Happy Saturday! A cold front came in overnight, and yesterday’s sunshine and 90-degree high temp have given way to rain and a forecasted high of only 63°F…with more of the same expected tomorrow. I kind of like it, though: we got a glimpse of autumn last week before the few days of Summer Part 2: Electric Boogaloo, and I’m happy for the return of fall. And this morning’s overcast skies helped me sleep in a little. It’s supposed to hit 80 again for a couple of days at the end of next week, but then I’ll be hoping for all autumn all the time.

After yesterday’s post I completed both of the work tasks that were waiting for me, and the rest of the “on the clock” day was relatively quiet. It was nice to have a slow afternoon, and a gentle transition to the weekend. I stayed in my home office for a while after logging off work, to pay bills and also back up my personal computer: Windows Update had started offering a new version that I wanted to install, but I always like to do a backup first. The previous backup was only 5 months old, so nothing catastrophic could have been lost if I hadn’t done another, but I figured I had the time so why not. And they do take time, because sometimes I only back up what’s new/changed (like my MP3 files) but other folders I copy in their entirety each time even though they’re kind of big; usually because I’ve done some subfolder reorganizing since the last backup. The eventual upgrade went smoothly, and wound up taking just a few minutes – a fraction of the time I spent on the backup, but I’m glad I did it.
Taking care of the bills and some other things yesterday meant I had very little personal administrivia to deal with this morning: normally by the time I get to this point on a Saturday it’s noon or later, but right now it’s only 10:56am.
A little too early for lunch and Lego (it was soooo nice to start building a new set last night!), so I’ll go read for a while. I have this week’s issue of the New Yorker to peruse, plus I just started book #3 in David Baldacci’s King & Maxwell series – even though the Maxwell character annoyed me for most of book #2. I like the writing well enough, I had a digital credit from Amazon, and a book I’m waiting for doesn’t get released until the 20th, so I figured what the heck. Anyway, after this post I’ll be moving to the couch on the main floor…and then I’ll only have to go a few feet when I’m ready to relocate to the kitchen table to eat and re-engage with hundreds of tiny plastic bricks. 
Hopefully you’ll have some down-time to enjoy!
The kennel I used for Bailey would provide food if needed/requested, but I always sent her regular stuff with her: I figured being there was stressful enough, she didn’t also need for her GI tract to freak out (twice) because of sudden diet changes. 
My company offers various work schedules, and that’s the one most of my current co-workers are on: yesterday was their Friday off, which contributed to my quiet afternoon. We call it a “9/80” schedule (9 days and 80 hours each pay period). I work a “5/40,” which is 5 days and 40 hours each week. One of my direct reports works a “4/10,” which is four 10-hour days each week.
I don’t know/remember where you are, so I can’t solve for “other”…but no, he didn’t go anywhere with a name. 
Most of the time that’s what I order! Sometimes I get pepperoni, if I get a small enough pizza – but if I get a large, for a lot of leftovers, it’s plain cheese because (a) I’ll always be in the mood for that and (b) I find that it reheats the best/easiest.
I’m pretty boring when it comes to toppings: the fanciest I get is the occasional bacon/onion/ground beef (aka “cheeseburger”) pizza, but these days I can only eat one slice per meal if there’s a lot of stuff. I can usually have two slices with just pepperoni or plain cheese. And I don’t care for sausage or most veggies or anything.
“And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren’t for that meddling human!” 
Yay for new electronics! And smart to arrange for everything to be installed. 
At some point I want to get a bigger television for the TV room (aka the family room, on the first floor). I bought my current one in 2008 and it still works perfectly well, but I’m pretty sure it’s 50" and it’s a little small for the new space. I think I’d like to get a 65" someday, but I’d have to figure out what to do with the old one; I’d be willing to donate it somewhere. I’m in no hurry.
Both of those channels have streaming apps. Just sayin’.
I cancelled cable a few years ago, and replaced it with a lot of streaming services – which you’d think might cancel out any savings, but for me a bunch of subscriptions is still almost $100/mo cheaper than cable was.