Question for right-wingers/conservatives...

Holy shit.

He actually said that?

Jesus, I swear Bush could come right out, declare that Hitler was a genius, and some of these yahoos would scramble to find a way to spin it.

That was hilarious!! I’ve got the perfect blonde chick for the job, too.

Ok, but only if he neglects to put her on the window ledge before plummeting to the earth :stuck_out_tongue:

Or he decides that the last thing he wants to do is be seen with the blonde chick in question. After all, even Islamist fanatics have standards. And throws her to the ground woughwy.

Nah… Can’t wish death on someone in the SDMB. How about he just ravages her in various ways first?

So why don’t the Dems come out with a fucking commercial?

Cue all the spooky music and shit…

"I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and I really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority."
George W. Bush - March 13, 2002

Voice: It’s not in the Presiden’ts interest to find bin laden? He doesn’t care about bringing the mastermind behind 9/11, the worst attack ever on American soil, to justice? What the fuck is up with that?

[sub]vote kerry![/sub]

How about that Moto? Bush doesn’t give a shit about finding bin laden, discuss.

The word you are groping for is “ravish”, unless I completely misunderstand you. I’m assuming you are, like myself, kind of a deve?

And I want to commend all concerned with sternly refusing any “Muslim” and “pork” jokes in reference to Ms. Coulter. It is just this sort of self-restraint and good taste that keeps the Pit such a model of polite decorum and civil discourse.

Is it wrong that I find that totally freaking hot?

Fuuuuuuck you :stuck_out_tongue:

Did Bush actually say this? If you look at the text of his press conference on Mar 13, 2002, he doesn’t. What he does say is:

I tried googling the exact quote, and all I get is references to blogs or sites like this one. No primary sources.

Unless they give Osama a shave and a bath first, that would be pretty skeevy. :shock:

In answer to the OP, yep, that there’s a flip-flop.

FTR I consider myself nominally Republican, but I won’t be voting for either Bush or Kerry this fall.

No man, see that is the hot part. Dirty, dirty love.

My bad. Ravish is correct. But if Kerry can say “Jen-jiss Kahn”, I can say “ravage” instead of ravish…

Like John Mace I failed to find a primary source. This one may not be true, folks.

Yikes. Just heard that Swifty ad again. And Kerry uses “ravage” (correctly) in it, too!

Hi there, Mr. Moto! We’re gonna have to stop meeting like this, or people are gonna start talkin’. :wink:

How 'bout I let the man who can actually do something about it, answer your question…

Hey, Equipoise: How about providing a link to a primary source for the 2nd quote in your OP, or ask a mod to close this thread? As much as I’d like to continue the Ann Coulter musings, we are supposed to be fighting ignorance here.

I’m partial to red Dr-I triplanes, even though it would be a break with tradition.

In that vein, here is a link to Bush’s press conference on March 13, 2002. The OP’s quote (which is found elsewhere on the net, but almost always in conjunction with the first quote; I have been unable to find any reference to that quote, especially in anything said by Bush on Sept 13, 2001) is, at best, a paraphrase of the following:

I have no love for Bush, and have no intention of voting for him come November. But I also have a particular distaste for “quote mining” and paraphrasing. It’s easy enough to come up with stuff Bush really did say or do without having to resort to rhetorical trickery (which I’m not saying Equipoise did intentionally, since these two quotes have been floating around for some time).

What, no apologies from Equipoise for the misquotes?