(Old) It's snacktime in the MMP!

I missed the post. :frowning:

We came home from WV to a dying cat. It was fast, but it wasn’t easy. For any of us.

Antibiotic seems to be working. A possible side effect- hair loss. Just what I need.
Went outside and enjoyed the weather today.
I didn’t file my taxes as I only made about 300 last year.

God, I hate that. We’ve lost three in the last decade; two unexpectedly.

:crying_cat_face:

I’m semi-OK with the expected deaths, it’s the unexpected ones that rip my heart out.

I knew there was something wrong with her back in August. Hubs didn’t see it, she was acting totally normal but I could hear something. She went to the vet in Sept. and the vet and tech couldn’t hear anything and an exam, and bloodwork didn’t show anything. I knew there was something wrong, but she seemed OK.

She got louder and finally hubs was able to hear her. I took her back to the vet, who could hear her then and an exam, chest x-ray and bloodwork didn’t show anything. We scheduled a dental that included an x-ray of her sinus cavities along with a good look-over and an extraction. She was still breathing heavily, but seemed to be recovering and the vet said she thought the loud breathing would go away as the swelling went down.

We went to WV. She was struggling to breathe when we got home and she could lay down. It was awful.

I’m really upset that we weren’t able to figure out what was going on before we left, she would have missed so much fear and suffering.

Mrs. L.A. adopted Harvey in Tennessee. Harvey was a ‘stray’, but he’d been de-clawed and appeared to be well taken care of. Mrs. L.A. slept on it, and then adopted him the next day. He was a wonderful cat. He had seizures, but was OK as long as we kept up his meds. One day he suffered respiratory distress. I took him to the vet the next day, thinking she’d give him a shot and he’d be fine. I got a call in the afternoon that he’d died. He was eight years old. We think Creamsickle ate a poisoned mouse. She was six. Tonka was eight when we adopted him. He lived to be 17 years old.

Goo’s official birthday is 06/22/2013. Abbey’s official birthday is 06/03/2020. We love them every day.

Uhhhh whaddaya mean it’s been 4 months since I posted anything here. I dunno what you’re talkin’ about.

Anyway, howdy! Good to be back. A lot, a LOT has happened while I was gone. Heeeerrrre we go!

First off, college. This semester was…hell. So so so freaking stressful. I almost failed a class. The worst part was, it was a hell of my own design. I had absolutely zero drive at the beginning of the semester, so I just…didn’t do anything at all?? Yeahhh, great idea Haru. Had an F for the longest time, but thankfully my professor is a freaking saint and let me make up all the work I missed (albeit deducted to 75%). I’m seriously lucky I didn’t fail that class. I’m eternally grateful for her. As for my other classes other than the one I ALMOST FAILED, they were pretty good. English is a personal favourite of mine, so I’m glad I got to take it. The semester is wrapping up just now (I’m passing everything yay), so I’m excited to have everything done with very soon. I’m taking 2 classes in the summer, but thankfully they’re asynchronous (meaning I only have to do the work as it’s given to me and there are no set class meeting times).

Alriiiight, other ventures. My mom very recently ripped up the carpet in our living room, revealing a pretty nice hardwood floor. It’s mostly unfinished, and my mom isn’t TOO fond of the look of it now (as there are stains and, like I said, most of it is unfinished), but we covered most of the bad parts with a rug. As of now, we’re just waiting to get it evaluated to see if it can be sanded and refinished or if we’ll have to get a new carpet instead. I do hope it can be refinished though, as I really like the look of it; it fits the aesthetics of the rest of the room quite well I think.

Another thing I’ve been working on with some other folks for the past month or two is a modification for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 called Sonic 2: Proto-Mix. Basically, a lot of stuff got left on the cutting room floor for Sonic 2, leaving the released game feeling very unfinished. So the people I’m working with and I have made it our goal to revitalise unused concepts and Zones, making Sonic 2 a much more complete package, and fulfilling the game’s original vision. We still have a lot of work to do, but we’re chipping away at it and have made really good progress already. Here’s a mock manual I made for all the Zones we plan to include, if you’re interested.
Sonic 2 Proto-Mix Stylised Zone Guide.pdf (662.2 KB)

I think that’s about it! Glad to be back here again. I didn’t have any motivation to post here for quite a while, but I see no reason not to be here; you folks are fun.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave.

Pros: tractor jousting!
Cons: dishwasher

{{{{GG}}}}

Welcome back GodBod! And glad you pulled it off on that one class

Big shout out to “John” whoever you are, for sticking us with not one, not two, but THREE sub sandwiches.

He also “bought” my dinner tonight - the ham sub. Nobody wanted either of his pizza subs.

Please keep giving us these, and the horribly profane weather reports. I luv them!

Does that mean you’re Team Dandelions?

Isn’t that all an “urn” is?

I’m sorry; I feel like an ass being a trigger for you.

As in, Florida? Like, a special trip out of state to Satan’s wang armpit, just for grits?

