Old video games that should be remade or have a sequel

The Gamecube version of Resident Evil looks really good…deformable zombies good!

Pirates Gold is an incredible game that’s so buggy I can’t every play it for more than a few minutes without it screwing up. Also, it runs too fast on my computer.

But I do own a legal copy of it! My neighbour gave me a bunch of old games last year.

Halflife 2, please!!

I have been so good this year Santa-- honest. Ok, better then last year at least.

Please!

The X-Com collection fix is to turn off DirectDraw acceleration by running ‘dxdiag’ (Start->Run). I have it, but the game still crashes randomly, and it still runs a little too fast on the geoscape and in battle. It’s acceptable to get that old school experience though.

I finished impossible mission once. It took me a while to figure out what to do with the puzzle pieces. You have to combine them so that the box is completely filled.

TurricanTurricanTurricanTurricanTurricanTurricanTurricanTurrican

or the incredible last ninja (cbm64 stylee)

http://www.nofx.com/user/el-borro1/button04.gif

Pacific Theater of Operations (P.T.O.), a strategy game for the Super Nintendo. Maybe the most hypnotic game I have ever played. You’d go out with your fleet and fight some battles, at times taking an hour to get through a few days, then you’d eventually wind up back at your home port (where you’d organize fleets, set production and research priorities, etc.), and time could fly by at several months per hour. And it was all set to this extremely relaxing score. I played it off and on for about 6 years (until it broke, basically). I understand they made a sequal about a year later, but I never played it.

Gary Grigsby’s War in Russia (free download available here.), if only for graphics and interface improvements (it’s really old).

Chrono Trigger could use a remake - improve the graphics, add in some extras to make the game longer, etc.

It could also use a sequel. (Chrono Cross? Never heard of it. You must be imagining things.)