Peter Gunn's wallpaper

Low rent Sherlockian mind palace?

Maybe they didn’t think anyone would ever watch this in HD on a giant screen.

I believe you nailed it, TriPolar.

I saw a good shot of it in “Last Resort”, supposedly in an Acapulco hotel. It looks real, you can see a seam in it, bearing in mind it is on sixty year old film. They filmed several shows in or around Acapulco; I don’t know if they filmed there, or just used film shot there. I’ve wondered if they used it as an excuse for a vacation, but I digress. Did they think it looked cool, and tried to recreate it on the set that was Gunn’s apartment?

Okay, I’m watching the movie (from 2006, is that the right version?). I can only find plain walls… any hint on where in the movie it is? (a time code would be awesome, but even “near the end” would help).

WHY do I CARE so much about this damn wallpaper?
I blame quarantining…

Oh, wait, there are a dozen films titled “Last Resort”… I think I found the one you saw (it’s a horror movie). Here’s a clip with the scuzzy walls. But it looks like the walls are supposed to be moldy/dirty/“haunted”; it’s “A DESERTED MEXICAN RESORT THAT IS HAUNTED BY THE UNSPEAKABLE ATROCITIES OF ITS PAST!”

@digs: @carnivorousplant is referring to "Peter Gunn" Last Resort (TV Episode 1961) - Reference View - IMDb.

The episode can be watched via Roku.

Indeed, the Peter Gunn episode of 1961.
From scenery with the characters, they apparently filmed several episodes in Alcapulco.

Thanks! I have a Roku at home, I’ll continue my obsession with this dadblasted wallpaper. I just hope I don’t get obsessed with Peter Gunn and have to watch every episode (don’t ask me about trying to find episodes of Coronet Blue…).

Then take care not to listen to Lola Allbright. Probably shouldn’t look at her, either.
:slight_smile:

The series is running on MeTV, for those who want to hear Lola Albright sing jazz, and see Craig Stevens break furniture over bad guy’s heads.

You can’'t beat that opening theme.

Hell yes, there is an album.
The @#$% wallpaper is there again, in a rich guy’s house in the episode, “Death is a Four Letter Word.”
I think they knew they were canceled, and had no money for new sets.
Peter Gunn Theme by Henry Mancini - Bing video

Acoustic Sounds

My first guess, before seeing your link, was bricks painted white. I still think it might be. It depends I guess if it was shot on a set or a location.

Did they have fake brick back then?

What what I can see on sixty year old film, it is too smooth to be brick. It is also something you can move around for different sets.

I found a decent picture.
overlay (1280×856) (vimeocdn.com)

Yeah, that’s not what I’ve seen before. It’s very irregular. Wonder if it was meant to be hung vertically.

Is Edie one move from check mating Gunn with her knight?

I have subscribed to this thread because I want to know the answer.

At least there’s a clear picture now. Reminds me of the famous jazz cup pattern.