Re-Employed, and it feels so good!

Well, I’ve ended my six-week paycheck drought yesterday…with a dream job! I’m working for a dot-com, twenty minutes’ walk from my house, for a higher salary than I was making at the place I got laid off of!

Wa-hoo!

Chaim Mattis Keller
cmkeller@compuserve.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

Yay!!! Congrats!

::throws confetti::

“There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it.” - William James

CM, congrats!!! What an awesome opportunity!!

BTW, your advice on “the care and feeding of programmers” has come in handy at my new job!! :wink:

Again, congratulations!

Great news, CMK! Break a leg!

Uke

Funny, cmkeller, I always figured you for a “.org” kind of guy.

Good luck on your new job! And one thing I have to watch for myself: don’t spend too much time at your new job goofing off on the SDMB.

Quand les talons claquent, l’esprit se vide.
Maréchal Lyautey

Terrific! On behalf of the NY SDMBer’s, I’d like to take credit for creating the good aura that made this possible.

Who knows? Stay at our next meeting for a little while longer, and you just might get some options! :wink:

Glad to see you back on-line.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Waaa-hoooo!!

Funny how things work sometimes, huh? Congratulations!

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Yea! Is it having a place to go or getting that pay check - either way, it’s great!

Wonderful news, cmkeller! I hope things keep going well for you. Can’t beat walking to work; I have a ten minute walk to my dot com.

Congratulations!

I get to work for my .com at home, so here’s wishing you luck on moving up to the next level ;).

trisha

Yay, cmkeller! Congratulations; it’s great to be doing what you love!

Catrandom

Let me add my congrats as well! It’s also nice to see you posting again. Live long and prosper!

CM- I am happy for you, and I am in a similar situation. Today is my last day at a nasty sweatshop type job that I have to drive through rush hour traffic to get to. I start my new job on 1/3/2000 with a 60% pay increase and it’s a 15 minute walk from my doorstep.

If ever there was a reason to party…

Mazel tov, CMK!! I knew it would have to happen. All thanks to manhattan and the positive aura.

–Da Cap’n
“Playin’ solitaire 'til dawn
With a deck of fifty-one.”

Mazel tov, CMK!! I knew it would have to happen. All thanks to manhattan and the positive aura.

–Da Cap’n

There, ya see? I’m so happy for you that I double-posted!

–Da Cap’n

Thanks for the good wishes, folks, and for the positive aura, manhattan (I’m sure that it helped that TubaDiva added a moderator’s vlessing to the meeting!).

Now, where did I leave that alarm clock six weeks ago…? :slight_smile:

Chaim Mattis Keller