Reversed usernames

Actually, my time here didn’t overlap with the late lamented Diogenes the Cynic. (ETA: And some questioned whether I might be his sock.) I had been lurking briefly and I was interested in following the adventures of the taciturn much-modded Cynic — only to find that the had been banished just a few days before I signed on.

Senegoid, it turns out, isn’t as original an idea as I thought at the time. A google search reveals that a great many people out there are using the name.

My username is in standard order… but my brother has called me by the reversal of my first name for fifty years.

Interesting…thanks.

And you are a lot nicer than Dio was. I had a real-life meeting with two other Dopers a few years ago, and one of the topics of our freewheeling conversation was, “wow, Diogenes the Cynic really is a tool.” :wink:

Diogenes gets banned, and Senegoid turns up a few days later. Sounds mighty suspicious to me.

Cool story, boB. :smiley:

I know of one palindromic user name: I Love Me Vol I

Or come to think of it, two because there’s also Eve.

Are there any others?

I asked that question in this thread.

The only other one is rat avatar.

mind=blown

mind=double-blown

Bumping this thread because I just noticed sitnam.

She’s very quiet; she sits very still then she pounces.

Nabbed!

(Not a reversal, nor an anagram, nor upside down… just the same set of 5 letters.)

Back on the AOL board, there was a weird kid known as etabba. His last name in reverse.

And there;s always Mirror Image egamI rorriM, which I guess would qualify as a palindrome AND a reversed name :).

Bumping this thread again, because I just noticed ynnad. For those not wanting to read through the thread, here’s the list so far:

der trihs
drad dog ?
enipla
flodnak (can’t remember what this name is a reversal of – Google gives a hotel in Austria, but I seem to remember it was something else)
leahcim
nadnerb
Namkcalb
nivlac
sdrawkcab (banned)
Senegoid
sitnam
Troppus
yendis
ynnad
Oh yeah, forgot to mention in the OP that I’m not counting “natural reversals”, that is, where two English words are reversals of each other. Someone mentioned pool upthread; another is nametag.

Just realised that it should be Ynnad with a capital Y. That doesn’t disqualify the name, though.

Being banned is indeed a bit of a drawback… :slight_smile:

Her last name spelled backwards.

Otto?

Little known fact:
The Suiledifrd is one of the lesser known organisms of the Burgess Shale biota.