RIP, Max

Sorry about your loss.

[Monty Python]I’m not dead yet.[/MP]

Thanks, all. Yesterday sucked. Today is a little brighter. You all helped a great deal.

Those who say that dogs don’t have souls either never had a dog, or never had a soul. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.

Max - you weren’t just a good dog, you were a great dog.

ASAKMOTSD - {{{warm thoughts}}}

I am crying for a dog I never knew.

RIP Max. Dogs are the heart of a home, to me. I bet there were some Gordon Setters there to meet Max…Holly, Abbie, Corey, and Fancy, ready for a romp and to show him around.

((((hugs))))

double post

Sending you a (not very) long distance hug, ASAKMOTSD. When I was a little girl I had a Good Dog named Max McBoingBoing, maybe our pups are bouncing around somewhere together.

Awwww, nuts! :frowning:

My deep condolences.

FROM YOUR PET IN HEAVEN

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head,
fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you…
for the care that you gave to me so unselfishly…
for all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived,
loved and touched each other’s lives.
My life was fuller because you were there –
not as a master/owner, but as my friend.

Today I am as I was in my youth.
The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers
and the sun shines gently down upon all of God’s creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth.
There is no sickness, no aching joints, no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions
and know that togetherness is forever.
Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don’t hold the love that you have within yourself;
give it to another like me and then I will live forever.
For love never really dies, and you are loved
and missed as surely as we are.

Author Ken Conover

RIP Max :frowning:

Our dearly departed Miss Emily’s ashes are in a nice brass urn on the piano. We still talk to her, though she’s been gone almost 9 years.

She’s still around if only in our hearts. Mr. S likes to say that sometimes he can find a spot on the couch or her favorite spot in the hallway that’s springer-sized and a bit warmer than it should be, and yet the living dogs have not been there recently. You might check Max’s favorite places now and then. :slight_smile:

ASAKMOTSD, I’m so sorry for your loss.

The great thing about good dogs is that they think we love them as much as they love us. The great thing about good people is we know that’s not true. No human can ever love a good dog as much as a good dog loves us. It’s the primary failing of our species, and the primary strength of theirs.

Thank you for giving Max a good life, and thank what gods may be that Max gave you one right back.

May the hole his loss leaves in your home be one day filled with a love just as deep.

Condolences, ASAKMOTSD.