Pick Me a Bible Verse

For wedding favors, we want some suitable Bible verse to be imprinted on various favors (hand fans at the wedding, take-away containers for the reception).

Of course 1 13 COR gives us Love Never Fails, which is good but obvious.

Any clever thoughts?

Hebrews 13:8 in the King James version for the marital sex life. :smiley:

Pretty much any verse from The Song of Solomon.

My Favorite is 6:3 I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.
Ani L’Dodi, v’Dodi Li

I’ve seen weddings use Ruth 1:16: “Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.”

It’s kind of taken out of context, though, because it is spoken by a widow to her mother-in-law. But it’s still a beautiful statement and appropriate for the setting.

I’m fond of Philippians 4:4-9, particularly verse 8:

I think that’s a good take-home message. :slight_smile:

I like this passage from Proverbs Ch 30

We used it on our wedding invites…

Grim
(Some of the other translations are a little less appropriate :slight_smile: )

Titus 2:4 -5:* That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.*

1 Peter 3:7: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

1 Corinthians 11:3: Christ is the head of every man, and a husband the head of his wife, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 11:7-9: * For a man…is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head*.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

:D:p…different verses may apply for those seated on the Bride’s side…

Song of Solomon 5:16 “This is my beloved, this is my friend.”

What about a gratitude themed one instead? It could be your thank-you note!

Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away.
If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.
Song of Solomon 8:7

Just don’t make the mistake I did and use Hosea 1:2

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
:dubious:

Gen 2:25

I think that’s sweet. Make sure you just print the reference, though, so they have to look it up later in a bible.

Matthew 7:24-25

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.”

I just think it’s a good sentiment for a strong marriage. My brother and SIL had this verse.

John 4:18 is a good one

I think you meant 1 John 4:18!! :eek:
(Unless I am being wooshed)

I agree - I know the reference, but it’s such a concrete statement of love.

(So when did the Bible Gateway site get blocked by the Saudi censors? Grumble.)

Do I get to be the first to suggest John 11:35? :smiley:

ETA: Okay, seriously, I second the suggestions of Solomon 5:16 or 8:7.