone Congrats on a clean bill of health!

Mrs Magill sounded like she needed a therapy stromboli.

No, no. Picking up a stromboli was a totally selfless act. Why do you ask?[1]


  1. Now I have happy tummy. ↩︎

I’m so glad to hear that! Since I was off of a computer late May 2025-early June 2026, I had been wondering about your daughter and if the DOGE actions caused her firm to lay people off, and a lot of times its FIFO. I didn’t want to ask in case the answer was not good.

Need to brush teeth and put on shoes so we can go to Kroger.

Yeah - it was more of a mess than I expected. But I can see progress, even if no one else can.

I’ve quit for the day, I think. I’ve reconstituted a dozen large jars of underglaze to the point that I can let the grands use them on their projects, or some of mine that are unglazed. I’ve got at least twice that many in the little jars and my mixing tool won’t fit in those jars, so I’ll have to use a mini-whisk. With luck, they’ll go pretty fast.

For now, tho, I’ve earned some recliner time. The laundry is done, folded, and stowed (except for FCD’s - he’ll do that… eventually…) So I’ll do some sudoku and maybe some puzzle games on my tablet.

Chillage, ho!!

So I got sent over to the 300 at 0600. Which was slow for once. However, there was nobody on the 100 or 200 Slides, so I got sent over there along with MSG to clean it up, as the driver were getting ready to leave. Nothing like putting out fires for your bosses, when they themselves started them. Clean up wasn’t too bad(something about me taping up boxes during the sort, instead of merely shoveling them under the slides), I was out at 1145. I stopped and bought 2 fifth of Tanqueray for Spot on the way home. I had som soup and garlic bread for lunch, not it’s naptime.

Send it back with: ‘relevant information’ .

You live with my cow orkers?

Good RDOS plan.
And glad things weren’t worse for Zeus and son.

Gastro intestinal party? that would be the shit.
{{{{Mollie}}}}

Based on previous experience, I’d say you worry about the right amount.

Right now, I’m not certain of anything. I suspect about 10% are actually duplicates, but it’s reached critical levels and I find myself unable to care, unless the laptop slows down, which it doesn’t appear to be doing.

It turned out to be the old form; the new form had it all spelled out what went where. Also.. while I am a big fan of sarcastic replies, maybe the cover page of my phd thesis ain’t the ideal place. The acknowledgements page, on the other hand…

Though I have decided against copying my personal favourite acknowledgements statement I once came across; ‘Thanks to everyone at [place], except one.’

*fist bumps Mollie*

Add a “You know what you did.” to it.

Just pat them dry.

Not really. We grew our own of both. We tended to let the zukes get to the size of a baseball bat, then slice them into 1" rounds, flour them, dip them into egg wash, then roll them in cracker meal for deep frying. They tended to be the main course for summer suppers about once a week.

CO2 cartridge is exchanged, a ream of white cardstock purchased and cards mailed. I got the new tablet set up this morning and even Nelson has had his afternoon walk. Go me!

Apparently my brain cells are taking the day off, first the mess with the coupons and then I forgot to pack my T-shirt with my gym stuff. Fortunately I had my swim trunks in the bag so 1200 yards of backstroke did enough. Heading home soon to get ready for soccer but think I will sit in the whirlpool a little while longer.

I got those items you mentioned. When charities say they will send stuff I’d just as soon they don’t and save money for their cause. Not t shirts, no blankets, no plush animals. But I do want people, and kids especially, get the health care they need. You never know when someone who had a hard start to life will grow up to do something amazing, even world changing. But first they have to grow up.