Rush (the band) Final Tour

I know someone will snark in with “it’s about time they retire” or similar, but I’m a fan, and I am sublimely happy that I just spent $300 for a pair of tickets to the concert here in Atlanta in May. May 26, to be exact. I got great seats in the center section of the Orchestra, on Row X. Actiually my seats are almost exactly dead center!

The guys are pretty much saying this is their last tour. This is the R40 tour, which is their designation for Rush-40, which is how long the bad has been in existence. I’ve seen them at least 10 or so times over the years, and have never been disappointed.

Any other Dopers excited about seeing Rush this summer? Anyone else coming to the Atlanta show? Maybe we do a Dopers parking lot get-together?

It’s the last tour of this “magnitude”, whatever that means. I don’t think they would ever label something as the final tour, but at this point any tour is the final tour until the next one. There are going to be other opportunities to see the band, but it will be different.

I may only see them in Columbus. Something that has been a part of my life for twenty-five years will be over.

They are not getting any younger. The last time I saw them Geddy made a comment about getting old and having to take an intermission. I agree that this won’t be the last time they perform. It may be the last time they go to some of these cities. Other tours are going to be much more limited in scope.

I have my tickets to see them in Newark. I would have rather seen them at Madison Square Garden because I think the acoustics are better but a weekend date works out better for me. Luckily I live in an area where I have that choice.

I have seen them multiple times over the years. They have never disappointed. I go to almost no concerts anymore. This is the only group I will not miss when they play in the area.

I’ll be at Atlanta, and maybe Greensboro.

It’ll be my 53rd time seeing them. The first was 1983.

I’ve seen them 4 times; the last was in 1994.

The closest show is 3 hours away from me, and I plan to be there. :cool:

The Who are doing another tour this summer. At least they aren’t claiming it will the be the last time. Again.

The Grateful Dead will be doing three final shows in Chicago at Soldier Field over July 3, 4 and 5. I’m thinking about going, but it won’t be the even close without Jerry Garcia. And they will almost certainly release it the shows as a series of live CDs.

I saw in the paper the other day that tickets were going on sale for a July show, but I didn’t know it was supposed to be a final tour, so now I will definitely have to plan on getting some tickets.

Closest to me is San Jose. A few hours. Maybe.

Just got my tickets! Woo Hoo! I am a much bigger fan of the first twenty years than the second but can’t wait to see them.

You got me beat by a few dozen. This is about my 10th. I was a fan from much earlier but the first tour I got to see was Hold Your Fire.

I was 16 when I saw them for the first time during the Grace Under Pressure tour. I was on vacation and my pal Dave - who turned me on to them - got tickets and forgot to get me one. So I got a scalped one ($25!!!) the day of the show on the floor and lorded it over him.

The closest I’ve been in 15th row at a smaller place called The Mark that might still be in Moline, IL for the Counterparts tour. I was in Iowa City for grad school then. They sold the tickets at the counter in the local supermarket. There were two people in line. I was second. It was hilarious.