SDMB Christmas Exchange 2020 (Super Blitz Edition)

Forgot to mention, I like just about anything. Chocolate is always good though, lol, or books about baking. If you have a classic family recipe, I love exchanging stuff like that. Anything with dachshunds.

Personally I don’t like baking with dachshunds, so skip those family recipes.

I am very interested, but given the circumstances of this season, I’m not confident in my ability to search out interesting items and ship them. I’m thinking I’ll just watch this time? I’d hate to disappoint anyone.

I’m torn between being very understanding of what you mean, and wanting to encourage you to participate anyway.

Things that may seem silly or everyday to you are loads of fun to someone who lives somewhere far away in a city instead of out in the country, for instance. Shot glasses with your town’s name are a classic example.

In “these uncertain times” (and oh lordy, how I’ve grown to loathe that phrase) any connection to another human is vital.

But, I get the uncertainty on your part.

(I’m also shamelessly bumping this thread so as many folks see it as possible, hence the constant inane patter. Don’t mind me, just doin’ my part to keep this one near the top of the page or whatever.)

I understand what you mean, and it’s very attractive. But given the pandemic and stuff, I’m just not going to be making physical visits to the types of places where such goodies can be found. And the main “local curiosities” places that I know of have gone out of business during the pandemic. I’d have to search out new ones.

OK, I will too.

i’m in. as usual i will rely on the very intelligent and good looking people of the sdmb. y’all have always sent me the most wonderful items.

I’m in. I like coffee, chocolate and local items. I collect small trinket bowls and pottery. It does get cold here a few months a year which allows me to wear pretty scarves. I can’t knit, but I sure can appreciate it!

The cats request a sheet of Mylar wrapping paper, any color.

I’m feeling too overwhelmed this year to buy any extra gifts. But thanks for organizing this – I expect to enjoy reading about other people’s gifts. :slight_smile:

As I am fortunate enough to personally know local craftspeople in the area who are taking COVID seriously, I am looking forward to making someone happy with gifts bought locally. Its a total win in my eyes :slight_smile:

What a lovely way to think about it.:+1:t3:

Estimating nine participants so far … c’mon, y’all, who else wants to play?

There’s another week-and-a-half left to sign up. I haz hope more will join.

Am I on the list yet?

That’s a Q for @Sir_T-Cups he’s runnin’ the show this year.

I’ll bump this just so people see it. :wink:

The neighborhood lady who used to make and sell goat milk soap wasn’t able to do so for a while, but is back in business. I didn’t see anything about folks being scent sensitive, but I’ll probably just send unscented to be safe.

I think I’m going to be able to get my hands on some prickly pear jelly, too. Locally made and sold by a family who is much braver than me. (I think they use long handled tongs and forks to pick the pears, but I’d probably still end up covered in blood.)

I’m already having fun shopping and I haven’t left the house!

Whee! Handmade soap! If you get my name have at any scent you like~I’m not allergic except to penicillin and I’m guessing the soap maker doesn’t do ‘bread mold scented soap’. [doing my part to keep bumping the thread in hopes of gaining guests]

If a certain someone gets my name is s/he allowed to send me furry rattie friends? Is that a rule that needs clearing up cuz you never know about her.

Yanno, I wouldn’t be surprised if she could whip up a bar. One of her signature scents is Monkey Farts, which smells just like Juicy Fruit gum! Not one of my favorites, but she has said that moms love it because it makes the children fuss less at bath time.

Thanks for bringing up that someone. From what I’ve seen here, if anyone needs rules cleared up, it would be her, LOL!.

But…that reminds me, about half the folks playing have feline overlords. In the before days, there was a lady who knitted the most amazing catnip filled mousies and donated them to a rescue to sell. I need to try to locate her and her mousies.

I usually participate in the shot glass exchange and have done the secret Santa before but this year there’s enough going on that I’m too mentally, emotionally, and financially exhausted to participate. However, I’ll join puzzlegal in the peanut gallery watching and cheering on the rest of the team.

I’ll do my best to participate next year.

Count me in! I like crafts, cooking, reading, trying out new things - and since I will be retiring by the end of the year, I hope I will have plenty of time for that. No allergies. International shipping is expensive, so keep it light.