(Old) It's Time For A New MMP

Greetings from soggy no. Illinois. Rained all day yesterday and is still raining. I believe I am 99% recovered from the flu jab. I’ve never had a reaction before so this knocked me for a loop. Have to visit Ariel today. The horses were in yesterday due to weather and probably in again today and she will not be happy.

I have a guidelines that something domestic should be done every day. The second load of clothes is in the dryer, and I vacuumed the stairs. I hate vacuuming the stairs even though it takes about 5 minutes. But now I have to empty the cannister.

I’m not a soup fan but yesterday I needed Panera chicken and wild rice soup. I didn’t eat it yesterday though so it will be today’s lunch/supper aka lupper.

Near afternoon here. Have fetched the empty garbage bin from the curb and also put neighbors’ back by their house, they do the same for me when they can, and ate a bacon sammich for 2nd breakfast, so I have enough calories to burn off. Need to do some banking and then probably gas up car before gym time. No practice tonight, the U7’s are playing their Saturday game tomorrow due to lots of folks being out of town for Fall Break and reports of rain for most of the weekend. We’ll see how it goes.

Taters, I just had to look and I retired 30 April 2016, so it’s been over 10 years for me. Hope you find your best way to adapt, be it new work or other stuff.

Nut, Happy Submatting day!

rocky, a good haircut, a good book, and some good pets…sounds wonderful.

Cookie, I usually have 70’s on 7 or 80’s on 8 on my Sirius/XM radio, tend to bounce between them.

FCM, your making me feel lazy here…and you know what, I’m OK with that…

wet one, we’re still waiting on the rain down here. Glad you are doing well, outside of a sore arm I’ve never had problems with the flu/Covid jabs, hope I never do. ANd between you and FCM, guess I will do some domestic house-irk…maybe…

And onward into the afternoon.

Unreasonably happy.

:tada:

And now the waiting starts…

???

So I logged on to tell you all that I am NOT a registered voter today. FUCKERS!!! Not enough proof of residency. I will be packing up all of my documents and going to Logan after the water starts boiling.

Because of course we had a water main break and are on a Boil Water advisory. Our R/O system has UV lights to kill e-coli but I don’t want to get dysentery so I’m boiling the water as well.

If you are not registered Republician and live in a red state, get in the habit of checking your voter registration every couple of days so you know in time to get it fixed before November. They are purging the voter rolls as I type.

Its good to hear that a friend is having a better day :slight_smile: I love your smile.

I meant he spends like I am still working. Although, he has finally conceded that we need to slow down. Don’t get me wrong; he is not wildly spending, but sometimes he doesn’t think big picture.

How does one do that? Asking, um, for a friend … please …

@Mollie_Magill love that hair!


Work roster got massively rejiggered due to losing a crew member, and now I gotta close tonight AND tomorrow, on top of last night - that makes 3 closing in a row - plus again Sunday night.

I join in the general confusion.

Hey. Your marriage; your bizness. You don’t owe us any explanation. But that was - along with the Nut toilet situation - quite a curveball.

ETA you explained while I was being slow. That makes way more sense than initial face value might suggest.

Rinse and repeat of yesterday. There weren’t any retapes or damages after the sort. Better no have bee, I used 6 rolls of tape taping things today. I was out by 0930, and did my Senior Day shopping. Lunch was a country ham, egg and pseudo cheese burrito. Spot had dry, flavorless bits.

choclate and chilis do go well together. Hmmmm…

My cow orkers are using your toilets?

I don’t suppose she has a fondness for amontillado, does she? :wink:

It’s more part of the "if you want me to stay home and be a full time catbutler, we need many pieces of green paper. Well that and we could do the “dogbutler and Spot show up drunk and disheveled on your front lawn MMP World Tour”

I also read it as Nine Inch Nails

Carthago delenda est!

Unreasonably Happy Mollie makes us unreasonably happy.

Ah! that makes more sense.

https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Index

:grin:

Thanks, Mollie I have verified (confirmed? there’s a difference but I can never remember the nuance) my status, and have screenshots of where I’m supposed to go & when.

I genuinely appreciate the swift assistance.

