Screamers Mafia

cross posts make me chuckle.

Ah, fuck. Doctor?

Anyway, why do I get involved now? You requested it, didn’t you? Why did I get involved before, you mean? I’m playing Mafia. When would be a good non-suspicious time to post?

Well, hell. My intent in taking the fall today was to avoid something like this from happening–like I said, a vanilla mislynch is not the worst thing on Earth and there’s a lot we can learn from it. The drawback with people switching from me to someone else is that the someone else might be a higher-value target than my sorry sucky vanilla ass.

That having been said, I am WIFOMing this like crazy. If you’re really a Doc, I think your claim was slightly premature–I think I’m still in the vote lead, although it’s always been close, and I suppose the tide might be turning a bit, but it hasn’t yet. Doc is one of the best fake claims for scum, because you will unsurprisingly not die at night and you can blame that on self-protecting or the scum choosing to kill someone else. A real doc will not want to come forward, especially in a closed setup where we could presumably have more than one, so a false Doc claim is unlikely to be exposed at this point except in the instance of your death. All in all, a win-win for scum to claim Doc at this point. If you were ahead in the vote count or there was less time in the Day, I’d have more faith in your claim. As is, right now it’s a coin toss in my mind.

That having been said, I am absolutely not switching my vote to you, because if you’re telling the truth, it’s better that I die than you if it has to come down to the two of us, and if you’re not, you’ll be found out relatively quickly, I’m sure.

unvote peeker for now.

I don’t know what the right approach is here.

Because I couldn’t come up with a good name for her. I’m borrowing that.

jpeg (2): OAoW, TxtKitty
Mot Scud(1): peekra
The One and Only(1): Kronzor
Pecear(5): Tom Scad, Gruff, Nook, Ting Phish, Miner77
Normal Faze (1): Braid Dean
The Dread Bean (8): amrussett, Abnormal Phase, DaphkneeBlack, Freudian Skit, Fenix, wiltatwirl, UPSDriver

Tell me if this idea is crazy. Lynch me, with NO ADDITIONAL VOTES on me from here on out except for the Leader (I don’t want scum hiding in a unanimous bandwagon, and I have enough votes on me to die currently). Then, we hope we have a town-aligned Vig. Clearly if peeker is a real doc, he’s going to be self-protecting toNight. A Vig is more likely to hit town than scum if they choose a target randomly, so aiming a Vigging at peeker toNight wouldn’t really hurt if he’s a self-protecting Doc, and would bag a scum or PFK-type if he isn’t.

The only problem I see is if we don’t have a Vig, but I’m banking on the fact that we do in a game this large.

Well. unvote peeker, though the claim does strike me as pretty premature. We’ve still got 3 days? You should have more confidence in your own mad rhetorical skillz, peek.

I was going to say that I’m unconvinced about the argument for Drain Bead - on the one hand, I think Jimmy’s analysis of amrussell’s post is pretty solid - in fact, the first post that amrussell picked up looks a lot like something I would do - noodling around about possibilities like this was a thread about whether the USS Enterprise could defeat a Super Star Destroyer.

However, I think the case that Chronos was fishing was pretty weak to start with, and only got worse as Drain tried to justify it.

This is a crazy idea. There’s a chance that peeker’s doc role prevents him from self-protecting. (Do not answer this peek, obviously). We need at least some WIFOM on the part of scum in selecting a night-kill target re: is peek self-protecting or not?

And your post in response to the exact same question, that you should “never assume scum wouldn’t do that” ISN’T totally f’ing bland & unobjectionable?

drain. you are dead on. to some extent i claimed because of the unknown about when the day will actually end and what my schedule will be like the rest of the week. seriously, i might be here 24/7 for the rest of the week or be totally out of the depending on rescheduling.

i certainly didn’t want to wake up dead without at least townies having a chance to evaluate the claim i made.

and this, i believe, to be the first time i have ever been a doc. can i protect myself or just others? i’m not telling, shit i’m not that nuts. but having sat on the scum side a couple of times we always twisted ourselves on what to do with a doc. if we had a role blocker, no brainer, block and whack. only trouble if town had a redirector god only knows where that fucker would land. or let 'em live and see if we could get paranoid townies to do the lynch for us. maybe not the best play, but at the chance of getting lynched incorrectly i’d rather put the wifom in the scum’s court and see what they do.

hey, i honestly thought, and still think, tom was being full of crud. jimmy jumping in looked dubious. i had a piece of knowledge, i am town, that i tried to leverage. shoot noone agreed to the exten that they want to string me up. crap that’s taking penalizing aggressive play to the extreme.

and that’s where i am going to start looking. who conveniently hops on.

In my experience as scum, we generally didn’t try to kill claimed docs at this point–the assumption was always that they were self-protecting, especially this early in the game when they couldn’t possibly have anyone else worth protecting. Now, later in the game, if there’s another claimed role that Town would want to have alive (Cop, confirmed Masons, etc.)…that’s when the WIFOM game came into play. But I think if peeker is a Doc and can self-protect, there’s no way in Hell he’d be doing anything else toNight.

