Pizza with veggies, pizza with MEAT

Back when I worked overnight shift at ADT/Wells Fargo my best bud Matthew and I would order a white pizza with broccoli, onions and artichoke hearts. Why? Not because we were vegetarian or anything, but because when the restaurants close at 11, your lunch minute is around 3 am, you have to order takeout, put it in the fridge and nuke it when it is time to eat. if you get a regular red sauce, cheese, meat pizza oddly enough pieces would vanish out of the fridge despite everybody claiming that they didn’t steal a piece. Nothing like grumpy people coming back from a bathroom break complaining that ‘someone ordered a fucking dumbass veggie pizza … what kind of dumbass doesn’t get a normal pizza’ … :smiley:

I love olives, just not on pizza. I will happily scarf down as many olives as my nutritionist will let me get away with!

And nobody ordering for a group should put mushrooms on every fucking pizza - shrooms are actually a very common allergen and also a strong love/hate food item [slimy, tastes like mud, tastes like rotting veggies …] as are bell peppers [I actually actively dislike bell peppers and you can’t just pick the damned things off, they permanently taint whatever they are cooked on with their flavor]

Actually, last time a waitress told me that I could just pick the mushrooms off, I took my epipen out of my purse and told her that she could call the ambulance now so it would get there in time to keep me from dying. Oddly enough, they remade the damned pizza [white sauce, mozzarella, parm-reggiano, lots of garlic, artichoke hearts, red onion and sopresata. Try it, it is a great combination!]

Which is the problem for the OP, who only eats meat pizza. He won’t try veggie or cheese pizzas, so if others, in pizza party spirit, each try some all meat pizza, it leaves only the pizza he doesn’t like.

Cashews.

All my friends in college loved the local special pizza, which had ortega chilis, cashews, pepperoni, onions and sausage on it. Loved the pie, but the cashews ruined it. I always had to either pick them off or get my own order and seem snooty.

That’s when you ask them about the disappearing normal pizza. :wink:

I’m thoroughly confused by the idea of uneaten pizza. Nature abhors uneaten pizza and I do not believe such a thing exists.

When ordering from the neighbourhood pizza place, I normally get onions and black olives, plus either bacon, sausage or hamburger.

But my real favourite is pizza quattro stagioni

Yeah, I don’t get it either. When we order pizza, nothing is left. Ever.

Am I to understand that you were in a restaurant and received the wrong toppings on your pie, and when you pointed it out to the waitress SHE ACTUALLY TOLD YOU TO JUST PICK IT OFF OF THE PIZZA?!?

If this is true, it is one of the most incredible “shitty restaurant server” stories of all-time, which around here on the good ol’ SDMB (where I have to believe many such stories are grossly exaggerated if not made up out of while cloth) is really saying something.

ETA—I just noticed you said “the last time” that this happened to you; Does that mean this has actually transpired on more than one occasion?

“Whole cloth” not “While cloth”…:smack:

Yup. I am deathly allergic to mushrooms, to the point where I carry an epi-pen. I have been handed salads where they have obviously picked the large pieces of shroom, but you can still see the little crumbs. I have been given pizza and told to pick off the shrooms [and bell peppers, green assrings of the devil that they are. The juices rendered out by coking flavors whatever they come in contact with. Major vomit inducing flavor to me.] and I have been given a steak topped with sauteed shrooms that the waitron took back and washed the shrooms off and flipped it back on the flat top to rewarm it. I love restaurants where you can see into the kitchen.

Some people refuse to understand that an allergy can still kill you even if you remove or wash off the substance. I am absolutely clear when I ask if mushrooms are used in any form in whatever I am ordering. I prefer to avoid dying.

I don’t have food allergies, but I haven’t eaten any meat for nearly 20 years. If I ordered a pizza with olives and peppers, and it came out with olives and pepperoni, I would politely tell the server about the mix-up, no problem.

If she then looked at me and told me that I should just pick off the pepperoni, I would probably take the pizza and throw it on the floor (topping side down, for maximum mess) and calmly walk out the door.

I can’t fathom such a level of poor service at a place of business, and won’t abide it under any circumstances.

I don’t think you have to worry about sharing that :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have allergies but I do have strong dislikes and the belief that I should get what I ordered. When I get something prepared incorrectly I make a cut in it so they can’t just rinse it off or whatever. I would be seriously pissed off if I got the response that you did.