(Old) It's Time For A New MMP

Afternoon.

I am slowly but surely wrestling Word into submission. I suppose it beats using a typewriter.

I actually slacked off a bit this afternoon, because I’m down to the error and typo spotting, and trying to do that after getting frazzled by wrangling the auto table of contents in which- seriously- a setting 5 menus in, hidden behind a door saying 'Beware of the leopard in a tab marked ‘tab’ was a setting in which, somehow, one heading level was listed twice at two different levels, so it was double numbering everything and arranging everything in an utterly bizarre order.

Anyway.

I went to the big supermarket at lunchtime, so at least I’ll have good snacks until I finish, and I may have bought a half bottle of prosecco for Friday afternoon.

JtC will probably appreciate this, but when I went to the bougie farm shop at the weekend, I bought some 'maters they grow onsite, one each out the mix. I’ve figured out where they got the seeds from and what they are, and they’re all open pollinated varieties. This means- for tomatoes- you can save the seeds and they’ll be the same variety as the parent. It’s a fraction of the price of buying the seed, plus you get to try the fruit and see if you like it. I’ve been picking all the seeds out at lunch, cleaning and drying 'em.

STAT prn would be my recommendation. They make decent canned cocktails now, she should always carry one in her purse at all times or at least a wee nip in an airplane bottle.

Good morning! I slept through my walking alarm again. This is getting old. I’m going to bed earlier, but still sleeping in. It’s good sleep, so there’s that.

The fires from yesterday continue.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. I took today off (the last day I can take off until probably mid-November) so slept in and then entertained the kitties for a bit. Eventually I’ll rally to run some errands this afternoon, but that’s a ways off still.

There was a water line break in the neighborhood yesterday evening so everyone’s water got shut off at about 6:30, right at dinner time. Cooking with no water seemed like a bad idea so I Door Dashed some food and will snack on those leftovers all day. Thankfully the water was back on when I woke up this morning.

The neighborhood has a lot of issues with the water pipes and this is the 4th time water has been shut off since I moved in at the beginning of the year. I wish the city would just redo all the lines but they seem to think the whack-a-mole approach is better. I keep a case of bottled water on hand now.

Kitten Mitten congrats about your daughter!

Hippie whereabouts in the Ozarks are you going?

Nellie you just can’t catch a break! I hope everything settles down soon.

Knots good thing on the home repairs, especially that step into the garage. That could go bad real fast.

Boo fae Happy Doperversary! Also sounds like it was a good day to not be in the office with all the commotion that went on.

FCM I hope your mom gets good news today.

Nuts you’ve earned the bubbles, enjoy cracking that open in a few days!

Apart from the usual retapes, I had to help load on the 400 Belt. Having one guy load 4 cars and a trailer, and having him keep being called away to do shop steward things isn’t the best idea. I was still out by 10:45. I had a pig, egg, and Stilton sandwich for lunch, now a short nap before the game.

Considering this has been close to her behavior all her life, I don’t think so.

Especially pasta. Glad it’s back.

Duck Season!

We are heading to Eureka Springs. It is in the North West Corner

There are eight of us this year. One of the guys can no longer make the trip due to his wife’s early onset Alzheimer’s. Another guy, Dennis’s grandson, is in the Navy and currently at sea.

She’s supposed to be released this afternoon - I’ll call and get the story from her later today.

Just finished reconstituting 21 little jars of underglaze and adding water to 3 that apparently I missed the other day. Tho they are 2oz jars, most had an ounce or less. A good variety of colors, so the kids will have fun decorating. I’ve got 3 or 4 pieces in the drying cabinet and after they go thru bisque firing with whatever else we make, I’ll let them decorate.

But I’m taking a break - almost 90 minutes on my feet is more of a challenge than it should be.

I love the Eureka Springs area and have been there many times. I hope you have a great time on your trip!

Which agrees with what I’ve read. Both of my parents like it, and I can’t stand it.

I could get along with that. Jam is better.

It’s statements like this, that make me think that if we wanted to have a secret signal when meeting other mumpers, it should be cookie-related. There are pie people and there are cake people. Everyone likes cookies. (I hope.)

Spent some more money on books yesterday. Finished the first 6:20 book yesterday and had to get the second. Reading the MMP is costing me money. (But it’s books, so those don’t count, right.)

Spent the whole day analyzing data and putting together a document to explain what I did, so others can re-create it. Have to fill in some blanks, but I have an intern for that. Also spent time preparing for the launch. Not only do I have to develop the package, I also have to do all the communications to. Hopefully should make some people happy. At least initial responses are good.

Crossing fingers.

