Omnibus College Football Thread 2021-22

FSU just doesn’t have the deep pockets to churn through coaches. We’re basically stuck with Norvell, that Taggert mistake cost us dearly.

It was tough enough competing for talent with UF and Miami, now there are even more relevant schools. No one school will be able to stockpile players in Florida.

Hell, look at Nebraska. After Osborne 9-10 wins a season wasn’t good enough so they kept firing coaches… and now they are lucky if they get back to 9 wins.

Rolovich fired by Washington State for refusing to get vaccinated. I couldn’t be happier. My patience is absolutely exhausted with vaccine refusers

Tucker’s a real possibility. I think LSU wants Franklin, but Franklin probably has his choice of programs at the moment and he’s leaning toward USC. Jimbo Fisher’s name is getting kicked around (as it often does).

Nebraska’s close to having a very good team. They’ve got the talent back up to where it should be; they just can’t close out big games.

There have been a gazillion rule changes in football over the years, but they stubbornly refuse to change that rule. Why should a player be down if no one on the opposing team puts him there? It’s as if gravity is the twelfth man on defense.

University of Arizona seems determined to get a win tonight against Washington.

In total, those two teams have played twelve games and the best win that either of them have is Arkansas State, who is in last place in the Sun Belt.

Arizona is going to lose against Washington, they’re a cursed team

Washington’s best win might still be Arkansas State. :slight_smile:

Slow start to all the favorites at the noon games at halftime:
Oklahoma trailing Kansas!
Cincinnati, Michigan, Penn State only up 3.

Don’t know if any will go all the way but a “boring” weekend with no ranked teams facing each other is a little bit more interesting now.

Even Wake Forest (top of the ACC) is in a close one with Army.

I think Wake Forest is confused. Basketball season hasn’t started yet (70-56!!).

Penn State/Illinois now heading to overtime #7, tied at 16. Nobody has made the two-point conversion, which started in OT #3.

That’s because neither team seems capable of finding the end zone. It’s almost as it they think that it’s out of bounds. It’s just bizarre.

That was crazy. Illinois on the road against #7 Penn State in 9 OTs!! Great win but what a terrible loss on PSU with Ohio State next week.

Too bad Kansas and Navy couldn’t pull off the upsets. Congrats to Illinois for going to PSU and pulling off the win. Call me crazy, but that might just keep PSU out of the playoff.

On to the game of the year next week: Michigan-Michigan State. Should be a dandy.

This was a 4th-and-1 play for Oklahoma at about midfield with 3+ minutes to go, protecting a five-point lead. The running back was stuffed and driven backwards, then the QB took the ball from him and made the first down.

Totally legal, as a forward handoff is okay if neither player has broken the line of scrimmage. But methinks a whistle could have been blown as the forward progress of initial ballcarrier was clearly stopped.

A bouquet of skunk cabbage to ESPN for passing over Michigan/Michigan State in favor of Penn State/Ohio State for Gameday this week. In one case you have two undefeated top 10 teams with an historic rivalry, in the other you have teams with three losses between them with a rivalry not nearly as long. But one game is being shown on the ABC/ESPN family and the other is on Fox so that trumps everything.

I was wondering about that myself. The obvious choice would have been East Lansing, but you explained perfectly why ESPN chose the way they did.