Boo. I was planning on treating myself to a takeaway from the best of the Indian restaurants in town- been there in person, but never ordered via their website before. Placed an order for delivery (it’s a pain to drive to), clicked pay and… it triggered a warning on my browser, and the page froze.

However… the money’s gone from my account, and I seem to have received an (extremely generic) receipt, but no order confirmation. So I called them up to ask if the order has actually been placed and nope. No order has come through. They’re insisting that there’s nothing wrong with the website (which is now triggering a security warning every time I try and view any of it) and the system can’t possibly take money without placing an order, but it’s busy time and there’s no-one there who’s even got time to look into it, forget doing anything about it.

At least I placed the order from a bank card that can’t be scammed out of more cos it’s an online card that only had just over the amount I was trying to pay on there, and it won’t let the balance go below 0.

This is not the nice relaxing treat I was hoping for.

Thanks for the reminder. I just checked NJ and they have received my ballot!

Prosseco drunk? Congrats!

We were promised rain. Somewhere between 4 and 22 mm. Now they’re saying we might get 1-4 mm. It’s October, it’s supposed to be cooler, and it’s supposed to rain. I want rain. We did get a gorgeous sunrise this morning out of the clouds.

On the way home I got off the train in the bigger town to run to the good chocolate store. Which was closed. Because tomorrow is a holiday just in the bigger town, not in all the towns surrounding it, and that means all the shops close at 5pm. Fortunately the tourist version of the good chocolate store was open, so I got what I wanted (candied orange slices with dark chocolate).

The prosecco is waiting until tomorrow because now I’m all grumpy and won’t enjoy it.

*sulks*

What, What, What!?!?!? You live in SW GA where it should still remain hot for some time. Of course, perhaps our definitions of hot differ.

thought you were going to say Call asking if you had Prince Albert in a can. :grin:

JtC does WV not do DST? I know IN doesn’t or at least didn’t when daughter was in HS and would go to swim meets in Indy.

Mollie, Swampy would one of you be so kind as to share a recipe on how to make pimento cheese (grilled pimento sandwich sounds delicious)

Yes, that’s also what we Vincentiens (St Vincent de Paul Society) call those that we help.

Yikes, good thing I already received my absentee ballot as no way would I be putting all the info they require into a website with no absolute guarantee that it would never be hacked or shared.

Nut yay for getting thesis submitted; BOO for problem with no order and money being ‘swiped’? You do deserve a special treat. :people_hugging:

yum, yum, yum! :face_savoring_food:

Slept in, showered, had half an English muffin with blueberry preserves. Normally I wouldn’t have gone in to work but since yesterday was last day of month, I wanted to get the entry in today. Had a long wait to get out of the office driveway as the main road that I wanted to turn on to was clogged and there were 4 cars ahead of me and the first one seemed to be waiting until there was at least a quarter mile break in the traffic before he would turn onto main road. So after waiting about 5 minutes, I just turned into the neighborhood and came home. The reason I didn’t do that immediately was that I wanted to get my sister’s BD card to the PO before lunchtime pickup. I need to get it in gear NOW so I can get it there before evening pickup. Her BD is Tuesday but I had hoped card would get to her by Saturday, now it’s likely Monday.

So, TTYL (and hope I don’t get stuck in traffic).

Here’s mine, plus a lot of good suggestions.

oh, that sounds soooo good, right up my alley, thanks very much!

I forgot to mention earlier that Hubs went for a blood draw on Tuesday and today his cardiologist called and said his creatines (sp) are elevated too high so the new medication dosage needs to be halved to 12.5 mg. The pills are 25mg so I had to empty 5 days of this medication out of the second pillbox and use the pill cutter to cut them in half then return to second pillbox and put the other half of each in the first pillbox which I will totally fill next Tuesday. In looking at the excel spreadsheet he’s taking 4 different medications for high blood pressure, well actually 3 of them are for high blood pressure and one for atrial fibulation.

And now I’m off to the post office.

I did the stairwell window, the kitchen window, and the patio door in the dining room. BIL called and needed help with his replacement Visa card and his bills paid via visa. So I went to his apartment and took care of it for him. I’ll do our bedroom windows tomorrow.

Meatloaf is baking for supper. Broccoli and something else for sides. That’s all I have planned for the rest of today.

OK, the restaurant is forgiven. They found the money with no matching order, refunded and have offered to send me the food tomorrow free instead.

