Same problems in Australia

I found this in the synopsis:

Didn’t Sylvester Stallone already make a movie of this?

In the proposed Constitution proper there’s a section on Mass Media Obligations that’s also a hoot.

Why can’t you do this through the structure of the political parties? You know, by like running candidates and stuff?

My guess is 99% of Australians think you and your ilk are disgusting cretins and therefore you have no hope of gaining any traction within the current structure, so hey, let’s just blow up the paradigm!

For the same reason I don’t taste-test foul-smelling moldy stuff I find at the back of the fridge before throwing it out.

Words of wisdom worthy of being engraved into the surface of your bathroom mirror.

Probably because that poster is from Japan and would like to bring additional perspective about similar phenomena in other countries.

Uh-huh, yup, yes, ok, yeah — HEY! I likefruit bats!

OMG. This post is - pardon the already-tired phrase - full of win. Bravo, Smeghead, bravo.

And beer. And ice cream. And home-grown tomatoes.

The draft Constitution can’t even seem to figure out what the name of the country is. IT’s referred to as “The Sovereign Country of Australia,” and then later as “The Commonwealth of Australia.” When you get into the guts of it, it seems it’s called either “the Territory of Australia” or just “Australia.” It also claims as Australian territory an effectively infinite amount of outer space (see section 1.2 m) which is both a violation of international law and fucking insane.

In more ways than I can count the draft Constitution is unclear and self-contradictory, or includes weird editorial asides. It makes a variety of statement that, the way they are written, would result in ridiculous law; one part, for instance, makes it illegal to use a gas barbeque. On Page 40 it appears to be illegal to have sex with someone you aren’t in love with. Who was the idiot who wrote this shit?

I recommend the classic tome Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, which provides a number of case histories to provide insight as to why people get themselves worked up over nonsense.

I say replace the prime minister with an elected warden, who must personally approve anything that happens within the country’s borders. Special dispensation to anyone who can prove at least ¼ aboriginie blood.

:smiley:

I dunno. I always sort of assumed that Aussie plants resembled the rest of the Aussie biosphere, and thus consisted primarily of species that shoot poison thorns at people (like in that one Star Trek episode).

Well, the OP is off(in more ways than one). Perhaps if we are lucky it’ll be another 7 years before he pops back up with another Screed O’ Hate.

The Mods may need to take a look at this one and some others… I think Mel Gibson (or his dad) may have a few sock puppet accounts that got dislodged by the SDMB hacked emails.

I saw the other one and just assumed that it was National Idiot Day in Australia or something.

How do you restore something by bringing in a whole new system?

Under the proposed constitution, every day is National Idiot Day.

Many posts have left me wondering how the writer managed to survive to adulthood. The question of how some people survive to adulthood in Australia raises that to a whole new level.

or a vBulletin bug.

Some banned guy in CafeSociety, who went berserk in the David Blaine tv thread, had the same deal.

I’m guessing either a join date bug, or hakkerz.

Also, FosterForkin is a cunt.

[Moderating]
Don’t call other posters cunts.

No warning issued.
[/Moderating]

I stopped reading here. I feel I can comfortably tell the OP that either the solutions he proposes or the problems he sees are those of a lunatic.

I have this image of a bunch of miners in spacesuits on the moon, and they’re looking at their watches. As soon as they pass over Australian territory they start digging wildly.

I also like how they’re attempting to replace the Constitution, and one of the provisions in it specifies that new citizens promise never to replace the Constitution.

Oops. I get close to the warning line so seldom I forget which words are verboten. Sorry.

In fact, one day I’d like to get a warning. I’ve been here 14 years, and people are starting to talk.

But I dislike what **FosterFoskin **says and thinks in the strongest possible terms.

I’m warning you bup… One of these days!..