(Old) Happy Earthday in the MMP!

Since Hubs finished all his milk yesterday (he’s lactose intolerant; I don’t care for the lactose free milk), I couldn’t fix cereal for him so made breakfast taco with bacon, egg, red pepper, onion, avocado and cheddar cheese. Fed fish. Internetted. Printed documents for transactions on 4/19-4/21. To do for afternoon: go to Kroger to buy milk, wash dishes, give Hubs infusion, fertilize lawn, workout on NuStep, am going to try to make Rice Pilaf for dinner with leftover chicken.

My Ursala Kitteh is not a normal cat. She has no interest in boxes or bags. Doesn’t like to lap sit. She leaves if I sit next to her on the sofa. But today, I walk into the bathroom and see her 4 paws on the terlit, drinking from the bowl. I was shocked. Terlit lids are down now.

First to point out post and username. Score!

I’m on my 5th cat in my time on this watery rock, and this is the first one who’ll even occasionally lay on my lap. (He seems to like using my kneecap as a pillow.)
Cats iz weird.

Not uncommon. The water tastes “different” I guess.
Cats iz weird.

Alternately, look up how to train your cat to use a terlit, like, the way we use it. Some cats take to the concept, and then … no more litter box!

Although, I suppose if Ursula has associated “terlit” with “drinking water” the concept may be too abhorrent.

I’ve re-arranged the 3 big pots I’m setting up as my container garden for the year, as my original placement sorta blocked the path from door to trash bin spot & would’ve made taking out the trash inconvenient.
Then my next arrangement meant that the middle-height pot was directly in front of the shallow bowl when viewed from my kitchen window, and we just can’t have that!!

Now that I’m satisfied, it’s time to dump out the potting soil & get those flowers growing. I have some elderly onions that sprouted in my pantry, so imma go ahead & tuck those in, too - IIRC they send up a pretty, round purple flowerhead before going to seed.

Except … now I have a case of the complete lazies.

Just finished playing in dirt. I put down the landscape cloth and started screening dirt from one bed to the other to get weeds and roots out. Then I’ll put cloth in the other bed and put some dirt back. Then I’ll get a load of topsoil.

After all this, I better get 'maters, dammit!

My first big laugh of the day. Thanks!

I know what the problem is – arthritis. The cartilage that’s supposed to serve as padding between the femur and the tibia has been pretty much gone since pre-Covid days. Usually it’s not a problem, but once a year or so it flares up like this.

Gave me a dose of oxycodone and a script for two more days’ worth. Doesn’t seem to have done much – guess I’ll find out when I try to go to bed tonight. :smiley:

:+1:

Have you ever had a cortisone shot? Hubs had the same sort of thing last year and the cortisone shot took care of it; not immediately, it took some time but he hasn’t had any pain in the knee since.

Just got back from my walk. As I was walking down the beach, on the left side of the road instead of the berm, I saw a fork. So I took it. (And washed it, and put it in the utensil drawer.)

I forgot that I’d ordered a new DVD of Hardware Wars, because I’d bought it in advance. It’s scheduled to be here tomorrow.

Yeah, that may work. I had shots in my knees, but one of them was bone-on-bone. No amount of cortisone is going to help with that.

I sure do hope it’s nothing serious.

Dammit, indeed.

Out this way, many government jobs are now WFH. My BFF got sent home when the world ended and only goes into the office once a month.

Cats don’t often learn to flush, and coming home to a toilet bowl full of cat poop isn’t great. Sometimes they do learn to flush and sometimes that has not great results as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXDD3JN4FGQ

I got my boob squished again this morning and as expected, it was a false alarm, no follow up needed. While I was out, I stopped at the grocery store and tried to pay with my medical card because I had taken the wrong card out of my wallet. Such a PITA, it will never EVER happen again.

I picked up some bird seed, but I also think I’m going to pull down one of the feeding stations tonight. I know they will be fine if I just stop feeding, but I still want to wean them a little bit before all of the food and water goes away.

I also stopped at a different post office to send Mom’s patterns out. Hopefully this one will get them to her in a reasonable amount of time.

It was 86F when I left town at 1230 and 91F when I got home. Yesterday it was a hundred in Phx. We aren’t going to be out of here before summer, summer is already here :frowning:

Quick visit at eye dr. My prescription changed slightly. New glasses coming in 2 weeks. CareSource doesn’t cover polymer coating so that will be 20, if I can ever get that.
I won’t be paying my May rent, though I got hired easily last week ( and I fill out my paperwork on real paper instead of online thank God.) I won’t get pay til mid May. The hours are 10-4 but I asked her if she could make it 10-3 and she said sure.
I get to wear a t shirt and any pants I want; sweats, yoga.
Going to reschedule my colonoscopy as I can’t find a ride yet ( dial a ride won’t cut it) and they want me to buy Miralax and thats above my budget.
I can feel the warmness in the air, Saturday its to get warm-70!
I am hoping eye dr lets me get my cataract removed soon, its annoying.

Fair winds and following seas Miss Catherine.

Sorry about your daughter’s job prospect Moooooom. Like the gubmint in JtC’s neck of the woods, a lot of our state jobs are mostly remote. She’s likely already on top of this, but LinkedIn can be a good resource.

One down, three to go. It was only 41 ferrets when I left for irk this morning and it’s supposed to be in the mid forties tomorrow morning. Hmph! Springtime in the mid south.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

I was looking for something to do with broccoli and found this. Very yum!

Omg.
I love broccoli!

Here’s my favourite broccoli recipe: HOUSE CORVUS - Recipes: Savory Toasted Cheese

Howdy Y’all! As foretold this mornin’ 'tis been a day of high sloth at da cave. The soup, cornbread, and the peach cobbler I decided to make at the last minute were way nummy.

Herald glad you know what the problem is. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Sticky_Buns a volcano urn sounds awesome. I will not have an urn. My cremains will be in a plastic bag with a twist tie and will be plopped down in a plastic container with a lid that fits into the columbarium. OK, the container, with the lid on top of it fits into the slot in the columbarium. Then a brass plate engraved with my name, date of birth, and date of exit will be screwed in over all that. Sounds so lovely does it not!

WetOne Ursala Kitteh has now tasted forbidden terlit water. No other water will ever taste the same to her.

FlyBoy congarats (I guess?) on the new fork.

JtC if’n it makes ya feel any better, I am prone to try payin’ for stuff with my DL.

MOOOOOOM and Herald both of those recipes sound nummy.

Me: < opens eyes from naptime >
Spot: < appears on bed > “You’re up? Feed me.
But the SEG is fed, and I have my Earth Day Old Fashioned, and hockey is on.

And how.

:rofl:

Sorry about FCDaughter’s job, FCM. But the broccoli looks good.

Would rooster comb injections be a possibility for you? They’re actually injections of hyaluronic acid, which is produced in labs but at one point came from roosters. (And I wonder who the person was who thought, “Hey, I bet rooster combs would be chock full of this hiya-yer-whatever. Let’s find out!”) They helped my sister for a few years.

If it makes you feel better, I’ve had a non-zero (and I don’t mean just one) customer yank their drivers license out when I ask for their pizza payment.

My standard answer now is, "Aw, hun, I ain’t the po-po, I don’t need I.D. I assume you’re old enough … " while waving their card back at them.

'Bout fifty-fifty, between the customers who glance, look sheepish, we both laugh, they pull out their actual credit card … and the ones who give ME the W.T.F. look, and I have to explain that a drivers license is not payment, and do they have $X.xx available … pleeeeaze? And then I have to stand there while they get all huffy and yank through umpteen zillion cards - bonus points if the actual payment card is declined.