Peanut Butter and Maple Syrup Sandwiches

Your opinion?

Too messy. Peanut butter and brown sugar is an excellent combination, though. The brown sugar sticks nicely to the PB and is delicious. Something I’ll treat myself to once every couple of months.

That sounds delightful right about now (I’m eating plain chicken and green beans :()

My opinion is that if you need instructions on how to spread two ingredients on bread, you probably are too stupid to be feeding yourself.

Moderating
On the off-chance you’re seeking opinions on the pros and cons of such a complex culinary concoction, I’m moving this to Cafe Society, from IMHO.

My vote: “Never heard of them, but would try it.” When I was a kid I used to have PB & white sugar, PB & brown sugar, or PB & cheddar cheese sandwiches now and then. Nowadays it’s PB & J all the way, but y’know, I wouldn’t mind trying PB & syrup.

I like peanut butter and I like maple syrup. The two flavors together might make a nice candy. But a sandwich? It sounds like it would be both sticky and soggy. I would think that unlike say, honey, maple syrup is just too thin to be a sandwich filling.

Never thought of syrup, although I used to use honey with peanut butter.

I also used to eat peanut butter & honey sandwiches, but I don’t like honey as much as I used to when I was a kid.

I’m not a big fan of maple flavour so I probably wouldn’t try the combination, but I don’t consider it disgusting.

I’ve never heard of it, but it’s conceptually not all that different from the ubiquitous PB&J, so it certainly seems reasonable.

I used to have peanut butter and honey too. I never cared for jelly.

I eat peanut butter and honey as well as PBJ. I will now be adding the PBMS and PBBS variants to the list (I will eat almost anything with brown sugar).

I have an opinion.

There’s a jar of PB mixed with maple syrup on the kitchen shelf right now, probably from Whole Foods or Trader Joes - it’s delicious. Mighty Maple | Peanut Butter & Co. – Peanut Butter & Co. - ilovepeanutbutter.com

ಠ_ಠ

I’ve never had it as a sandwich, but I frequently squirt a little maple syrup into a partially-consumed jar of peanut butter, and eat it with a spoon. I try to get equal parts PB and MS on each scoop. It’s delicious and, if you use sugar-free syrup, pretty low-carb as well.

Nutella is even better than maple syrup

My dad used to put a thin layer of peanut butter on his pancakes (instead of butter) and then syrup them normally. I’ve done the maple syrup and peanut butter on toast, but never a sandwich.

Want to try something REALLY good? Peanut butter and apple butter. Now we’re talkin’!

I hate maple syrup, so no.

Don’t like peanut butter. Maybe something like almond or walnut butter, but then if I am blowing my day’s carb luxury on something hubby makes absolutely killer pancakes I would rather have than a pedestrian sandwich.

for about a year in elementary school, I would have peanut butter and golden syrup sandwiches for lunch. Because golden syrup is thicker than maple syrup , once lunch rolled around the syrup would have soaked into the white bread forming a kind of crunchy honeycomb. Definitely liked them as a kid, but tastes change and I have no interest in trying one as an adult

Sounds awful, but I’d be willing to try it.