Remembering 'Gotcha Ya'

There was somebody who posted hilarious rants under the name Nostradamus. He didn’t stick around for very long. I think his threads were lost in one of the board disasters.

Creamed cheese!

That thread is continued on another thread, but the link is broken! I’ll never find out what happened to the missing co-worker now! Does anyone remember what happened?

Not just “Mexican fat burners.” They were “Miracle Mexican Fat Burners.”

Try here for the next thrilling installment.

I still have a soft spot for

Although TBH I only got about 2/3 of it.

Another favorite:

https://boards.straightdope.com/t/welcome-to-heck-i-darn-you-all/

I certainly remember “Is that a leg?” although I still think the best story from that thread is “Make pig noises”.

Thanks!!

For close to 20 years now, I’ve wondered just how good Mayfield Turtle Tracks ice cream must be. I wonder if they still even make it?

Sauron. He had a gift.

And there was that thing about going to the quarry and throwing stuff down there. What was that about, anyway? When I think about quarries, I mostly think about they repeatedly served as alien landscapes on Doctor Who, but this doesn’t appear to be a reference to that.

Absolutely hilarious! I don’t even like ice cream that much but my mouth was watering nonetheless

Cow-orkers!

I was lurking here unregistered back in 2005, 2006 maybe, and the board underwent an upgrade of some sort, I’m unsure if I’m recalling correctly but I seem to remember a couple of days before the cutoff where the board went to a no holds barred, no rules anarchy where everything from that day or two was to be disappeared anyway. There was a flurry of activity, some fantastically funny, some truly quite hurtful to others.

I’m pretty sure it was here, I could be wrong though.

I think you’re thinking of the Winter of Our Missed Content. That was one time we lost a few weeks/months of content. I do recall knowing ahead of time that it was going to happen and the place turning into The Purge for a little while, but I can’t say for sure if these were both the same incident.
The Winter of Our Missed Content happened back in 2001-2002, I was nearing the end of college and not spending a lot of time on the board. There’s a number of threads on the subject if you want to pick through them, but I’m sure others here remember it much better than I do.

My only real memory from that time is writing some big long GQ question about scratch-off ticket probabilities, it disappeared before I got an answer and I never felt like re-writing it.

Not Winter of Our Missed Content. Don’t remember the year but it was when vBulletin was upgraded.

So it was two different things then? I wasn’t sure. Like I said, there was a gap of a few years where I didn’t pay a lot of attention to the boards. I remember both things happening, but not well enough to recall any specific details.

I miss Eve.
Anybody remember the time the SDMB became semi famous with the “What if other writers wrote LOTR” thread? Supposedly it was mentioned in an article in some newspaper!

I vaguely remember that. We also had someone get quoted in a national magazine from a Breaking Bad thread.

<unzips skull, pulls out brain>

<sighs, stuffs it back in, and rezips skull>

Stupid memory.

@Anastasaeon hasn’t been around in a long time, either.