That would literally never be an option for me …

… except I just remembered driving to Chicago for cheese (Polish smoked sheep, oscypek) so I guess I sorta understand.

That’s why you look so good!

:wink:

Guessing you never had a three-month kitchen remodel from hell, huh?

Is there a fiddler on his roof?

I remember your posts when the name was first being floated.

Been there - sometimes your (my) brain is our own worst enemy.

I love that you threw in the bonus “u.”

We’ve been through this before, but to reiterate: I am 1000% Team Hardwood.

Fuck carpeting.

Okay, I have made an executive decision. I’ve been staring at this stoopit damn ham sandwich, and I don’t WANT it! { stomps feet } I want the chicken pot pie I was looking forward to all evening!

So, oven is on, pot pie is baking. This stoopit ham sandwich can just get turned into a breakfast sammich tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have a thing to look forward to doing!
Sometimes, my days off, I wake up and it’s like, “Well. Guess I could wash dishes? Yay.”

But. I have not one, not two, but THREE large plastic plant pots, and imma go buy a bunch of potting soil tomorrow.

But FIRST!!! I get the fun of going through my Shoebox O’Seeds, and picking out what I wanna grow.

… and if I don’t have “Teddy Bear” sunflower seeds, imma look for those when I get the soil. So I hafta (oh, darn!) go through my seeds first, before I go to the gardening section.

(Because if I buy any more chive seeds, I’ll be the go-to for chives in case of zombie apocalypse.)

ETA I have half a packet of Teddy Bear!

https://images.app.goo.gl/FyAdHLZ1CopbYEP18

Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 6c/42f with a predicted high of 9c/48f, and rain showers. Weather app says “It’s fucking moist outside, like soggy fucking biscuits. Picnic, anyone?” No rain on campus at the moment, there’s some grey clouds about and some blue sky so it’s not looking too bad.

shoe the recycling collection is every fortnight so it’ll be a long wait for the next update :slight_smile: Makes me laugh though, the neighbours are not the brightest bunch.

JtC I looked at all the pics of that house, I have to admit that I’d probably demolish it and start again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: but I don’t have to live in it…

GodBod welcome back, glad you survived the semester and you spelt “favourite” properly :slight_smile:

flyboy good to hear that you survived the dentist. It’s never a fun experience, is it?

Sticky Buns good for you getting MusicMan to go into the property for you, I’m sure his description meant it was a memory you definitely didn’t want to have. Good luck with the cache of electricals!

I am on campus today so I was up stupidly early for my commute over here. The bus to the railway station was slow but the “nice” train to Big City was running late so I still managed to get on that one. It was also slow going because it was late enough to get stuck behind the local all-stations chuffer. Still got to Big City Station in time for the train to campus which was better than usual because they’ve rolled out brand new carriages this week. Definitely an improvement on the scabby old ones we’ve had for years.

Busy day ahead too, I have a team meeting this morning and then a colleague from another dept is coming to spend a couple of hours with me as part of our shadowing project. I’m not sure what I can tell her, she’s probably been here longer than I have!

AMC is Adaptive Movement Center
It’s a place where kids with special needs come twice a week to participate in different fun activities. For the younger ones, it’s mostly just play. The older ones in the later session do crafts and projects.

Last night is was holding a little one and I nearly got my elbow licked! Perhaps he was channeling his inner poodle or maybe he’s just friends with Annie and I didn’t know it!

Sounds hamtastic!

Top half or bottom half?

Big day today…. PT and then rounding up everything in my classroom- or rather seeing if there’s anything left that they didn’t round up for me.

Ok, more later, poodle obscuring access to keyboard.

Too long ago to edit…

ETA: The poodle and I are now experiencing mutual forgiveness where she forgives me for the sudden, early bath and I forgive her for smearing liquid poo across my clean clothes.

:grimacing:

It means you’re buying the wrong dogs - I got 8 of each. My question is why there’s always more bread than dog - even if you buy the longer weenies. Whatevs - the rest of both are in the freezer and I shan’t contemplate it for a while.

Holy crap - one would think the realtor would have them de-clutter a tad, or at least empty the garbage can before taking photos!! Yeah, I know, you’re looking to buy the house, not all their stuff, but dang!! It was difficult to look past everything to see the place, at least it was for me. Nice hunk o’ land - looks like a pretty area. I had to zoom way out on Google Maps to tell exactly where it is. Fingers crossed for you!

Looks like we’re going to have a dreary, potentially soggy day today. I may or may not get outside for part of it. Food Lion has our coke products BOGO, so I’ll be running there a few times this week o stock up. Not sure what else the day holds - it’s still early.

FCD has a Dr appt - his MRSA is acting up again, poor baby. Then he’s going to Lowe’s to get the lumber for my raised bed. I need to do a little math to figure the actual dimensions to make the angled corner, tho a square bed would be easier - maybe I’ll just go that route.