Black bean chili is simmering on the stove.

Got our new replacement cards today. Called the number and of course they’ve added a new level of security: my bank savings account number. The checking account number wouldn’t be a problem because it’s right on the check. But even the website doesn’t have the savings account number. So I had to call the credit union and go through all their vetting to get the number, and then call the card people back and go through their silliness. But at least the cards are activated. Let the fun begin! (this is like my 3rd or 4th card with these people).

Howdy Y’all! Laundry got laundered and put where it stays until it gets dirty again. RDOS sloth then ensued. We et a late lunch/early sup and are now in chill mode. Oh, I made a peach cobbler which we will consume a la mode in a while as we watch stoopid teevee.

MOOOOOOM there is a reason I call it IckFilA. We lucked out findin’ a handyman. He’s a church member who started his on side business. We were among his first customers and our recommendations landed him other customers and he’s now doin’ it full time. However, he says he will always make time for us because we were the ones who took a chance on him first. As long as Ziva eats, drinks, poops and does not seem to be in pain, seems to me you are doin’ the right thing. HUZZAH for your mom gettin’ sprung from the horsepistol!

FlyBoy prayers will ascend.

Knotty if it’s a good cookie, then it’s worth the effort. Hope the stabs don’t leave you feelin’ too ick.

MetalMouse I suppose one must admire one’s manicure from time to time. You gettin’ any storms up your way? I am hearin’ of some ick weather in north Alabammy. TWPTB say things could get nasty in the southeast this weekend. Jawja has homecomin’ this weekend, not that I am goin’ or anything.

Duck Season!

Cookie Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky at morning, sailor’s warning.

Taters hope you feel better soonest!

red hope all goes well at the doc!

Nuts yeah, I’ll give Word it’s due cause it is better than a typewriter. It’s still a PITA however. Good snacks are always important. Have fun seed cleanin’ and dryin’.

BBBoo are canned cocktails either malt liquor or wine based? Do any use distilled liquors? That may vary by state in the USofA.

Mollie could the extra sleep be a side effect of the patches? Might be worth takin’ a look at. Then again, you could just be tahrd from puttin’ out fires.

52 yay for a day off and for the water bein’ back on. We keep bottled water just in case as well.

Dicey hope all goes well with the launch etc.

Afternoon all. Just a short one between gym time and soccer time, so will try to be brief. Scale at the gym says I’ve dropped a pound since yesterday, so we’ll see about tomorrow. Got things to work on with the 9 year olds on the soccer field, keeping their attention for longer that, oh, 20 seconds is wearing me down. My car is lecturing me on my low gas and asking me if I want the car to find a nearby gas station, but I still have 50 miles in the tank so can go a couple more days. Swampy, weather is nice here right now, but starting Firday night the rains move in and take up residence all weekend according to the weather wizards.

Taters, feel better soon. And we’ll take care of ourselves, but you need to take care of yourself too!

FCM, I’m pretty good at keeping food properly stored and off the floor, but putting stuff back where I got it from…not so hot. Will get it done, probably tomorrow morning.
And sounds with all that work your eyes might glaze over…

Nut, never typed anything as massive as your writing, but did more than a few 10 page assignments in my college dorm on an old Smith-Corona, and yes, this beats a typewriter any day.

52, hope they get the main fixed quickly. Having done the whack-a-mole for several years with my home plumbing, I agree with you, best do it all at once.

Elmer Season!!

Hippie, have a great time.

Dicey, enjoy the books, I need to get to the Barnes and Noble one of these days, it’s been too damn long.

cookie, I can access my savings account number on-line, but there is an extra level of security with it, I guess that is a good thing. Hope your troubles are through with these cards.

And shortly will don my gym shorts and soccer socks and head out to the practice fields. Mac-n-Cheese will be awaiting my return.

nellie I don’t know how you do it. If I were you, I’d be crying. I’d want to tell SIL off but I wouldn’t but what a witch that woman is acting like. Here you are helping both of them out, keeping her from death and she is only concerned about her own darn self. You’re obviously built of strong stuff. Will remember you in my prayers and sending a hug :people_hugging: Also, I had never heard of chicken fried steak until I graduated and started my first professional job in San Antonio. They were called chuck wagons in SE Mitten and it was a treat that Mom only made about twice a year.

