Possible ways Lucas will screw up Episode Three:

What they should do is have a guest appearance by the USS Enterprise. It could blow up a Star Destroyer, and then a Giant Cosmic SPOOFE[sup]TM[/sup] could destroy everything out of sheer contempt.

THAT would be a movie.

Ok, I can’t stand it. Where is this quote from?

Lumpy was his son from the Christmas special. Itchy was his father.

I wish I were kidding.

Justin

The Simpsons episode with the Critic crossover. Rainier “McBain” Wolfcastle was on Jay Sherman’s show, and Jay insulted him, but he didn’t realize until the next day, when he comes after Jay. Jay tells him his shoes are untied.
“From up here, they appear to be tied, but I will go in for a closer look.”
Jay hops in a cab, day turns to night, and
“Upon closer inspection, these are loafers.”

And misses. From two feet away.

[li]After getting it wrong for years, the Emperor passes an edict declaring that a parsec is a unit of time. He doesn’t care which one.[/li][li]Chewie is introduced as Luke and Leia’s nanny.[/li][li]Chewie is also revealed to be the grandfather of the Ewoks. All of them.[/li][li]Biggs and Wedge are orphans left on Jar Jar’s doorstep. Jar Jar sends them to Tatooine on a rocket moments before Naboo is destoyed by the Emperor testing the Death Star’s main weapon.[/li][/ul]

At the coronation of the new Emperor, Palpatine the 1st, I give you, the all singing, all dancing, gungan chorus line! Take it away boys!

Better yet: Chewie is revealed to be an ewok, and all his appearances in the first three movies are re-edited with CG to make him three feet tall.

Ok, I’m going to take alot of shit for saying this if anyone remembers a certain past thread of mine, but I just have to say that this is THE single funniest thing I have ever read on the boards. Now, as to not be a total hypocrite, I’ll add my own Ways for Lucas to screw up Episode III:
-Lucas is fed up with puny actors and decides to make the entire film computer generated.

-Amidala meets some guy at a night club and the whole “I am your father” thing turns out to be just a joke to mess with Luke’s head.

-Jar Jar gets a lightsaber.

No no no no. There are so many potential ways this could turn out to be good.

-Jar Jar defeats yoda in a fair one on one fight with a lightsaber.
Yoda is forced to surrender to the might of Binks, and has to retreat to some swampy old planet.
Jar Jar then takes control of the Jedi resulting in all their deaths…

And now for something completely different. Here’s my non-joking opinion on how Lucas will screw up Episode Three.

Back before Phantom Menace was released, I posted that Lucas was facing a problem. Since he announced there would not be a third concluding trilogy, he is going to release the third chapter of his saga chronologically last.

Now we’ve all seen Star Wars and we know how what is now the fourth chapter begins; the Jedis are destroyed, Darth Vader and the Emperor rule the universe, Luke’s mother is dead, and things are rotten. And in order to start from there, Lucas will have to end his next movie at the lowest possible point. The final release of Lucas’ saga should basically be a two hour spectacular of watching everything good be crushed and all the heroes defeated.

Now my guess is that when Lucas is actually staring down the barrel, he’s going to flinch. He can say whatever he wants about this being the third chapter, but in the real world this is the last movie and he’s not going to want to end it on a downer. In my opinion, Lucas is going to screw up episode three and the series as a whole by trying to retroactively rewrite his own history. He’s going to muck up the plotline of the series so that his last movie will somehow have a happy ending.

My guess is that he will have a happy ending. ESB, while the darkest of the bunch so far, still had (most of) the good guys getting away at the end. I’m guessing that things will look really bad for everyone then Luke, Leia, Obi Wan and Yoda all improbably make it out.

Of course since we know how it’s all suppose to end the cliffhanger is a bit less suspenseful.

STAR WARS EPISODE III

a Roger Corman production

directed by Joel Schumacher

story by George Lucas

written by George Lucas and Stephen Ratliffe

starring

Ahmed Best as Jar-Jar Binks
with

Kevin Costner as Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wil Wheaton as Anakin Skywalker
Pamela Anderson Lee as Senator Amidala
Michael Jackson as Mace Windu
Ariana Richards as Captain Marisa Picard
Charleton Heston as the voice of Yoda
Harvey Fierstein as the voice of Darth Vader
Hugh Grant as C-3PO

featuring the music of Mariah Carey, Puff Daddy, Oingo Boingo, Barenaked Ladies, and Public Enemy. Soundtrack available on CBS records.

And, of course, the opening crawl…

“A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there lived a race of people, the DRUIDS. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing. But their legacy remains, hewn into the living rock, of STONEHENGE.”

Geez Fish, whatever you are on, please share it with the rest of us. :smiley:

Fish; you forgot the title: Episode III, Zombies of the Stratosphere

[Shatner]
MUST…KILL…VADER…
[/shatner]

A little crossover might be fun, I think Georke Takei (Sulu) would make a great imperial officer, maybe a star destroyer captain.

Very simple: by making the movie, having someone else make the movie, or by not preventing the making of the movie any way he can.

majinborg to Enterprise, one to beam out.

Can’t believe no one’s thought of this:

Star Wars Episode III: Birth of an Empire

Screenplay by: Joe Eszterhas

Directed by: Paul Verhoeven

I think the only thing that will save Episode 3 is to have a silhouette of Joel, Tom Servo and Crow in the foreground.

Bloody hell Fish. You got me on that one. LOL!

I only WISH they would put something like that in. THAT, I would pay for. :slight_smile:

Too funny.