Save Enterprise with your ideas for shows

hey, i have been outnerded! This shall not stand! I know, i’ll build a real phaser! Yeah, lets cross these wires here and—BZZZAAAAPPPPTTTT!!! Dang it! shot off my toe!

Yeah, what’s the timeline for Enterprise?

I typed in “Romulan War” in Dogpile.commiepinkobastards and got about 2 to the power of 8,675,309 hits for web pages about it.

Stopped reading when my hair started bleeding. Everybody was leaving. And the band stopped breathing. And the girl in the corner let’s no one ignore her. She thinks She’s the passionate one. Oh! Yeah!

i’d have to rewatch my tapes to catch a captains log with a real date, but i think it is 2150s

Well, if it’s 2150s, it’s real close to when the Romulan war was supposed to have occurred. I have an edition of the Okuda’s “Star Trek Encyclopedia”, and according to them, the conflict ended in 2160 (with establishment of the Neutral Zone)and was a war fought with early space vessels using primitive atomic weapons. (Looks like that continuity is already shot, since Enterprise has more advanced weapons).

According to startrek.com, the last episode to give a date was “Carbon Creek”, which aired 10 weeks ago. April 2152. The first episode, “Broken Bow”, gave a date of 16 Apr 2151.

Perhaps the war began in 2153.
I know they are not accepting fan scripts but I have no intention of putting me in it nor adding exotic new races that have noting to do with TYrek so If I were to write the Script how do I get it Submitted Fer Crying out loud. (It was Stiles or was it Styles in Balance of Terror)

I wrote a great story reply and then looked for something below to send it and there wasn’t anything so I pressed the one above and it disappeared. I guess you’re supposed to press something above first. Now how do I get the one I wrote back or is it lost forever? It was real good too.PS oh how i hate computers. Remember Toti Fields? She would say if she were now me, “My hate for damn computers is a million billion times greater than a quadrillion to the googolplex power for all the times when they have screwed something up!” She was a comedian of the 60’s. Also, how can something you write just disappear in this thing? Inever did this before on Straight Dope either. It is a curse from outers apace!

How about an episode where Abraham Lincoln shows up…

I thought Toti Fields was that little black girl from The facts of Life

Kinkpingpong Try doing a web search with the words “script submit,” avoid the java script pages and you’ll find some TV/movie scripting agencies. I tried this once before and got a lot of pages. Kaplah!

How about T’Pol gets knocked up, but we don’t know who the father is, until the baby’s enormous tongue lashes out in the delivery room

Did the OP remind anyone else of the end of Marc Silvestri’s run on Uncanny X-men?

?No? what was that?

Thanks but the misspellings of my name doesn’t make me feel confident that you take me seriously in any way…

I misspell everyone’s name. Look at what I’ve called vivlostwages and carniverous plant. It’s a John Cleese thing. Don’t worry, jsut keep posting.

And BTW, getting any script noticed without an insider pulling for you is almost impossible nowadays. The 60’s are gone, and I think TV networks miss out on a lot of new talent that way.

I wrote, directed, and filmed commercials for a couple of local companies in the early 80’s, and got to know a guy who wanted me to do a short movie for him. Got all the scripting done and was hiring actors when he pulled the plug due to illegal financial problems he had. I feel I missed my big chance because of that. Oh well…

This really should be a more serious thread, because Enterprise has lost a goodly chunk of their primary audience (males 18-49? ;)) since season one, according to TV Guide (primary authority on tv, n’est-ce pas? ;)). Paraphrasing here, but also according to TV Guide (and none of UPN’s programming is doing well this season, btw), Paramount’s (or whoever the parent co. is now!) plans for Enterprise include possibly revealing more skin in the shows (which is bound to make many viewers of both sexes happier) and more character development (about time for that, I say!). Nothing more specific was mentioned, unfortunately. They may turn it into “Days of our Enterprise,” or “General Enterprise Hospital,” (hey, wouldn’t the latter perhaps let us see more of Phlox and that tongue?! I’m all for that! LOL) except for the fact that the soaps have all been losing audiences for quite some time.

It’s really too bad that Paramount (or parent co. of ST franchise) can’t wrest control from Berman & Braga, who IMO have been behind the mess-up on Enterprise and give it over to someone(s) who would be more true to Star Trek and do a better job. I don’t have any suggestions on that, or suggestions as to possible stories, except …

Can we possibly ever -meet- the Tellarites?! Please?! We already have references to them, several times, and it was the Tellarites that steered Enterprise to that bizarro space station that tried to replace Mayweather! And let’s see more of the original ST races too; they should be introducing them, especially the ones who help to found the Federation! :slight_smile:

JMHO on Enterprise

Phlox tries to get to know Reed by reading a book by a forgotten ancestor of his. This Reed, a 1960s British Intelligencer, wrote a book that was long assumed to be science fiction (but the details resonate centuries later).

60s Reed (Playd by the same actor as Enterprise’s Reed) joined MI5 after watching DR. NO, but leads a very un-Bondlike career. Instead of expense accounts and martinis and bikinis in Jamaica and the Cote d’Azur, he’s stuck in Reykjavik in the winter. Mysterious persons are trying to kill an Icelandic doctor whose inventions revolutionize the field of cybernetics. He doesn’t recognize these people, but we recognize them as Starfleet and Maquis fighters from various points in the future. With sheer nerve, determination and pure dumb luck, Reed saves the doctor from these better-armed fighters (who are not fighting in a coordinated manner).

After an unlikely but decisive victory, we discover two things: Reed and the doctor watch the first-ever broadcast of a really neat show that’s “like WAGON TRAIN, only in space.” And the doctor’s name is revealed to be Borg.