Remember How I Was Sick? Remember Me Getting Better? Not Quite.

I’ve been gulping Vitamin C tablets like they were M&Ms. No joy. I’d re-assess the VC plan, bittersweet.

Holy string-of-unprintable-epithets-I-just-made-up-on-the-spot!!! I did not know this (been offline and have been trying to catch up on everything).

Get better soon, sweetie. Who else am I going to debate the finer nuances of EPCOT with? :slight_smile:

Bosda , please don’t kill the messenger. Three months after we were married, my wife had to have a lung biopsy. That was 1989. The recovery was really long and hard. They were afraid that she had Legionnare’s or even cancer. She had niether, thank God. After some time, they had discovered that, as she slept, she would reflux, aspirate, and inhale some of it. I understand that this had never been observed before. I understand her gastroenterologist published a paper about the case. She has had most of her stomach removed, due to ulcers, and she will say that recovering from a full lung biopsy was, by far, the worst. Are they doing an endoscopy to collect samples or are they actually cutting into your side and taking the end off of one of the lobes? If they haven’t tried the former, please ask that they do that before they do the latter. They may be satisfid with what they find and you will have a much better summer. I put my wife in the hospital Thursday and I will soon leave to spenfd the afternoon with her. I got her a nice book about cats. Good luck and God bless.

Hugs, prayers, and good vibes headed your way, Bosda!

**Bosda[/b[, despite your topping my joke in this thread , I wish you all the best!

I’ve got to have a lung biopsied later this summer. Sucks, man.

Bosda, rats on having to undergo surgery. But I’m glad it isn’t cancer. At least this sounds like it’s localized and reparable.

Let us know the surgery date once you find out. In the meantime I’ll try to look around for a suitable offering to the gods.

Good Luck, Bosda, as if you didn’t already have tons of love going out to you. Here’s hoping that everything will work out. Who knows, maybe they’ll find buried treasure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, take good care of yourself and remember this…

Nurses are hot. :smiley:

Typical–blame the Jew! . . . I mean, the atheist . . . Oh, never mind.

Dear, are they going to do this with teeny-tiny needles and arthoscopic whatamacallits? It might not be as bad as you fear; the surgery, I mean–they don’t actually cleave you open with an ax nowadays, so one hopes your recovery time (and discomfort) will be at a minumum, and you know my address for the leftover painkillers, right?

I’m going to change my initial diagnosis.

It’s not a Tootsie Roll. It’s a Milk Dud.

My apologies to Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. This is clearly the work of Milton Hershey’s ongoing concern.

Best of luck.

Oh, Bosda! I’m so sorry to hear this. I thought you’d gotten that nasty thing dealt with. Do what Dr. Qagdop says; post surgery, lots of breathing exercises. And get well soon, we’ll miss you.

I’ll be prayin’ for you on the 10th, and you come back when you’re able and let us know what they find, ya hear?

That’s when I have an appointment with the surgeon, not the surgery. But much thanks for the goodwill.

Good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly. Surgery is never fun but at least it’s a good thing that this is something treatable. I’m sure it will be a relief when it’s all over with and you’re back to normal. :slight_smile:

Bosda my friend. Lots of thoughts, prayers and good doper vibes headin’ your way from South GA. Keep us up to date on the surgery and all.

(bolding mine) On the bright side, you will be the only person in the room who won’t want to vomit. :smiley:

Really, buddy, take care.

Whoa! I just saw this (having been gone for a week). And the OP made me think it was past tense, so I was confused for a bit. But, after REreading it, I finally get it.

Good luck, best wishes, GWS, all that stuff. Yeah, being forced into the hospital can be a bummer, but the plus outweighs the puss. You will get better now, my friend, I’m sure.

Now, for a story of my own. I had a sore throat for some weeks one winter, and it finally got to the point of extreme pain and a high fever, so I went to the doctor. Well, my cousin took me, I was too sick to drive, she thought.

The Doc examines me and tells me my tonsils are inflamed, swollen, discoloured, and covered in puss.

I respond (barely audible croaking thru clenched teeth), “Guess that’s what I get for eating puss.”

My cousin (who was sure I was dying or something and wanted to be there) turns beet red and the Doc leaves the room with an odd look on his face. A few moments later, we hear loud groans mixed with laughter outside the door. The Doc comes back in and says, “That’s without a doubt one of the grossest things I’ve ever heard. I had to share it with my staff.” Then, he gave me a shot, a prescription, and his advice. My cousin is still embarrassed about this.

Feh. Lung surgery. I’ve seen people come through some really crappy lung surgery. My uncle had a lung removed, fercrissakes! And he’s doing great. And so will you. I can feel it. Let’s get you back in the saddle!

Damn! Sorry to hear about this. Just got out the hospital myself (with nothing so serious), and it’s no fun. Hope all works out well.

That sounds finger-lickin’ good. Best of luck to you, and let us know you’re ok after the surgery.

Maybe you should post your post-op story in the pimple thread: The Amazing Lung Zit…