They have paused 3 times in 30 minutes so far to eject protestors. Maybe JohnT was one of them.
Aww, I’m sorry you didn’t make it.
Mixed feelings here. OT1H we don’t get an insider’s view. OTOH JohnT’s mind is not at risk listening to that drivel.
You can still see it here. For as long a you can stand it.
I am not that brave.
There’s a My Pillow ad. LOL
Don’t feel bad @JohnT . Gov. Abbott isn’t there either.
Roger Clemens (baseball player) is getting the presidential medal of freedom. For some reason.
Because he’s a good Republican, and has spoken nicely about Trump. And because the woke Hall of Fame won’t elect him.
Starting tomorrow medicare recipients will get a refund of OVER ONE HUNDRED dollars!
Hey, some of us already got $90. Did we get stiffed by 10 bucks?
![]()
It looks like if he appears in a very large city, he can get a capacity crowd. But when he appears in smaller towns, people aren’t inclined to travel to see him, he just gets the locals, and has to lie about the attendance because he can’t accept reality.
Trump was telling the crowd how the fake news would say no one was there WHILE the camera was panning the balcony and there was no one there.
That’s why it’s “fake news”. The camera was obviously panning a balcony in some deserted theater somewhere, as it’s inconceivable that anyone would forego an opportunity to listen to the wisdom of His Orange Majesty.
Actually, looking at the footage, it was nowhere near capacity because Trump was on the “court”, with curtains blocking the seats behind him. So those seats, appx 20-25% of the Coliseum, were empty by design.
There were a couple of hundred people outside watching him on a big TV screen.
I was trying to estimate rows and columns on the main floor and came up with 50x50=2500. The venue website says it has parking for 10,000.
When Obama came to my area in the mid 2010s, they recommended that people arrive 3 hours ahead of time, because of security screenings.
Huh. Maybe it’s either cheaper if they don’t open up the top level since no one has to clean and security it, but also maybe they weren’t sure if they would fill up and they thought if everyone spread out the camera would always see half empty seats. Or maybe the angle is worse ballistic wise when you’re on ground level?
I went to a John Kerry “appearance” once, for free, but I didn’t think it through thoroughly enough to twig that it would be a campaign rally or I wouldn’t have gone.
The actual speech was unremarkable. The opening band was pretty neat though. His last name was McCarty but I don’t remember his first name. An alternative jam bandy group like Dave Matthews only good. I remember his last name because he kept saying “We’re the ***** McCarty Group, no “H”, no “N”.”
Here’s what he said tonight about Los Angeles and San Diego:
“You want to see problems? Let them hit San Diego, let them in Los Angeles,” Trump said. “We’re not going to let that happen. We protect our cities. We protect our country.”
So, he made it reasonably clear tonight that he was talking about protecting San Diego and Los Angeles, whereas in Nebraska, I believe two days ago, when he was cheered, he was literally saying that taking out San Diego and Los Angeles would be a good trade for defeating Iran:
They can take out a city. Let them take out Los Angeles, let them take out San Diego. This is a very small price to pay and it’s going to be over very soon.
So I’m wondering, if anyone has checked ThelmaLou’s YouTube link, if there was the same kind of cheering for protecting San Diego and Los Angeles as there was for literally trading them.