Opinions on women's hair?

Cute hair. Dye it purple and spike it.

Isn’t your har supposed to be blonde and knee-length?

Yes, but it kept getting caught in my helm and tangled in Gonturan…not a pretty sight.

On the subject of ironing your hair, if you don’t mind me butting in, are there any other products that I could use at home for straightening? My hair is damn near impossible to get straight, and flat irons don’t really do much besides cut down the frizz. Or any way that is cheap and will last past the next time I wash my hair. I am really getting sick of this frizz.

I like your hair best the way it is in this pic. But you knew that. 'Course, I’m probably not the one to listen to about this, but there are my two cents for whatever they’re worth.

If I mess with the front a bit, it looks like that, except slightly shorter on the sides.

I didn’t happen to have that picture handy at the time, though. It would have been somewhat amusing to justify it with “a random cute guy from the internets likes it that way.”
:wink:

Which reminds me. Are you using anything in your hair?

I like your hair short. You have the face for it, so enjoy it.

Now, get thee to a regular stylist–a good one. You may find that in the long run it’s not that much more expensive. My stylist charges a lot more for a haircut, but she’ll do regular maintenance on my short hair (trimming bangs, cleaning up the wispy stuff around the ears/neck, etc.) for free where the cheaper stylists don’t. So it works out in the long run.

A good stylist will show you how to have FUN with your short hair. They’ll show you what to do and what products to use for a work look, a party look, a date look. You can do a lot of fun things with short hair (if you have a pretty face like yours), and a good stylist will show them to you.

Also, get out and buy some kick butt earrings! I love being able to show off my earrings now that my hair is short. I feel so girly!

In the most recently posted pics of me, no. In the Hair Formerly Known As Pompadour, no (though nobody ever believed me). Currently, yes, because it’s long enough now where it’s starting to do that poofy thing if I just use water, so I gel it into spikes.

As a side note: am I truly that random? Or is it all a carefully calculated plot designed to bend you to my will? I’ll let you ponder that one for a while.

Will do. I usually wear tiny earrings. I have these hinged hoops that go all the way through my ears. I pull on them when I’m thinking. Freaks people right out. I did discover this morning that my hair is a tad too long on top right now to spike. I think I could accomplish it with enough of the right product, but it might look weird. I am planning to try a temporary color sometime, just for fun.

I prefer women with long hair. Rarely do I see short hair on a woman and think: Wow! That looks hot!

Nah, I don’t think you’re that random. It’s just that I wouldn’t have been able to say “my boyfriend from the internets” or similar. (joking, haha) You have random cute guy status now.

And I do the will-bending around here. Remember?

I will not hijack my own thread anymore.

You don’t have to go spikey to play with your short hair. You can get some product (like the wax-y stuff) and make it really chunky/piecey and then shape it in some neat ways like curling some pieces onto your forhead or around your cheekbones. Or you can get some mouse or volumizer and go for more lift. You can also get the kind of spikiness that doesn’t really stick out all over but just at the ends. It’s kind of hard to describe how to do all the different looks. Play with it–you’ll have a blast!

See, I always figured that this was the girl lesson that I missed because I was reading an extra-long book. I live with three other girls, so there’s always plenty of freely borrowable hair junk. That way I may get lucky and hit upon something that works before having to go out and buy it. Thanks for the tips!

Grog say: “Hair on woman is good!”

Just giving this a little update. I bought some hair pomade and am going to experiment with it. I also bought a small packet of dye (which will wash out) and I am going to pursue the blue hair angle. Pictures to follow!

Yes, it can be unbelievably attractive or sexy. It depends on the woman & her hair, I think. E.g., Natalie Imbruglia w/ short hair = goddess; Natalie Imbruglia w/ long hair = meh.

Remember that commercial for some DVD burner where the husband hands the wedding video (or something like that) to his wife, sitting on the couch, and she throws the video out the window? Short hair = goddess. Seen the character Lily from the new sitcom Life on a Stick? Long hair = goddess.

So, for me, it all depends.