Put your modesty away, and share

OK, folks what little silly, or not so silly things do you want to share about yourself? Tell us what talents or gifts nature has bestowd upon you. What achievements have you made.

What about me, you ask! How kind of you. Well I don’t like to talk about myself, but I’ll share.

I have never had a cavity, braces, or any other dental issues. I have never flossed, brush in the morning and before bed, and eat and drink pop and junkfood with the best of them. My teeth are straight and lovely. :slight_smile:

I have 20/40 vision (thats the good one right?).

I am hung like a horse :0. (J/k…or am I?)

I always win at Trivial Pursuit.

The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me. The distinction is
yours to draw…

Omniscient; BAG

Okay, I’ll play.

I have small teeth, and despite brushing and flossing, have had 12 cavities in my lifetime. No new ones in 5 years, though. But…I cracked a tooth chowing on Grape Nuts instead.

I have 20/15 vision. I can crack any joint in my body. I know ASL. The only person I’ve ever lost a game of Trivial Pursuit (playing one-on-one, not teams) to is my boyfriend. I am a very low alto, with a bottom note of the C below Middle C. I published my first short story in a national magaizine at 16. I once did 72 sit-ups in a minute. I have feet so flat I leave a complete foot outline for a footprint.

And stuff.

“Me fail English? That’s unpossible!”

“English? Who needs that? I’m never going to England.”

Omniscient, please let me be the first to say that while I have a great respect for your opinion (got a nice little debate going in GD), the things you said here about your teeth just made me hate you. :wink:

As for me, well, I’ve had two full term pregnancies, and I’m in the home stretch for my third (and FINAL). I’ve had two short labors, and no morning sickness. Before any women get mad at me…I’ve had chronic back pain, heartburn, and gas. The pregnancy goddesses are fair.

I also make really good spaghetti sauce :slight_smile:

Well I have never failed to impress anyone with my Jeopardy abilities. I tell people this and we sit down and watch and ill get 90% of the answers. And they are impressed cause they didn’t believe me.

Well thats my dumb little claim to fame!

By far, my most useful skill is that I can imitate a “dubbed guy”, like in a kung-fu or Godzilla movie. I can talk and my lips have nothing to do with what I’m saying.

I’ve a seen a couple comedians do this, and I’m WAY better.

Well, this is the ultimate SD thread, isn’t it? I’ve just been noticing what a narcissistic bunch we all are, and how obsessed with talking about what WE like, want, do think, etc. Now we’re down to the ultimate.

Okay…I’m as self-involved as anybody, maybe more so.

I’m tall, and I like it. Wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m also heavy, which now I would like to go away, although I have no regrets that I have been that way most of my life. It formed my character and experiences, and I think it made me a wiser, more compassionate person than I might otherwise have been.

I don’t like most people, they bore me. I’ll take a good book over just about anyone except the few I’ve chosen. But those few are precious and adored, and I’d do anything for them.

I’m a great lay…again, I think it’s because of many things, but being heavy had something to do with it. Hate to say it, but we try harder. Can’t tell you how many men have told me that the gorgeous women they slept with couldn’t hold a candle to me…they thought all they had to do was show up. Silly girls… (One lover even pestered me for years to help produce a video “How to Give the Perfect Blowjob” -teach babes how, and supervise.)

In any given group of ten or more people, I’m probably going to be the 1st or 2nd smartest person in the room. Unless it’s a gathering of rocket scientists.

I’m an auto-didact. (Self-taught person). For all intents and purposes, I pretty much bailed on school around 7th grade. I officially bailed in 11th, after failing everything for 5 years. It’s hard to pass when you’re never there. But I did go back to junior college and studied philosophy, sociology, psychology, journalism and broadcasting. Maintained a 4.0 with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back. If I hadn’t screwed up high school so badly I might have enjoyed the challenge of university.

I can’t sing, but I can dance. Natural rhythm, doncha know. I can’t paint or draw to save my life, but I have a pretty good eye for what’s lovely. I’m a Deco fanatic. I love to garden. I LOVE to swim. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would probably be in the Hollywood hills, I consider Hollywood my home town. If I could live anywhere in the world and take everyone I love with me, it would probably be Manhattan hald the year, and maybe Greece the rest.

I want to learn photography. Black and white. (See my website). I want to live to be 150, if I can stay relatively healthy and fit and have Chris beside me.

I am working on the Great American Novel.

I was a comic…I was pretty good, excpt I bored myself after doing the same material 3 times, and I wasn’t prolific enough to deal with that.

