Oscar Host announced

Ahh, missed those. (Just skimmed the big co-hosting years.) Thanks.

I like Jackman, but he’s irrelevant.

If the Academy nominates the same types of actors and movies the Golden Globes did, the ratings will be utterly dismal again.

Of late, the Oscars have been indistinguishable from the Indy Spirit Awards. Nobody is going to watch an awards show where the nominees are all things like “Synecdoche, New York” and “Milk.”

I want to be the first one to get it in.

“(insert this year’s host) sucked, with more YUCKS than YUKS!”

Hosting the Oscars is a thankless job. It doesn’t matter HOW good you are, the audience (both in the theater and at home) will hate you unless they’re already a fan.

I’ve also noticed that nobody ever mentions Letterman’s hosting duties WITHOUT mentioning Uma-Oprah…there HAD to be more to the act than that???

I have faith that Hugh Jackman can do comedy, but I’m kind of burnt out on all the awards-show stuff at the moment–it feels incredibly tedious.

Maybe if there’s shirtless Hugh Jackman. ponders

In the Niven tradition (whom I adore him as a god), Jackman has the chops (clever and a bit bitchy) to make it work.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4356385/

I loves me some Jon Stewart, but Hugh Jackman is also on the list of potential fathers of my children. Never saw him in “Boy from Oz,” but PBS aired the revival of “Oklahoma!” he did and he was quite wonderful. I think he’ll be good.