Problems getting to just one web site, just from my home network

Just for the last two days I have been having problems getting to this web site from my home. It doesn’t matter if I use my home desktop or my work laptop; wifi or ethernet cable; Chrome, Firefox, or IE; the page times out. I try the same site using my laptop from work, the car repair shop wifi, and even my phone’s wifi hotspot, it comes up like lightning.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

This happens between some of my customers and my Web servers some times. We lease virtual servers in Kansas.

A block of IPs will get blacklisted on their firewall for slamming the network, then NO ONE from the block of IPs - usually from a big ISP - can get to my sites. The other day it happened with Time Warner and I got 3 calls about it, which is a lot because we’ve got fewer than 100 clients.

Anyway, if that’s the problem, you can either wait it out or contact the site owner and let them know. Tell them your ISP and your IP (the one that can’t connect…use www.whatismyipaddress.com) and see if they can help you.

Try using a proxy.

I am on a couple of blacklists. I contacted my ISP (Verizon FiOS) but they were useless. I did sent a note to an admin on the target site and we’ll see what I find out.

I have been aware of these but never had occasion to use one. My site popped right up, thank you!

You’re welcome.