Pitting Brett Favre

I could throw an interception.

I must preface my comment on that one particular play with an explanation:

Once my Vikings choke I always, always root for GB. However, I’ve recently started dating a guy who really doesn’t care for football and roots for GB only because he knows how much I like the Vikings. He’s from South Africa, for pity’s sake! He likes rugby! And I know that I know that I KNOW that were I from Sconnie he’d be a Viking fan.

Therefore, and that said…What a beautiful fucking pass. Straight to the green guy! You couldn’t draw a play like that with a ruler! WOOHOO!

And I won a quarter. :smiley:

The Pack was only there because the Vikes choked worse in the last game of the season. Think of this game, and the Seattle win, as gifts from the football gods.

They’re just not that good anymore. Deal with it and rebuild.

The Pack was only there because the Refs didn’t penalize the offsides player on the onside kick, and ruled a pass caught out of bounds a touchdown. Think of this game, and the Seattle win, as gifts from the football officials.

The INT is retribution by the football gods.

Uhhhh… You do realize that the Eagles have been in the NFC Championship game for the last three years, right? And choked every time? Just making sure…
Yeah, the Packers had failure on all three fronts, as a different poster said. It especially irked me to see them not going for it on a fourth-and-one after reading Mike Sherman in the press all week espousing that in the playoffs, you have to be aggressive because there’s no tomorrow. And then he wusses out! Of course, it was consistent with his game plan, which seemed to involve a heckuva lot of passing plays, considering that they were one of the best rushing offenses in the league versus one of the worst rushing defenses. As a head coach, Mike Sherman’s one hell of a head of personnel…

I just want to say that McNabb’s accounting for 109 yards on one drive was purely a creation of the media’s desire for a black quarterback to do well.

Oh, and that Carolina will smoke us next week.

Ummm. Yeah. You are aware that the Eagles went this far in the playoffs just last year? And the year before that? :dubious:

The game was lost when the Packers didn’t go for it on 4th and 1.

Fortune favors the bold.

Terry Bradshaw [pre-game]: Divine intervention guided the ball into the receivers’ hands.

Terry Bradshaw [post-game]: The receiver broke off the pattern.

Normally I would have been rooting for Green Bay in this game, but today I wasn’t because I wanted to see an end to all that team-of-destiny, divine-intervention, dad-is-watching-from-above horse shit. As if losing a parent buys you a free ride to the superbowl. How the hell is that supposed to work anyway? Why didn’t god or dad guide that no-hope pass into the receiver’s hands?

That’s just the usual pandering to the fans. Even football fans are smarter than that shit.

Thanks Brett for the interception!

Brian Dawkins and Lito Sheppard rule! YES!..and of course, David Akers too.

I don’t even mind this. They got stopped 4th and less than one earlier (when they should have kicked, too). The Pack should have stopped them. They had the Eagles 4th and 26. Bastards.

Not really. The QB made a helluva pass, the receiver made a great catch, and the refs made a questionable call.

At least Dante didn’t pitch a rainbow to the other team. (Not that he couldn’t–or hasn’t.)

No, it was the Green Bile Pukers, and specifically Farv, that performed the ultimate choke job.

Never would’ve expected him to do that.

In defense of Favre, I think it is likely that the long-throw play that resulted in the interception had intended for the receiver to look around for the ball after it was thrown. That kind of play isn’t all that unusual; if all parties on the offense know what to expect, it can work.

In this case, it didn’t. Maybe Favre was only 1/2 of the problem.

I submit to you that not a single solitary one of us is payed to do what Brett Favre tried to do … whatever it was he was trying to do there, I dunno. He would have had better luck throwing a shot; it would probably have been touched first by an offensive lineman, who would have been called as an ineligible receiver.

[sub]Yes, I am tired of the “you couldn’t do it!” argument; why do you ask?;)[/sub]

At the end, the announcer was commenting that Brett wasn’t looking forward to the end of the season because he wouldn’t have football to keep his mind of his father being dead. Until the last minute they had to drag his dead father into this shit.

I believe that through some form of voodoo ritual Aaron Brooks, QB for the New Orleans Saints, managed to possess Brett and make that pass.

If Brett had only hit the ground the way he did when Michael Strahan ‘sacked’ him for the record.

Well, they were teammates.

Dude, they lost to friggin’ Arizona. With the playoffs on the line, they should win that game by 20.

That’s the past two years, you knuckle-dragger! We’ve only choked twice!

that was coooooolllllllldddddddddd!!!

Some points to add about the Packer breakdown.

The running game was there, Green set a franchise record for running yards in a playoff game. So did McNabb.

Where the hell were the tight ends?

Where the hell was the screen pass??

Where the hell were the DB`s when Pinkston caught the pass in the front corner of the endzone?

Why didn`t they all-out blitz on 4 and 26? and why were the recievers allowed to go unmolested down field 27 yards? (hint: the prevent defense prevents wins)

Why didn`t the Packers run the ball in overtime instead of throwing on first down?

They sacked McNabb 8 times and pressured him plenty, and he always got yards right up the middle. Why didn`t they adjust and send a late blitzer right up the middle??

So many what ifs.

And for chrissakes Favre, take off the friggin tape for the game. Your touch pass was off and I couldnt help but think that it had to do with the cold and the tape on the thumb. Its been two months, that thumb ain`t going to get any better or worse if you go one game without the tape on - sheeesh!

McNabb played a hell of a game. He deserved to win that game for his team, great guts.