But on the off chance he can’t self-protect (and in a game with more than one Doc, as he’s…rather conveniently…claiming, that could be more of a possibility than usual), I guess my idea won’t work. Like I said, it might be nuts, and probably is–I was just trying to figure out a good way to test his claim without potential drawbacks.

jpeg (2): OAoW, TxtKitty
Mot Scud(1): peekra
The One and Only(1): Kronzor
Pecear(4): Gruff, Nook, Ting Phish, Miner77
Normal Faze (1): Braid Dean
The Dread Bean (8): amrussett, Abnormal Phase, DaphkneeBlack, Freudian Skit, Fenix, wiltatwirl, UPSDriver

Upon refresh–peeker, this game generally DOES punish aggressive play, at least in earlier Days. Those who say more will by necessity have more that can be picked apart and pounced on. Nobody usually starts the lynch-the-lurkers conversation until later on in the game.

Also, may I suggest that the next official nickname for Chronos should be “Da Chronic”?

I think it is a bit strange for peeker to have claimed when he did. For a doc to claim when not in the vote lead is certainly unconventional; Docs in my experience do everything they can to avoid scrutiny. That does not characterise Peeker’s play so far. Now he could have been trying to seem as un-Doctor as possible so as to avoid being suspected of being doctor, but then his claim would be even stranger…

But I think the risk of killing a doc is too great to lynch him at this point.

I don’t think Drain Bead’s suggestion to the vig is a good idea. First of all, I don’t like it when folks try to direct (even hypothetical) power roles. Even if peeker’s claim is true, it is possible that her plan would result in his death, either because he can’t self-protect (which he should NOT say either way, of course) or for some other reason that we can’t know, since this is a closed game. I know bad ideas aren’t necessarily scummy, but it is suspicious that she hasn’t considered these possibilities. Furthermore, if the hypothetical vig is remorseful and kills a town doc Peeker, we’d lose them too.

The fact that Drain Bead is advocating her own lynch at this point does not really make me think of her as more town. Vanilla town have done this in the past; so have scum, for various reasons.

All of this was posted whilst I was writing that post (since DB’s post on her idea). Wow!

Things go quickly when someone claims Doc.

I’m not really concerned with whether advocating my own lynch makes me look more or less scummy. My main concern is that nobody else (except potentially our leader) vote for me or peeker from here on out. It’ll help with vote analysis later, once I turn up Town, that not everyone is piling on me. If that happens, we learn nothing.

Also, while I have never played with peeker that I know of, he seems to have a bit of a rep as an erratic player, so I’ve been keeping that in mind as well when considering his claim.

Good luck. A lot of low-volume posters in your wagon (including one who’s asked to sub out).

Ho-kay. The Peeker bandwagon.

First of all, there’s me. I am town.

Second, Jimmy. I’m getting very strong pro-town vibes from him and he’s been making a lot of sense in his posts.

(At this point, #362, TexCat comes up with the “scumfight” idea, which now looks like it could be a great meme for scum to push, if in fact peeks is in fact Town, as I know I am.)

Next, Nanook. Posted only four times, the last accusing peeker of making a weak case and voting. Then Pedescribe announces that Nanook is looking for a sub.

Somewhere in here AllWalker not-votes for peeker. He pushes the “scumfight” idea a bit.

Then, Gryff. Posted only four times since the election. Once to vote peeker for making a weak case. (and push the scumfight idea a bit) Once to complain about Pedescribe’s weird names. Once to say that making “i am town” statements is helpful to a potential LD, and to poke holes in DB’s argument about why Chronos was fishing with his LD statement. And once to say “I am town”. Grade == INC.

Then there’s Oredigger, who’s actually done some posting. Game-relevent posts:

Could be town expressing opinion - could be scum trying to keep Town from getting any information if they’re lucky enough to take down the Cop before the Cop has claimed.

Could be town or scum trying to get more info.

Middle paragraph is a “me too” in response to amrussell’s finding of the apparent contradiction by Drain Bead, which Jimmy went into in detail somewhere in the last 50 posts. I’m getting a funny vibe from that last paragraph. Yes, there are more claims than a lie detector could fully check, but what if the detector decides that you in particular are questionable?

Mixing it up with Drain Bead, poking some holes in some pretty weak arguments. At this point the DB wagon was just getting rolling, with 3 on board.

More mixing it up with DB; again I think mainly Digger has the better of it here. Wagon still at 3.

starts wondering if the wagon (now at 5) he’s been helping push is picking up too many scum.

Kind of whiny about being left off of BD’s list. Having tried it myself, I’m not surprised she missed a few.

More whineage. Still basically focusing on BD.

After spending a full day sparring with BD, he thinks the BD wagon is all about peeker’s scummy friends. Oh, and again with the scumfight idea.

So Digger’s posts are consistent with him being a townie picking at inconsistencies in BD’s story but ultimately deciding that BD is town, her wagon is a bit suspicious, and that he was more worried by peeker’s odd case against me and sudden silence.

Or he could be a scum trying to set up tomorrow’s bandwagon now that today’s wagon is rushing downhill.

I need a vote somewhere, having provisionally decided to accept Peeker’s claim (oddly timed as it was), and Digger looks suspicious enough for a day 1 vote.

vote Oredigger

NETA: the thing that really pings me is the pivot from picking holes in DB’s arguments (and suggesting that DB’s incomplete list was scummy) to deciding peeker was scum after all & that the move to DB was scummy in origin.