Put your first name into Google; how far do you have to go before you don't recognise the person?

I put my first name in and I was surprisingly happy with the results. Very uplifting, actually!

First!

Colin Strause, a VFX guy on X-Men: Wolverine.

Why he came in ahead of Firth or Farrell I have no idea.

Got that one too – I skipped the links that weren’t people.

Jessica brings up a very true Urban Dictionary entry, the Allman brothers song “Jessica” then several cool famous people named Jessica like Jessica Williams and Jessica Chastain. And Jessica Simpson.

Then is Jessica Hische who is apparently the third best Jessica on Twitter. She is a famous “letterer.” Like, a type designer. No shit!

Then comes me and alll my friends named Jessica who are on Google +. There are a lot of us. (These are clearly custom search results. My friends wouldn’t end up on your search. YMMV)

Using the Spanish spelling I get a wiki article that’s for a kidnapping case involving a little girl whose name wasn’t spelled the same way as mine. I know the case, but I never met the girl. Then two videos by some singer I don’t know. Then a BnB.

With the English spellings I get a song which I knew. With the French one I get an American writer, pleasedtameetchama’am.

A google search of my name brings up the Denise Okuda, a person I’ve never heard of, who is the co-author of the Star Trek Encyclopedia, and then Denise Richards and Denise Austin, both of whom I’m familiar with.

Mine has extremely complimentary definitions until #13, which states that Denise:

My real first name is Charles. I got Charles Schwab, then Charles, Prince of Wales, then some guy who’s an author and speaker that I never heard of.

However, the only people who call me Charles are my sister and SWMBO when she’s really pissed off. Everyone calls me Chuck. So I put in Chuck, thinking I’d get tons of hits on Chuck Norris. Instead, it starts out with some douchbag TV show called Chuck, and then no one that I knew until I showed up at the end of the list.

First entry is the Wiki for the name origin.

Second entry…well, I had no idea that Cynthia is the name of a Pokemon character.

A similar game is, if you plug in just your first name, how many until YOU show up? I stopped at five pages; I have a brother who shows up as the first hit.

Jill.

I get link and link of Jill Duggar. Yuck!

Somewhere about halfway down the second page I came across someone called Elizabeth Weil. I guess she is an ultra-marathoner who does Twitter because it was her Twitter account.

The very first one, I did not recognize. I am apparently Welsh.

I recognized only 1 person on the first page

I can’t even find an actual person - it’s just some computer programs, a flower, a musical, etc.

Paula. None of the first page. Paula Deen was the second name on the second page.

Jobs (fairly predictable)
Irwin (ditto)
Minecraft Steve
Steve Wright (British DJ)
Seasick Steve (hairy muso)

Wtf is a ‘Minecraft Steve’? I nearly had a whole page I knew, except the last entry was a professor at Cardiff U.

Gwendolen goes directly to fictional Gwendolens (Hi, Gwendolen Fairfax!) and the definition and meaning of the name.

Middle of page 2 starts real-life Gwendolens I don’t recognize.

And a ship!

And Urban Dictionary!
A lady with a dark side, amazing smile to match her personality, hot body to rock your world, always in your fantasies, yet uncageable.

Ha!

First one I recognized was a Canadian Comedian at #4

He was followed by a 49er QB and a former Secretary of State.

BTW #1 was a zombie movie :dubious:

I got all the way to the end of the second page before I didn’t recognize an entry (some charlatan selling leadership conference advice) - before that I recognized actors, historical figures, athletes, a store, and a local restaurant all with my first name.

By the way Urban Dictionary said: “A very cool guy who makes everyone laugh. Once you meet him, you will want to be his friend right away. He is super cute and very good-looking. He has amazing taste…in music, clothes, food, everything. Every girl secretly wishes that he could be her boyfriend…mainly because he recently broke up with his girlfriend…mainly because everyone knows that he likes commitment…mainly because he is sweet and knows how to treat a girl…mainly because however strange and wierd he may be, he’s perfect. In his own little way, he is perfect.”

Spot on.

The content of Urban dictionary is created by the users, and are kept relevant (as far as I am aware) only by other users up- and downvoting the entries. A lot of people have realised that there’s not much to stop them from inputting a very flattering description of their lovers (or themselves). I’m pretty sure all of those flattering descriptions you find when you look up a name are written by actual people, about other actual people. And since people generally get a kick out of reading such things about themselves and people they like, the entries get heavily upvoted.

You can see the date they were submitted and the user name of whoever submitted them. One of the people writing about my name styled herself Peter’s Girl; I’m sure you can guess what my name is.