"Only 20 People in the Universe Like ___, and 19 of them are SDMB Regulars"

Everyone is missing the obvious: Dennis Kucinich.

I was very surprised by the Johnny Dangerously love.

“…that Roman Troy Maronie was responsible for: the Mother’s Day Massacre, The Christmas Day Slaughter, The Lincoln’s Birthday Mutilations, and The Groundhog’s Day Be-headings!”

Weirddave
Seriously, I voted for Kucinich in the Democratic primary of 2004. LOL

I figured Kerry would get the majority of votes (which he did) so why not help out a struggling candidate?

Fargin’ icehole!!

I do not think that word means what you think it means. :smiley:

I know he must be very popular, but I would never had heard of him had it not been for the SDMB.

I rented through Firefly, and while passably entertaining, I don’t get the cult following.

I think more than 50% of this show’s audience were dopers…

When I went to pTerry’s book signing in San Jose, he was so unknown that it took me two hours to get to the head of the line. Must be a lot of Dopers around here. :wink:

Who else has the Flanders and Swann boxed set, with all three CDs?

Now, for someone I have never heard mentioned of here, how about Mike Oldfield? Am I the only fan on the Dope?

Nope. Considering that we’ve got tons of fans of The Exorcist on here, I’d say you and I weren’t the only ones. (Of course, my favorite album is Crisis.)

I forgot one. Any other fans of…

Common Rotation

5 Miles Out is one of my favorite albums. I still listen to it on vinyl. Ditto Hergest Ridge.

Well, I would if my turntable hadn’t just taken a dump. Off to Amazon for more CDs! :smiley:

I still have a bunch of his albums on vinyl, but I don’t listen to much ambient/minimalist music anymore.

Lessee, I’ve got…

The boxed set with:
Tubular Bells (the extended version)
Hergest Ridge
Ommadawn (which I think I haven’t lost my love of)
A bunch of extra stuff

Platinum
Five Miles Out
Crises (I think)

I used to have The Orchestral Tubular Bells, Incantations, Exposed and Discovery as well, but I found they didn’t hold up on repeated listening. I gave up on him at Islands, which I listened to once.

I don’t know so much about brave as I feel like I’ve consumed almost everything out there (in regards to movies but not so much books, which leads me to looking for MORE GORE! [hehehe] within to drench myself) and have to look deeper in print than I can no longer do on celuloid. :stuck_out_tongue: Now, what are these “horror boards” of which you speak? That sounds nummy!!

I do not think that word means what you think it means! :smiley:

Given that Tubular Bells and then Hergest Ridge were number one albums in the UK for something like two years (combined), surely there are a few more of us out there even now. My favorite of his is Ommadawn, FWIW, in spite of “On Horseback”. :slight_smile:

I sent you an e-mail with some links. I’ve only found one horror board with what I’d say were honest reviews and criticism (Horror Web), but there’s fun to be had at all of them.

In addition to what’s already been mentioned, I’ve been pleased by how many other hardcore Doper fans I’ve found of:

Tuf Voyaging
The Hidden
Monty Python

All right, so there are non-Doper Python fans, too. You know what I mean.