I have to stop… I could go on for far too long and no one would read it. Maybe no one is anyway.

Stoid

PS: I created the single most delightful and orginal funny answering machine message ever. Too bad that’s passe, and there’s no audio here.

I am #1. Everyone else is #2 or lower.

Damn! Talk about a hard act to follow!

I can type 120 wpm (last tested on an old electric typewriter, can probably do better on the PC keyboards)

Have had four healthy babies – gained 12 lbs with the last one, he weighed 9’ 6" and was about 45 minutes from water breaking to easy delivery - once joked that I should just breed for a living (this was before people actually started doing it) – and the last baby potty-trained himself by his first birthday. (Didn’t even wet at night.)

We have almost 2000 employees and I’ll bet I know half of their I.D. numbers – it amazes them. In fact, sometimes I’ll ask for the I.D.number first, cuz I don’t know their names. See, we have tons of Mikes and Barbs, but only one 3795 or 4609. Make sense?

I have infinite patience. Never raise my voice or get noticeably upset (but can and will raise hell if I see someone being mistreated).

I can usually find something helpful or funny to say to someone when it seems they could use it.

I have never hit anyone in my entire lifetime. I love my job and wouldn’t take a promotion if it were handed to me on a silver platter. I actually UNDERSTOOD the Illuminati Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson.
And sexually speaking, I can do more with my tongue than any three of you can do with your whole bodies.
To anybody.

I give wonderful gifts. I give better gifts than anyone I know. I have a great memory for names and faces, dates, and phone numbers. I type 70 words per minute, but only when I have to. At home, I relax it to a cool 55 or so, because my tendonitis has been acting up. I have a wonderful knack for mixing patterns/styles and putting together unexpected colour combinations when it comes to getting dressed or decorating. I have a denim hat with flowers embroidered on it. I don’t know anyone else who does. Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent (varied dialects). I can also do Spanish, Minnesotan, Canadian, southern, various New England, valley girl, Indian (dots, not feathers), Gaelic, and Australian. I keep the Koolaid and the juice pitcher full at all times. I’m a great dancer, and I can sing along very well with Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Poe, etc. as long as I don’t have to go too high and as long as nobody else is around. I’m gorgeous from the shoulders up. I have good taste. I don’t claim any religion but I think I’m a spiritual person. I have pretty feet. I know all of Madonna’s songs by heart and I would win VH1’s My Generation, regardless of what decade (80’s or 90’s) I’m playing for. I’m a relatively good writer. I always buy things from kids and people who invite me to Tupperware/MaryKay/Pampered Chef parties, even if I don’t really want anything. I share my lawyer’s, doctor’s and mechanic’s business cards with people who ask if I know of a good lawyer/doctor/mechanic. I can sing phonetically and nobody knows that I don’t actually know the words. I’m clever. I’m honest. I’m a cool auntie. I know my weaknesses and I try to improve upon them. I know my strengths and I try to display them. I am generous. I am openhearted. I gave birth to the cutest child the world has ever seen, ever will see. I know how to spell supercalafragalisticexpialidocious. Etc.

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue.

I can juggle four balls (maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned that right after the tongue thing…).

I lost my first two games of Scrabble and haven’t lost any since; I’m disappointed if I don’t get at least double the other player’s points.

I decided when I graduated college that I was going to be a web designer, even though I’d never even used HTML or a computer graphics program, but I kept learning while I worked cruddy jobs and I MADE IT.

I have an compact Oxford English Dictionary, the kind with the <font size=1>teeny tiny</font> print that comes with its own magnifying glass so you can read all 2,386 pages of 4 point font.

I kick ass on standardized tests.

And I like being called “Gaudere” rather than “Gaudy” (::grumble:: take a fine latin name and make it mean “cheap and tawdry” ::grumble: :slight_smile: :wink:

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei

So you’re looking for full-blown bragging?

Hmmm…well, I had all A’s in my undergrad work at the university except for one B. Many professors tried to convince me to major in their field (I remember astronomy and political science professors, in particular). I hate math but had one math prof tell me that I was the best student she ever had. I had a 4.0 GPA in my major field, Sociology. My senior year at uni, I won the James E DeBurger Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research and the Harold Yeager Award for Outstanding Academic Performance by a Graduating Senior. I graduated summa cum laude.

I have talent in the art department. In particular, I can draw. I’ve never really developed it but it’s there. I especially enjoyed doing displays while working at the record store and I won several contests doing so. I definitely have an eye for displaying merchandise :).

