Posting while inebriated..any rules to follow?

Ignorance fought, thank you :wink:

Sounds like you’ve been to Jeni’s before. :smiley:

They’re one of our clients and I find it criminal that we don’t get free samples.

Shoehorn butterhorse.

Why the hell would you post here sober?

I haven’t been to Jeni’s, but I bought a few pints at the grocery store ($9.99 a pint!!!) and I bought her cookbook when Border’s went out of business. So far I’ve made the salted caramel, the basic base with a jar of dark chocolate/raspberry sauce swirled in, and the Gorgonzola Dolce. Just froze up the pear sorbet, and next week it’ll be pistachio or the goat cheese with roasted cherries. Or the cream cheese ice cream from this month’s Southern Living Magazine.

I am chastened. But since you want the salacious details…there were no jammies, I never made my bed in the morning so it wasn’t made at night, I Skype’d with the SO before he sent me off to sleep (so you can imagine anything you’d like), I wisely do not keep ex’s numbers in my phone because I know my limits, and while I did stagger to the bathroom, I have no idea if I used the toothbrush or not. And I didn’t have jammies on then, either! So there!

Oh, and I’m enjoying a frozen blackberry merlot right now.

It can be the best of times; it can be the worst of times. The worst is much more likely, but the best of times sure are fun too. In any case, there’s only one way to find out!

This.

To read in horror what you posted the night before while drunk, issue appropriate retractions, apologies and to check if you’ve been warned/banned. Duh.

:slight_smile:

I ma knot under the affluance of incahol as some thinkle peep i are…hic

Like I read in a Facebook post: I am not slurring my words, I’m speaking in cursive.

stone cold sober and I can’t find the spell check.

:frowning:

Write whatever you want… just don’t hit “Submit Reply”. :slight_smile:

Don’t get offended if someone asks you if you were posting drunk.

Horseshoe butterhorn…

Now I want to make pastries.

I have no useful advice for posting while intoxicated, because although I can type in my sleep, regularly type out what I’m actually SAYING with my fingers, and have been doing so for over 30 years…I can’t type while drunk. I…just cannot do it.

So I’m lucky. :slight_smile:

By the way, KittenBlue, do not ever post where you live when drunk. Or sober.
Because I will be there raiding your delicious wine-cabinet before you can say “Hey, where’s my booze?!”
That all sounds SO delicious; share recipes if you have them, pretty please? It will reduce the possibility of booze-thieves :slight_smile:

Rule #1 is don’t puke into your keyboard.

Don’t be like me and mix up ‘bookmark all tabs’ with ‘close all other tabs’. I blame Firefox for putting them right next to each other.

Right here.

That’s a trend around here–finding posts incomprehensible that aren’t at all. Maybe we just have better understanding of crazy posts than most.

I thought some parts of the post were as tactile as what’s considered “good writing.” At least Charles “Barwoszzkiii”…Barfly and Hunter S. Thompson would be proud.