It’s the finals of Fat Bear Week; I voted, Ladies rule (however the male is currently in the lead 51+% to 48+%)

BF texted early this morning asking if I wanted to meet her at the first event today of coffee week. I texted back an emphatic YES! It was at Paris Baguette. The deal was for 16oz cafe lattes at 45% off. Mine was very good as was a blueberry and cream pastry. The event was supposed to start at 10am and I was there at 9:55; only 2 other people in the cafe and they were only there for pastries and coffee. About 10 minutes later BF showed up and she got her GF pastry and a hazelnut cafe latte. So we chatted and then about 15 minutes later, a couple ladies showed up with buckets and buckets of flowers that they set up on a 3 tier rack. Then they set out all manner of vases. They then invited us to come make a bouquet or a flower arrangement. I chose a sunflower to be the center of the vase and all white flowers to surround it; a carnation, a daisy, a spider mum and something similar to a flox/flocks (sp?). The florist took them out and filled the vase with greenery as she said the flowers would stand upright with the greenery in first. Of course, she was right. After I replaced the flowers, she suggested putting in some babies breath which really brought the arrangement home.

Then we walked through the woods behind Paris Baguette as that was where Bella and I have twice seen deer. But since it was close to noon and not feeding time, they were bedded down somewhere out of sight. When I got back to my car, I discovered I didn’t have my phone so headed back to Paris Baguette and luckily someone had turned it in and not absconded with it.

Yay, a reference I actually get.
I have my biscuits (not cookies) the same.

flyboy fingers crossed that it works out for you.

boofae Happy Doperversay! :shortcake:

same; I think it’s due to the cooler weather.

52 Thank you :smiley:

FCM Yay for Mom getting sprung.

if you still have Kroger points left from August, be sure to get gas by tomorrow night. We almost always go on the last day of the month and then sometime around mid-month.

Tonight is Dancing With The Stars. Is anybody else watching?

Happy Doperversary, boofae! :shortcake:

Work was busy, and I’m tahrd, but the day is finally over. For some reason, though, I feel like Mumping a bit before I head home. :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: Y’all definitely have Virginia’s 95 counties beat!

My very first job after college was with the Maryland State Highway Administration: luckily, there were only 23 counties for me to learn.

In Lego, that’s called a “gift with purchase.” :grin:

Jam…on fresh biscuits…is better…than butter?!

Sometimes you make it hard for me to love you. *sigh*

I have a single account number at my credit union: if I ever need to specify checking for an electronic debit/credit, I just add “2000” to the end of the number (that’s also what appears on my checks). I’ve had this account since high school, and never would have guessed that there are banks where your checking and savings account numbers are totally different!

For some reason I was never able to get into that show. I miss So You Think You Can Dance, though. :ballet_dancer:

Now have a few minutes to finish reading Sunday’s posts that I haven’t read yet with a few comments:

Me thinks this might be partly responsible for the extra 5#

yes, thankfully he was. (I’m so very glad he didn’t end up shackled and sent to a country on a different side of the world like some detainees have been. I have previously met his wife and children and used my rusty Spanish; a lovely family)

I have no idea what a Mothman festival is but might be game. I asked my phone about Mothman festival and it’s response was ‘Something went wrong. Please try again’. :zany_face:

Thanks red. We’re tickled. Will be a joyous occasion.

And now that I’m posting in this week’s mmp, I see Oopsie has responded. I, too, miss SYTYCD. Although last year or the year before Maks Chmerkovskiy was a judge and it was all hip-hoppy type stuff and was absolutely terrible. There are a number of pros on DWTS that were on SYTYCD: Jenna Johnson, Witney Carson, Lindsay Arnold, Alan Bersten.

Up from naptime, having a Manhattan and watching the Canes play the (bad)Panthers. You know ESPN is still mad about the Canes leaving Hartford 29 years ago when they bury a game between the teams that won the last 3 Cups in a 5:00 slot.

I voted for 910. An Absolute Unit of a Queen.

Roomie and I will on tape delay. My favorite was Donald Driver(WR, Green Bay Packers)
:bottle_with_popping_cork: :shortcake: :partying_face:HAPPY DOPERVERSARY BOOFAE!!!:partying_face: :shortcake: :bottle_with_popping_cork:

Please enjoy a cat getting stoned rolly-polly

Monkey being silly (CATNIP!) Monkey being silly (CATNIP!) - Album on Imgur

At both of our credit unions (we don’t use an actual bank) the difference between the checking and savings account numbers is a suffix.

It could be happening even as I post this. About an hour ago she was next in line. So she might even be home by now, tho no one has texted me yet.

We had supper at Salsa’s and my seat was facing the TV that had the Canes’ game. No sound, tho, plus it would have been rude to totally ignore FCD, but I did think of you when I peeked at the TV.

We’ve been well-fed and I’m going to find something streaming to crochet by.

Please, why not both?

Boy, I really hope I’m not in for a head smack moment.