Pickled Bologna!

Hehehe… I’m so happy with my lunch today. Pickled bologna on Saltine crackers with a piece of pepper-jack cheese. Everyone in the office is completely offended by the smell, but they can deal. I love pickled bologna!

I went home this past weekend which is the only place I’ve ever been able to find it. It’s been so long since I’ve had some. I know, it sounds like the most trailer park dish in the world right? Well, I’m 99.9% a northerner at heart. This is the 0.1% of me that is southern.

Yay! Pickled Bologna! Anyone else like it?

I never heard of it - how does one pickle bologna?

Yesterday was stinky lunch day here - my cube neighbor had a killer-mega-potent onion - WHEW!! I long for the day when I rate a private office with a door I can close!

Y’know, Simetra, I’ll try almost anything, but pickled bologna sounds like something I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s tongue.

Yes, exactly what is pickled bolonga?

Pickled Bologna is exactly what it sounds like it is. But there’s a picture and product description to help you along.

You guys really should try it. It’s freakin’ wicked good stuff.

The pic at that link doesn’t look like bologna coiled up in that jar.

Hmmmmmmnnn.

Kinda looks like what it’s made of eh?

Hehehe… :wink:

Well, after looking at the pickled bologna. . .

I know I wouldn’t touch it with somebody else’s tongue.

::shudder::

Oh my random-fluctuations-in the-fabric-of-space-time, Wonko, (Pratchett’s right, it’s hard to exclaim when you’re an atheist) you’re right. It looks like, like…

…(keep going)

SOMEBODY MURDERED THE MICHELIN MAN AND CUT HIS BODY UP AND IS SELLING IT ONLINE TO DESTROY THE EVIDENCE!

That brings back memories.
When I was a teen I had a job at the local movie theater along with a cool older lady. On those long, dull good-weather weekends when no one came to the matinee we’d pass the time munching pickled bologna on saltines.

Or popcorn and white wine. :slight_smile:

Pickled bologna?

You mean…there’s other people besides me that eat it?

I’m not alone!!!

I love fried bolagna, but pickled?
Eww.

Eww.

And I thought pickled weiners were weird.

Ah pickled bolgna…food of the Gods…course, if it ain’t Koegel’s, it ain’t real…
Xploder, xlowly mending from his damn car accident…

Damn…that should, of course, be bologna!!!