Pat Robertson wants to nuke the State Department

Oh, Pat. how stupid you truly are. As this article says on CNN:

I truly despise this man on so many levels. He’s a huckster, a fraud, and as far from Christian as anyone I’ve ever seen. So many other scummy, slimy televagelists have been exposed for the bottomfeeders they are - why not him? I’m gleefully waiting his downfall. Doesn’t anybody have anything on him?

Esprix

Pat’s hitting on all cylinders lately

Well, technically, Pat is just wondering if the State Department needs to be nuked. It’s still enough to make me wish I didn’t work near Foggy Bottom. :slight_smile:

Here’s the Yahoo news story about this, and it leads me to wonder, what’s up with the picture of him attached to the Yahoo story? Is he wearing eye shadow?

You know, if a guy with a name like “Mohammed al Mohammed” was saying things like this, he’d be rotting in a prison cell right now…

I’m just saying…

Um, yes, I have several friends living near Foggy Bottom, and I would appreciate if they weren’t nuked, as they are my dear, gay, liberal, lovely–

…Oh crap.

But Foggy Bottom is where one can check all the hot young college boys at GWU. Don’t nuke the hot college boys!

It’s okay. Nuke away. I graduated five years ago. :wink:

So this is what Robertson’s never-ending harange against the State Dept. has come to? This can’t even qualify as a sick joke on Robertson’s part.

Why doesn’t he advocate praying to God, asking everyone at the State Dept. to quit or step down like he wanted people to do to get rid of the Supreme Court Justices that he doesn’t like?

The nuttier this bastard gets the more grateful I get that his presidential campaign in 1988 failed.

My husband is a IT contractor for the State Dept.
I guess Pat never thought about all those innocent contractors hired to do a job who’d be killed–casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. All right, look–you’re a computer geek, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife, a dog, and the two-story in suburbia–this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these right-wing militants blast you with a nuke and wipe out everything within a three-mile radius. You didn’t ask for that. You have no personal politics. You’re just trying to scrape out a living.
Then they just go and build another Death Star… I mean State Department. :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy shit. The first time in history I agree with the man :wink:

I have a simple formula for dealing with situations like this.

Is the person with moronic opinion setting policy for any nations?
If no, I don’t care. There are many morons.
Does the person with moronic opinion have access to any nuclear arsenals?
If no, I don’t care. There are many morons.

In short, I don’t care about Pat Robertson, or any other person without the capacity to force their moronity on me with violence.

Being a mere foreigner, (Scotland) I am not up to speed on the important details here. I have to admit, my brain got derailed on hearing of a place named “Foggy Bottom”. Is there really?

If so, wonderful! (Though it does rather sounds as though it ought to be a nice traditional foodstuff in Britain).

And the views of the previous poster, robertliguori seem to make sense to me, except I’d be worried about, well, what IF the moron in question has access to nasty things without my knowlege?..eeeekkk

Bloody hell. What a jerk.

I am currently in a dorm room at GWU, in Foggy Bottom, not many blocks from the aforementioned State Department. A nuclear device at such a location would immediately end my life. :mad:

[Tom Lehrer]

“We’ll try to stay serene and calm
When Pat Robertson gets the bomb!
Who’s next?
Who’s next?
Who’s next?
Who’s next?”

[/Tom Lehrer]

Esprix

Which dorm?

I was an RA my last two years in Thurston Hall. After the 1,000th drunk freshman puked in the hallway, yeah, I started wishing for nukes too. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, Robertson’s an idiot.

Celyn, yes, “Foggy Bottom” is real, it’s the neighborhood in Washington DC at walking distance southwest of the White House, where notably George Washington University and the State Department are located…
…and where my brother used to work and study until last year. What a tool.

And the problem is that the aforementioned moron has a large audience of people likely to feel that they’d be justified in meting out violence against our public servants or anyone associated with our national government as a way of doing the Lord’s Work. It doesn’t take a nuke – just ask the people in Oklahoma City, or the staff of abortion clinics. When you have a prominent public pulpit you have to measure your words and bite your tongue when hyperbole tempts you.

Praying that the Supreme Court retires so others take their place? OK, I can see that. Threatening that there will be hurricanes and meteors raining on Disney World because of Gay Day? Dumb. Believing that relatively minor parts as a President or God was some sort of undeserved “promotion” over a splendid main role in Driving Miss Daisy? Dumb again. OTOH, saying the US foreign policy apparatus could use violent termination with extreme prejudice, taking the heart of Washington DC along for the ride? Pretty irresponsible.

Now that’s hilarious!

Come on everyone. Where will the media draw the line? It was OK for Mr. Freeman to play a menial. But why, oh why doesn’t the liberal, Satan-approved media say something. A BLACK MAN HAS PLAYED GOD IN A MOVIE!!!

Someone should have said something long before. Like when he presumed to teach our godfearing children basic English and math on Electric Company. Dear White God in Heaven, he’s won 3 Obies!

I’d vote for Morgan Freeman to be God. Beats the bastard in the office now.

Shouldn’t someone sick Ashcroft on his ass?

He even says it one his ownwebsite!!

So, a little over two years ago I attended two funerals for members of my church because religious fanatics flew a plane into the Pentagon. Now another religious leader, who is supposedly on my side because we are both Americans and we both self identify as Christians, is advocating setting off a nuclear device in another government building. I am currently more disgusted with Pat than I am with OBL.

I truly wish I could express to him my repugnance upon hearing his comment. People, other Christians – who he has always said he was speaking for, died in a government building because they showed up a work on a Tuesday morning. Now, he wants to blow up another one, killing more people, many of whom are probably Christians also. By his own words I call him a hypocrite:

John 3:14;15We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.