We shall see what we shall see. Happy Wednesday!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 62 Amurrkin out and mostly cloudy with a predicted high of 83 and partly N.O.S. We shall procure provisions this mornin’. Then the usual sloth, general overall uselessness, nappage, and day drinkin’ are the rest of the agenda. Sup shall be grilled poke chops, wild rice, baked zuchinni and summer squish, and rolls.

GodBod good to here from ya! Glad you got through the semester. Don’t beat yourself up too bad over almost flunkin’ a course. Be happy you passed and remember the lesson learned. Hope the hardwood floor can be restored as hardwood floors are nice.

Sticky_Buns glad forgiveness can be obtained by both you and Annie. I assume she shows forgiveness in arm licks.

JtC hope the potential house becomes a reality. I agree with MOOOOOOM in that the realtor should have insisted on a big time declutter before takin’ pics, but whatever, I guess.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas and bother, I suppose I must purtify and don attire acceptable for bein’ amongst the great unwashed. Life is so hard!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!

Been there, my friend. Only I didn’t recover, and the university cordially invited me to not return the following semester. I’m truly glad you avoided that fate.

JtC, Mrs W has become a hardcore minimalist in her old age. Looking at those pictures would probably give her a stroke.

Sticky Buns, big yikes on liquid poodle poo. Glad you and Annie are back on speaking terms.

It was a decent first day in the job. Mostly planning and evaluating. The shelving isn’t the kind we like, and it’s kind of a PITA to assemble. But we’ll git ‘er done.

I did buy a ticket for the Indianapolis Indians (AAA baseball) game Saturday night. My partner isn’t interested, but that’s OK. Good to have something fun to look forward to over the weekend.

Morning all. Awaiting the morning thunderstorms, they are due in about 2–3 hours, so will try to do anything outside either before or after that. Otherwise not much on the agenda, no soccer coaching so will try to get to the gym and see if they’ve warmed up the water in the pool any.

I am also going to try and get my June/July vacation done…going to make it an AMTRAK one I think, from N. Orleans to Washington, Washington to Chicago and Chicago to New Orleans, with a couple days in the cities. Think I will drive to the Big Easy and store my car, that lets me go to Mobile and see the USS Alabama to add to my old warships collection. Now just to see if I can do it for what I budgeted it for…

Godbod, good to see you about these parts again. Had a roommate in college for his freshman year, did a lot of partying and not much studying, so he was gone the following year. Glad you were different. And good luck with the Sonic project; is the game company liable to cause you any hassles?

Sticky Buns, thanks for the explanation and good on ya for doing what you do. Hopefully both you are Poodle and on speaking terms again.

JtC, best wishes for the house bid, looks like a nice area. And some cuddles for GG; once you get the move done, is another cat in the plans?

verwirrrt, glad the weather was a false alarm. We’ll see what my morning thunderstorms are like.

Coppertone, Glad the antibiotics are working, hope the hair lasts.

shoe, never understand why people do that (order and no-show). I guess in a sick way they think they’re being funny, but I consider it juvenile and grounds for banning that phone number (old geezer mode). And happy pot day (well, everyday is, but this is an extra bonus…).

Boo fae, others like your bin stories, I’m always fascinated with the commuting you do.

Wheelie, enjoy the old ball game.

OK, need to do a little more internetting and the see what the day holds. Take care all.

Wednesday is my day “off”. Meaning it’s when everything else happens. Today carpenters are coming to fix the holes made when we had our plumbing stack replaced last summer. We just never got around to it, but it needs to happen before closing it the house won’t pass occupancy (code says no holes). Gotta do some other things to get ready for the inspection on Friday. That inspection is one of the last little things stressing me out about the sale. Everyone tells me it will be fine. If course it will be fine. But what if!

Other than that it’s packing, sorting, cleaning, packing, sorting, cleaning, packing, sorting, cleaning

Not the way I’d choose to spend a day off. I have to go back in two weeks for the permanent crown. Then two days after that I’m scheduled for a two-quadrant periodontal cleaning. I do have my Last Friday Of The Month PTO Day though, where my mouth will be safe.

Liquid poodle poo would be an awesome band name.

I’ve done something like this. I decided yesterday that there’s a 98% chance that everything will go fine. I revised it down to 95% last night because a. there are a couple of weirdnesses with the new house (tenants we thought would be out at the beginning of April but are still there) and b. that’s just what I do.

But I’ve also been gaming out exactly what that worst case scenario looks like, and it’s this: if everything falls through (both sale and purchase) we have a house. A house we’ve lived in for 19 years. Which will be much cleaner with all the junk we’ve been wanting to get rid gotten rid of. If only the new house falls through, we have to rent for a while, but we have a lot of money in the bank because we’re not paying a down payment or closing costs. Try again in a year.

So the downsides aren’t even that bad. I’m much calmer this week than last. I am somewhat convinced that I have to keep the worst case in the back of my mind to keep it at bay. I’m not superstitious, I’m just regular stitious.