San Diego DopeFest!

It’s definitely still on, but if you can’t make the drive lel, that’s certainly understandable. That’s a helluva commute!

Updated attendees[/u[

scout1222 + BSMF
Astroboy + Astrogirl
silenus
Ashes, Ashes
Esprix
Landshark

Anyone else in or out?

Where’s encinitas?

Esprix

Good point. I just shot her an email to see if she can make it.

I know I haven’t been out there in ages, but isn’t Encinitas out near Carlsbad?

What.

Silly goose.

Ha! No I’m closer to Solana Beach. Thanks for the email Scout pointing me to this thread. I was out the the country for two weeks (Mexico) and completely missed this thread.

So yeah, I’m in, Cozymel’s 6pm this Saturday. Tin foil hats all around!

If it’s not too late to throw our hats in the soup, I think thomasm and I can make it.

JOhn.

Updated attendees

scout1222 + BSMF
Astroboy + Astrogirl
silenus
Ashes, Ashes
Esprix
Landshark
Encinitas
jkusters
thomasm

Looks like we’ve got 11 of us.

I’m going to have to cancel. A gathering of my family in the area has been scheduled for that evening.

I’ll just have to try again at the next S.D. area Dopefest.

It is one hell of a commute indeed.

I must wait, alas.

Okay, I have now officially made reservations.

We’re booked for 6:00pm on Saturday night for a party of ten. The reservation is under “Stephanie” which coincidentally is my name (imagine that).

If you have a change in status between now and then, post to let me know, so I know if we’ll have to arrange for more or less chair-wise.

New to the West Coast (originally from Michigan), although up in the LA area myself…will have to consider whether I can make the drive.

Would love to go to my first Dopefest, though…

If you can let me know by Friday afternoon, I’d love to put you down on the list. Before I came down to SD I spent a little time in Redondo Beach, near the galleria.

When you celebrate a birthday, you should do it the week of said birthday, correct? Not in my aunt’s mind. We’re having her birthday party a week early because it fits more people’s schedules, but did anybody tell me about the change? No, no they did not. Which means I have to cancel at the last minute and I hate doing that. [sub]I’m sorry. I’m a bad person. Please don’t hit me.[/sub]

So now I have to just press my nose up against the monitor when you all post pictures of the fun you’ll be having without me. Drink a margarita in my name. Then take more pictures because those’ll be the best.

Oh god, this means my cousin’s going to drag her kid to the party. Four hours of non-stop screeching, yay! Who gave her permission to reproduce, anyway?

Well, shoot. I was looking forward to seeing you.

Crikey.

The birthday comment made me remember. Have a birthday party to go to Saturday evening. Shakes fist at the Birthday Gods

As to the birthday question above, my birthday is June 28 (a Tuesday), but we are celebrating it after work the prior Friday (June 24). During pesky mid-week birthdays, I think you can get away with celebrating the week prior or the week following. Or, if you are part of a group (e.g. work), you can get away with celebrating “June birthdays” on a single day.

(Sidenote: Dopers welcome to my 30th b-day…Naja’s Place in Redondo Beach, CA…contact for details!)

Bad news.

I can’t make it either this weekend, and as it turns out work has nothing to do with it. I’ve been called north for the weekend for a bit of an emergency (nothing dire, just need to assist a friend with something that can’t be put off…). So I’ll be spending most of the weekend in Temecula, and hope to be back home sometime Sunday. :smack:

Sucks, as I was looking foreward to seeing you guys again (the ones I’ve met already, that is!) and meeting the ones I haven’t yet met. Sorry, folks!

I WILL make the next one, I swear!

P.S.: Astrogirl says she wants the next one to be at a Korean restaurant… she wants to show off her native foods, I guess.

No no, you’re mispronouncing your answer. The correct way is “Whatever you say Ashes, my lovely.” See? Doesn’t that sound so much better? Don’t let the glare from my tiara blind you.

And I was looking forward to seeing all of you, scout. But Astroboy may have a plan for the next one. Besides the good company, I could surely appreciate a guide for a Korean restaurant, because I only know how to order soup. [sub]The cooking at your table part frightens me, but don’t tell anyone, 'kay?[/sub]

Which reminds me, Astroboy, could you ask your wife if she knows what those caramelized sort of lotus slices are that are sometimes served with that sort of dumpling soup? See? I told you I’m pathetic. But it’s so yummy, I don’t care if everyone points and laughs.

You guys will come back and give details, right? Why do I feel as though you should pet me on the head and put out extra toys so I don’t get lonely? I’ll just sit here in the window till you pull back into the driveway.

Glazed look falls over face

Whatever you say Ashes, my lovely…

Comes out of trance

Wha…?