I can astound almost anyone I know with the amount of music knowledge I have (especially in the genres of rock and pop) but, hey, I’ve worked at a record store and 2 radio stations.

There are plenty of bad things about me and don’t think I’m unaware of them. I’ll talk about those in the “Tell us all the crappy things about you” thread ;).

I taught myself how to play cribbage. I have tons of spelling awards (although I’m lazy now and make a typo once in awhile). I make a mean lasagna. I’m the make-up expert at work. :slight_smile: I’ve never had a hangover. And I just bought a Beanie Babie a couple of days ago and just found out that it’s worth about $60!

MaryAnn
Sometimes life is so great you just gotta muss up your hair and quack like a duck!

Does anyone remember that article in the New York Times that included some kid’s application essay for New York University? It was quite funny. ooh, I just found it in my file cabinet: It was in response to the question “Are there any significant experiences you have had, or accomplishments you have realized, that have helped to define you as a person?”

It’s kinda long, so I won’t post it here, unless at least 3 of you want me to. (hint hint…do it. it’s funny.)

I don’t know who first said “everyone’s a critic,” but I think it’s a really stupid saying.

I am a nyphomaniac 10 to 15 times a night is average for me. I can make a girl cum three or fourtimes with my tongue.

other than that I can (have ) been a fuck up extraordinaire, but that is another story

Unforgiven

Damn, you guys stole some of mine.

Never had a hangover, thats after 5 years of record breaking consumption in frat life, and bartending.

I always, always, always, <font color=“red”>always</font> give multiple orgasms, and can orgasm on command.

I forgot to mention that my wisdom teeth are also completely grown in and are nice and straight, and won’t need to come out.

I can undo a bra strap with my teeth, no hands. (mentioned it somewhere else, but felt I should include it)

I never get tired. I sleep when I want, fall asleep right away, get up and am 100%. Can stay up for 48 hours with no adverse effects.

I learned to fly.

Omniscient:

You must be very young (the energy). And as for multiple orgasms, you can only give what can be received. I can blow the roof off the joint with my orgasm, but that’s it. At least for a few hours.

Stoid

I am #1. Everyone else is #2 or lower.

Hmm lets see…

Last year in both semesters of college i had a 3.81 GPA. I told everyone that once i get past math my GPA would go up, and i proved it.

I can draw very well, and I am self taught. Never took an art class on drawing until just this semester (Partly to fufill a university requirement and to work on my painting skills).I even drew well as a kindergartener. All of my teachers were amazed at the quality of my work all through school. In fact, i draw so well the art TA today in class was amazed at my drawing of a car we were sketching.

I have created three different writing systems, and have been creating my own language.

I am tall and always have been.

I seem to be everyones relationship counselor (I guess because i am a damn good listener)

I never get so sick i throw up. The last time i was sick enough to sleep all day was 7 years ago.

I have had less cavities than my brothers, and my eyesight is 20/20

I have never gotten a ticket in my life and i dont plan to either

I landscaped my parents front yard all by my self without the use of any machinery. It was all done with shovels and hard work.

Also, i’m pretty damn good at learning other languages.

Orgasm on command? Pshaw! That comes free with the Y chromosome. The real trick is to not orgasm until you choose to. It’s somewhat difficult to learn how, but simple once you have the knack.

It is also possible for a male to learn to have multiple orgasms. Yes, I can do it. No, I will not explain how.

And yes, I am completely serious about this.

Ok, let’s see here.

Mine aren’t all that sweeping. I’m one of those who has an subconcious assumption that I know more on a general level than anyone in the room (occasionally I’m proven wrong, which is good for my reality check). I also find I’ve thought more about a social/philosophical issue than almost anyone I talk to, unless they specialize in that area.

But what I guess is quantifiable, is that I get 800’s on the verbal SAT, without even really trying. I haven’t sat down and taken one in a real test setting lately, but I think now I wouldn’t probably miss but one in about three or four tests. This comes partly from working on vocabulary lists for students to study for the test.

I’m one of those people who has a social problem stemming from my inablity to judge what is considered common knowledge. I think I’m getting a handle on it, but for a long time people got insulted because I was tactless enough to look at them like “Where the heck have you been?” when they didn’t know some fact I was talking about.

Places like this keep me down to earth. Especially threads like this.

P.S. You know how many kids have told me that the sentence to relate “moth” to “wool” in an SAT anology was “A moth eats wool?” It’s pretty much a guarantee every time. Tonight I got “A moth is part of wool.” The future of our nation, ladies and gentlemen!!

It’s 1 AM and I have a headache. Don’t talk about talents. I can’t even type.