repeated reflexive responses to usernames

I can’t help it, every time I see the words “Qadgop the Mercotan” I start singing to the tune of “Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead” the lyrics (yes, out loud)

“Qadgop the Mercotan,
Which old Tan?
The mercotan…”

(Yes, I sing the line “Qadgop the Mercotan is dead!” Sorry.)

Does anyone else do this? Not just QtM, but with any other username or any other frequently encountered word or phrase?

It’s kinda awful, because it’s long since stopped amusing me, but it’s like I have no control over this. (I haven’t actually tried exercising control, mind you.) There are other things I do like this, makng compulsive puns that I’ve made hundreds of times before (the kind of stuff that makes my kids roll their eyes at the repetitions) but since it’s fairly harmless, I indulge myself.

And you?

Hadn’t previously, but suspect I will now. Thanks oodles. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just eagerly click on threads with the username Qadgop the Mercotan in them and hope I can say something clever and witty so he will notice me. sigh

The username I sing about is Candid Gamera. I sing “Smile, you’re on Candid Gamera” and then I laugh because it’s kind of naughty.

Not singing, but every time one of the dogs crashes into something, I hear “THUD - low BOINK!” in my head…

I have a tendency to get phrases stuck in my head, which repeat themselves over and over at any time whenever my brain is running on autopilot. Thus, when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, my mind may be droning (for instance), “Quiddity Glomfuster…Quiddity Glomfuster…Quiddity Glomfuster…”

Our last governor was named Frank, and was a real loser. Years ago he got tagged with the moniker “Frank the Bank” for a failed business he ran. The guy is a real putz and I have an automatic mental recoil whenever I see our own beloved Frank’s name.

Oh my GOD. I do this too! I didn’t know I wasn’t the only one!

I do it with usernames, and some of the SMDB’s inside jokes. For instance, one day I had “Hi, Opal!” going nonstop in the back of my thoughts. I have no idea why.

I do that a lot with usernames, too - last week it was DiosaBellissima for a whole 48 hours or so. Don’t get me wrong, I adore Diosa, but when you’ve got DiosaBellissima DiosaBellissima DiosaBellissima DiosaBellissima going around in your head for two days, it gets a little tiresome.

However, I do that with all kinds of stuff. I once had the word “longevity” stuck in my head for a week.

~Tasha

I can’t see pseudotriton ruber ruber without hearing that tire jingle – “where the rubber meets the road”.

But I always shorten your name to pseudotron, which I don’t think has a meaning, unlike pseudotriton, which I’m pretty sure means something.

Yup, me too. I’ll see a word that vaguely resembles a Doper username - let’s say “contraption” or something - and then I’ll start thinking… contraption… contrapuntal? Why am I thinking of contrapuntal, what the hell is that, it’s not even a damn word! contrapuntal, contrapuntal… and 5 minutes later it hits me that it’s one of you people who snuck into my brain and set up camp.

But Cajun Man always pops up as “secret Cajun Man” in my brain and then I can’t get the song out of my head. They’ve given you a number, and taken away your name. Secret Cajun Man!!

Don’t try it with pseudotriton ruber ruber…it makes you want to do that Indian-dance-around-the-campfire thing.

PSEUDotriton ruber ruber…PSEUDotriton ruber ruber…

I do the same thing. I always read it as psuedotron. It’s just easier on the tongue that way.

I keep thinking of it as “Rubber Rubber” even though I know it’s not!

Quasimodem conjures up images of the hunchback every time he posts.

*vivalostwages
lostwages
vivalostwages

While the poor people sleepin’
With the shade on the light
While the poor people sleepin’
All the stars come out at night

vivalostwages
lostwages
vivalostwages*

PRR,

Glad you posted cause your username is the one that always causes my mind to wander. I think of Rubber, Rubber. . . which leads to condom. . . which leads to ****. . . and it’s all downhill from there.

But I now see that your name really means Northern Red Salamander, so now I can think of that. I’m not really sure which one is better, but I’ll go with Salamander for the moment.