Postcards from Strainger (Telluride, CO)

Apologies to Falcon and Diane for stealing their idea.

As Revtim knows, I’m heading up to Telluride, CO tomorrow for a long weekend of blues and brews. Looking at the schedule, I see there will be some time between 8 and 10 each night where I can get to the souvenir shop and purchase some postcards. If you would like to be one of the lucky Teeming Millions to receive a postcard from the one-and-only Strainger, send your snail mail address to my email and I’ll get a postcard out to you (I promise to only use your address for good and not evil). If I don’t get any responses, either here or in my email inbox, I shall feel rejected and cry my big ol’ brown puppy eyes out.

One thing though – I’m heading out tomorrow at noon my time (noon PDT, 3:00 PM EDT) so get your requests to me by then.

I am sitting here thinking, “should I or shouldn’t I, I live here in the state but then again a postcard from Strainger might be kind of neat.”

Well, should I or shouldn’t I?

You should. Everyone should, including Alpine, who lives in Telluride.

And for an extra $19.95 you can get an autographed picture of Strainger in a belly dancing outfit.

Hey! Were is everybody going?? Hey! Come back!!

tehe

I could have that picture blown up to full poster size.

whooo hooooo

< guess what might show up at next years Vegas Dopefest >

Thanks for the idea Strainger!

Damn! I woke up this morning thinking “Next week at this time I’ll be heading to Telluride!”

Instead of a postcard, just buy me a beer at a local tavern. I’ll pick it up when I get there. :wink:

BTW, Strainger, I’m on for the Phoenix Dopefest. Who else is in?

You don’t need to belly dance for us, Strainger. Really you don’t. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

On the other hand, I would really like a postcard from you! I’ll add it to my growing collection of SDMB postcards. :smiley:

Hope you have a great time there!

{{{{{{Strainger}}}}}}

See, Strainger, I tell you [woeful voice]I’m so busy at work, I can’t post to the Board [/end woeful voice] and here I get myself caught up and find your thread!

I’ll pick up my postcard in person when hubby and I hopefully hook up with you next week for dinner (our treat!). Anyone else want to come? (can’t buy everyone dinner - just bought a new house - that’s my story and stickin’ to it) If you do, email Strainger and he’ll give you the story.

I have a good friend that lives in Telluride (worked with him at the evil software company). Great guy! Been meaning to get out there - the week we’ll be in the area is the week he’ll be in Michigan. Figures!

Or email me and I’ll give you the story. shouldn’t put the onus on poor Strainger!

PS Strainger - wouldja mind timing yourself to tell me how long it takes to go from Phoenix to Telluride? I may be in need of this information in a few weeks.

Thankee!

Me me me me me me me me!

I want one!

:slight_smile:

Careful, techchick, we actually want people to show up for the Dopefest, not run away screaming.

Athena, I think we can count on Padeye being there. I’ll try to get lucie and DarkHeart to show as well. The Phoenix Doper population is pretty low. I’m going to give you a preliminary estimate of 8-8 1/2 hours driving time. I’ve driven from Gilbert to Dolores a few times and it has taken me about 8 1/2 hours. Scottsdale is about 1/2 hour closer to Colorado than Gilbert. What date will be best for you for the Phoenix gathering?

Don’t worry, BunnyGirl, I don’t mind getting the information out to whoever’s interested in the Route 66 get-together.

Everyone’s request has been noted. Looks like I have some postcards to purchase. Whoo-hoo!

Woo hoo postcards! Put psycat and I down for one ok? Addy is on its way. Thanks!

Have a great time Jeff!

I want one!!! Pleasepleaseplease. My address is . . . .

In your e-mail in-basket. :wink:

Have fun, and report back!

Postcards from Colora…Strainger. I want one. :jumping up and down waving arms:

I’m emailing you my address now.

Athena,

My brother used to go to ASU and made the trip to Scottsdale from Colorado Springs (via New Mexico) in 13 hours. Add another hour and a half via that route.

Are you leaving directly from Telluride or driving from Longmont?

Sorry that would have been Tempe, no big deal since it’s all part of the Phoenix area I spose.

(My great-aunt lives in Scottsdale)

Oh! Oh! I wanna, too! LOVE Colorado! Saw the Million Dollar Highway in Sept. '96. BeYOOtiful!

Sure, I’d like to get something real in my mail for a change.

(Address is in the mail.)

Maybe you could try to find one with a belly dancer on it …

OK, my email seems to be kind of funky the last couple of days, but here are the ones I have the addresses of so far:

activgurl
Jodi
techchick
rjk
SmoothOperator

If you haven’t sent your address yet and want a postcard, make sure you do so! (Of course, I can always just send a postcard to you after I get back.)