Renaming airlines, stores, restaurants and more for fun

I figure that since my friends and I do this so often, a lot of other people must do it too.
You take an airline like Southwest and rename it Southworst.
Or a restaurant or fast food place: Taco Bell becomes Taco Hell or Taco Smell, Acapulco becomes Acapuke-oh, etc.
Or take a store and French-ify its name: JC Penney becomes Jacques C. Pegne, while Target becomes Tarzhet. (Or change it some other way.)

And so it goes.
What have you renamed?

In Chicago: Le Poulet Blanc (The White Hen)
and I knew an older lady who referred to Jewel as “The Jewels” so that became popular in the subset.

Kentucky Fried Rats
Tar-je(pronounced in a french accent but like “jay”)
McRabies
(a ford with firestone tires) = Ford Exploder

I have always called K-Mart Scuz-Mart. A local chain of stores called Fred Meyer is simply known as Freddies. Other include Jack Off in the Box, Dairy Queer, Booger King, Wadmart, and Ballgreens. Mention eating at Taco Time and everyone in the family tells you the time. And chicken breasts are always called chicken boobs. My wife once ordered a chicken boob sandwich once. The blank look on the gal taking the order was priceless. Then she turned and looked at the menu board and realized what my wife wanted. Then she snorted and started laughing. The fall down, hold your sides, snorting, farting all at the same time laughing. The manager was ready to fire her till we explained why. His shorts must have been too tight, he did not think it was funny and told us so.

Rat Land = Walt Disney World
ThemeParkLand = ibid
Line Land = ibid

USScare = US Air

Twat = TWA

And though they went defunct, we used to joke about Allegheny Airlines merging with Brannif to become All-Bran.

Whole Foods = Whole Paycheck

Taco Bell = Taco Hell

In Viet Nam we used to refer to Air America Airlines (which was run by the CIA) as Scare America Airlines.

When my sons were younger, I remember calling my husband at work and discussing the fact that I was thinking about taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese’s. Since it wasn’t a done deal yet, and I wanted to leave myself to option to back out, I referred to it in code:

La Place de Charles du Fromage

Mcdonalds = smackdonalds

Mc Donald’s Becomes Mac Nasty’s
Burger King becomes Booger Fling Home of the Flopper
Wendy’s becomesWenchie’s The Hot & Jucy slogan stands alone
Pizza Hut becomes Piazza Slut So named after the Yanks/Mets sreies a few years ago.
Little Ceaser’ is too easily made into Little Sleazers
Wall Mart is ** Wally World{/B]
and do remember…The big K in K-Mart stands for Kwality!:wally

Mc Donald’s Becomes Mac Nasty’s
Burger King becomes Booger Fling Home of the Flopper
Wendy’s becomesWenchie’s The Hot & Jucy slogan stands alone
Pizza Hut becomes Piazza Slut So named after the Yanks/Mets sreies a few years ago.
Little Ceaser’ is too easily made into Little Sleazers
Wall Mart is Wally World
and do remember…The big K in K-Mart stands for Kwality!:wally

My folks used to call it “Agony Airlines.” :smiley:

Oh, how could I forget:

Pic n’ Save is now Pic n’ Scrounge or Push n’ Shove .

My cousin has referred to KFC as “Colonel Buckets” so many times that I’ve practically forgotten the real name.

Coined by Carlos Fuentes, I think - Mexico City is Make-Sicko City.

Not as bad as it used to be, though.

Back in college we used to call the Steak & Egg the “Steak & Leg,” because we jumped the check a time or two…

I second Wally World.

There’s also a midwestern chain of big hardware stores, called Menards (meh nards) which we called (may nerds). I once brought this up in a car while riding with my one true love; the deathly silence after my lame attempt at humor was disheartening. I’m still convinced that she wouldn’t have gone out with me because of it, so not asking her wasn’t a mistake… my brain digs both up and taunts me any time I’m particularly happy.

There were other stupidonyms, but now that you’ve made me dredge up this horrible memory, I can’t remember them. Thanks a lot.:mad:

:wink:

Montgomery Ward, before it deservedly went under, was known as Monkey Ward.

Las Vegas + Lost Wages

McDonalds = McDeath

LA = Hell Ay

drat…must preview…

Las Vegas = Lost Wages