The universe is definitely going ‘Oi, you said you were submitting that on Friday, stop trying to sneak in early!’

Thursday afternoon and it’s a glorious, cloudy 74F/23C day. It is a work from home day so I’ve had a window open for the cats and they are loving it. It’s been too long since they got some extended window time. Plus the squirrels have gotten extra active so the cats are monitoring their activities closely.

We finally got some rain yesterday, with another small chance tomorrow. Unfortunately it looks like it’s going to get hot and dry again and be back up in the 90s next week :face_with_symbols_on_mouth:

Boo fae Holy cow what a day you had with that crazy student! And apparently you have more than one crazy student if they can’t figure out the toilet!

Also, have you considered shutting TM down when she starts rehashing old grievances? I know it feels rude but perhaps a “we’ve already discussed this issue so now we need to move on to talk about XYZ…”? She’s going to be pissed off anyway, might as well save your mental health.

nut Congrats on getting the thesis submitted! Although sorry about the Indian food, I would have much upset in your shoes as well…

Mollie Great pic! I love your smile

Metal Mouse You don’t open the blinds during the day when you’re home?!

JtC Good thing you caught the voter registration issue. I check mine regularly (and also make an effort to do the smaller elections and primaries so I show as active).

Shoe Sorry to hear you’re down a coworker, but yay for extra $ for the new shifts?

That looks like a pretty standard voter portal. Unfortunately you not using that website won’t help if it gets hacked, because your info is already in that database. All you are doing is verifying you should have access to that info, you aren’t putting any new info in the system.

We went to the allergy place, but skipped the ice cream because a relative made plans to take us to a different ice cream place for a family celebration. Then, after we already were home, that plan was nixed. We’ll have ice cream at home, but it lacks the theater of choosing from a storeful of flavors or maybe the new month’s special sundae.

Mollie, on voter registration, this year could be, um, unusual. It’s extra-important this time to check your voter registration ahead of time. Many voting system officials across the country are folks who are “election deniers,” in other words, they think the 2020 election was stolen. If you are voting early, go to a drop box, not to the post office.

Howdy Y’all! We went to the hog trough GC and then achieved nappage, followed by day drinkin’ and stoopid teevee. Tummy is still happy from the pig out, so no additional sustenance has been needed.

BooFae glad you made it home safe and sound and had a good night out. Nice of folks to drop by and check on y’all. Sorry you had to listen to TM rant and rave over a lot of nuttin’.

shoe even moody rock bands get hungry. Hope long shift goes OK.

Knotty enjoy the ice cream after you get shot.

Mollie how nice that Spike, his grandparents and aunt are comin’ in for Squeaky’s homecomin’! Also, lookin’ good in that pic!

MetalMouse NIN = Neighbors In Need. It’s run by the local Catlick church and a couple of nice nuns who like OYKW and me.

Taters happy one year retirement anniversary! Glad you took a day to do very little or nuttin’ at all. Sloth is good for the soul. That’s what we tell ourselves.

Nuts HUZZAH! Hope you get the order screw up resolved soonest. I see now that it is resolved and you get free food tomorrow. WIN-WIN!

rocker good for you for takin’ a me day!

Cookie I boogie to 70s tunes frequently in da cave and in my vehicle.

red yay for a good night’s sleep!

WetOne glad you’re over the post stab ick. It always gets me.

JtC hope you get the voter registration fixed soonest.

doggio Oreos with a chili cream fillin’. I don’t know whether to be excited or appalled.

Cat_Glove we don’t get into the cee-mint pond startin’ in October. In a couple of weeks we will Winterize the filter by wrappin’ it in insulation. We’ll set the timer circulate the water for two hours between one a.m. and three a.m. just to make sure the filter doesn’t freeze if it gets really cold. However, we have mild Winter days when we will sit out beside the cee-mint pond and day drink. My basic pimento cheese is extra sharp grated cheddar cheese, mayo, chopped pimentos, and a little black pepper all mashed together until it’s blended. It helps to let the cheese soften up a bit. Mollie may have embellishments to share. I make basic pimento cheese. I see she has shared her very nummy soundin’ version!

52 I am sure the cats are happy to get some quality squirrel teevee time.