Psst...wanna see some kitty pictures?

As long as you know that he was sent by the other cats to steal your soul!

Muahahaha!

Same beast, different poses. :slight_smile: He has many personalities.

I’ll go to extremes. Our oldest cat, Nermal, age 19 years.

Our youngest cat, Dali, age 14 weeks.

We are thinking that we may need to take Dali to the vet for cuteness reduction surgery.

Your one cat looks just like my Emily, DeadlyAccurate. We call her the Boss because she can chew us out in no uncertain terms when we fail to live up to her high demands, which is daily. I fear she’s given up on Papa Tiger altogether as an utterly untrainable slave; she just gives him the stinkeye whenever he approaches her now. She’s a wonderful and hilarious kittycat!

KITTIES!

Our brood is legion. Allow me to make introductions.

Tilly. She’s a kitten at heart. Still loves to chase string and laser pointers, and loves absolutely nothing more in this world than a good, long skritch in the fur. She’ll nuzzle you and rub up against your legs and fall asleep in your lap if given half the chance. She can be antagonistic towards the other cats if she’s in a foul mood, however.

Charlie is the male. He’s rather large and doesn’t so much meow as bark. He also seems to like to sit like a human when grooming himself. He’s just about the friendliest, suckiest cat you’ll ever meet – really just a big teddy bear. (The kitten in this last picture was a guest – part of a trio of kitties MindWife found abandoned in a cardboard box left in a shopping cart on a chilly, rainy day a couple of years ago. She rescued them and we spent the next week taking pictures and finding loving homes for them.)

Dutchess is just about as typical a cat as you can get. Standoffish, she’ll come and nuzzle you or sleep in your lap and let you pet her when she damn well pleases and not before. She can also get bitchy when in a foul mood, and she’s rather talkative when she’s alone. She absolutely loves being groomed with a hairbrush.

Then there’s Patches. She’s the eldest and the biggest suck ever to walk the Earth. She’ll paw at whatever part of your body is closest when she wants some attention, and she’s very persistent. She’s very princessly, too; she rarely likes eating in the same spot twice and often will want her food dish moved mid-meal.

I need new cats. I love my kids, but they’re the same old cats when I get to these threads, Anyway, here’s the Casa los Bus Gatos:

Evil, Fat Scarlett welcoming her new monkey overlords

Scarlett is the lone female. She is, as you may have guessed, both Evil and Fat. As a kitten, she was taught to play rough. She enjoys a good paw/hand boxing match, and is not averse to grabbing your hand and making like a drumstick with it. Mortals fear her, hemophiliacs should avoid her.

Truthfully though, she is a wonderful lap cat and very affectionate when she wants to be.

Her, giving a younger Cuervo the Evil Eye

Marty is perhaps the most relaxed, most tolerant cat ever. He’s 13, and has the distinction of having known every other cat we’ve ever had. He was the third cat we had, after Ernie - The Best Cat Ever, and Erica were 9 years old and we thought the house needed new blood. Actually, as I recall now, we went to look for a goldfish and came back with him.

Speaking of Erica , she was the first cat the Wife and I had. We rescued her from pet store hell, on the very day that we leanred we were expecting the Kid. She was a beauty and when we finally put her to sleep in 2005, the grandest Diva in the land.

Which brings us to the famous Cuervo

He was like this when I adopted him as a 3 week old, having had his little life saved by Doc and her crew. A nice view of him, pre-neutering.

With the girlfriend , and yes, that is what he’s doing with her. You ought to see him trying that now that he’s all grown up.

He is unbelievably attached to me, and only me. The Wife says it’s because only I spoil him, but I think it goes back to the first few weeks he was at our house, when he was still quarantined and I was the one feeding and playing with him on the floor of the spare bathroom where he lived. I think he thinks I’m his mom.

Here’s one of my calico girls, Max.

Here’s my other calico girl, Feather (she’s a dilute calico).

This is my favourite picture of both of them, sunbathing in my room.

Here’s Max being a big sucky with her daddy (she’s his cat, no doubt about it).

Just a few quick pictures of our lovely little kittens, Dawa (the tabby siamese) and Nyima (the tabby oriental). The pictures aren’t the clearest because they’re so active that when they’re sleeping is about the only time we can photograph them.

Awwwww…they’re so cute! And not spoiled at all! Hard-working contributors to the household…that’s what they are!

Oh, trust me, we know. But he’s a little too lazy for soul-stealing; I can usually distract him with kitty treats. He’s moved up to bed-stealing; I suppose in a few years he might actually get around to the reaping of souls.

~Tasha

Oh, yeah, I got me some kitties.

Snickers (the calico) and Biscuit, the day I brought them home from the shelter:

A couple of months later:

Last weekend:

Samrys helping my husband play video games. A less squeeful, but better picture of our Sammi-Sam is here.

Patches, the sweetest kitty ever. And dim. Not bright at all. Or graceful. But we loves her!

Charlie - this picture speaks volumes as to how she actually feels about her hairless monkey slaves. I got her from an abusive situation, starved, normally soft fur feeling all wiry, untrustful, and now for me - and only me - she’s a ball of loveness. The rest of the world she treats like that.

Cheers,
G

Oh, my Gosh! Where do you people keep getting these torties?!?!?! I adore torties. My first cat, Scamper was one. (Sorry, no pictures, it was pre-digital.) I do love my calico, though.

AWWW!!! Cuties! Can I come live with you?

We got our tortie, Cyndi, when a friend found a scared, cold, hungry kitty cowering in the dark on a construction site. The friend figured that since we had a bunch of cats, maybe we could use another. He was right.

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I don’t have a cute cat. Or a sweet cat. Or even a passably decent cat. I’m gonna share anyway. Please make sure the children are out of the room. And the pregnant should refrain from clicky. And the infirm- and maybe those who ate Thai for dinner. Just… if you have any doubts about your health, your sanity, or your faith, don’t click.

send help

There are more pics in the album. If you dare…

One of mine came from a cat store. Another was adopted from a no-kill shelter. I love torties. They’re easily the most beautiful cats in the world. My parents also have one, known affectionately as “She of the little head,” because she looks like her head keeps shrinking in proportion to her body.

I know I’ve done this before, and the pictures are always the same (I don’t have many uploaded) but what the heck…

This is Bree . Her nicknames are Bubba and Breester. She’s closer to 5 than 4, and we adopted her from the wonderful Hamilton-Burlington SPCA. Her hobbies are sleeping, eating, sleeping, meowing at us, sleeping, and begging for permission to drink water out of the bathroom faucet. She’s a tap water junkie… it’s almost pathetic sometimes. Occasionally we can soothe her with an ice cube in her water bowl, but she always keeps going back to the tap. She’s our little masked monster, though maybe not so little, but I swear to you, it’s all hair!

This is Oreo. He’s not actually ours - he belongs to our aunt and stayed with us for a couple of weeks. He pretty much lived under the bed (he’s a big old scaredy cat, even in his own home!) We just love the resemblance to our Bubba!

And this little terror is Boris. He belongs to my sister. He basically chose her… she was cleaning cages at the Humane Society and he just meowed and meowed at her, then cuddled up when she opened his cage. When he first met her dog, he immediately started rubbing against his legs, and they’ve been best buddies ever since. He. Never. Shuts. Up. though. Just talks up a storm, all day long.

I love these kitten threads!

Here’s a sweet pic of three baby kittens that we bottle-fed from infancy. This was our first experience with being surrogate cat-parents.