Ordered my SD Mug!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I ordered my Straight Dope mug last night. I can’t wait til it gets here.

Well, I’m happy about it.

I tried to share this news w/ my friends and coworkers but consistently I got responses like, “the Straight what?” and “Cecil who?” - the heretics! Geez, it’s now no wonder why this fighting ignorance thing is taking so long! :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to read this absolutely pointless post. You may go back to your regularly scheduled life now.

Be sure to fill us in on how it’s changed your life once it arrives.

Minx - you inspired me! I just ordered a mug, as well as The Straight Dope book. Yeah, I imagine I’ll get some blank stares from co-workers too, as I work with a bunch of ignoramuses (don’t we all?)

Fine…I shall put it off no longer. I, too am going to order a mug…see what you’ve started?? :slight_smile:

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

Don’t forget, buy the books too! Uncle Cecil has to get his money from somewhere, after all.

Shadowfox
“Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with
great ambitions.”

• Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

I personally would not buy anything to line the pockets of Mr. Zotti.
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000362.html

It’s pretty obvious what he thinks of the clientele.

-Melin

I don’t have anything against Mr.Zotti - so he wields power; so some of the dopers don’t agree with some of his actions; so what - he’s the “boss.” And I even read most of the infamous “minorities” thread which resulted in his firing one of the moderators – his prerogative. But then, my posts are so tame, I don’t expect to have any run-ins with management. Doesn’t matter – I love Cecil and his books, so I bought one (& the mug).

I already have all of the books so there’s no sense buying them again.

Although, the pages are falling out of my original SD book because I’ve read it so much. HHHHMMMMM.