POLL: Orgasm contractions

Ever since reading this, I have been curious.

I typically have 12 - 15 contractions per orgasm, which would put me in the 20-30 second range. (No comment on source…)

Do men really only average 6 seconds? How many contractions (in the male, a release = contraction, I guess) do you dopers average?

Oh, dear… here I go with TMI.

Probably about 5 to 6 contractions. I dunno. It also depends on how long I’ve been going at it. The longer, the more contractions.

• s.e.

Are we differentiating the full orgasmic contractions from the aftershocks?

Well, let’s say quivering doesn’t count, but a contraction that is non-producing does…

Org’sm

3-5. Does the fact that I temporarily lose the ability to walk have any bearing on this conversation? During an episode of Loveline, Adam Corrola once commented “Women are raring to go after one romp in the sack. Guys are like a newborn lamb.”

5-7 by myself…10+ when im with another man …:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve never counted. Just a sec…

Eight, but it’s been a long week and I’m kinda tired.

This sounds like an interesting topic for research; we’ll get our best men on it right away.

Along these lines, I put a post in here somewhere the last couple of days about a new pharmaceutical, Cabergolin, initially designed for Parkinsons, which may increase male stamina and the ability to have multiple orgasms. The drug works by supressing the amount of prolactine in the subject. Researchers had observed a rise in prolactine in men after orgasm and inferred that perhaps the prolactine inhibited the ability to continue with performance. In test subjects prolactine levels are reduced. They also reported a better orgasm and shorter refractory period.
I do wonder how you get so sign up for these sorts of studies.